UGA game

mamaslove

It is time to renew the oldest rivalry in the South, and I am asking any and all Tiger and Dawg fans to help me out a bit here. Under normal circumstances, I would be in the Auburn section cheering my Tigers on in Athens. However, I will be watching the game from a local watering hole because of the large group of people in my group that do not have tickets.

My question...is there a good, "friendly" bar to Auburn grads wanting to watch the game (ages ranging 25-32)...in the downtown area (Broad St.)? If so (even if not), how early should we plan on getting there?

Thanks in advance to any and all replies. By the way, I am very familiar with Athens, but I have never watched a game in a bar...I've always been @ the game!

War Eagle!

If your looking for a good calm time with a mix of older alumni/college kids you should check out the Ale House. Its on the 1st floor of the parking garage behind cheeburger cheeburger.

Otherwise, I'd just go to Touchdowns or any bar on College Street, for they may have the same qualities.

whatsup mammaslove

this may be a good deal as well

Greater Athens Auburn Club

Athens

President: Cindy Haygood

email: cindyhaygood@perfectlypolished.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2005 Auburn-Georgia Football Pre-game Party

November 12, 2005 at the Holiday Inn in Athens, GA.

Festivities will begin 3 hours prior to kick-off. Drop in and join us for some good-old, down-home food, fun, and fellowship with other Auburn Alumni and friends.

A buffet of fresh-cooked Bar-B-Que with all the fixin's will be provided, and for those with extra AU spirit, a cash bar will be available.

Cost is $16.50 for Tigers and $8.25 for Cubs.

Gotta be honest, I am not sure how many bars downtown-wise will be Auburn people.....

Either way, some favorites before and after are

Boar's Head - Better for after the game

Firehouse & Classic City - Right next to each other. Some say its cheesy but I dont think it is and the drinks are cheap. Good for before and after.

Molly O'Sheas before the game.

mamaslove - gotta love that name! :thumbsup: Hadn't been to Mama G's in a good long while. Too long.

Per your post, ANY bar in Athens is Auburn friendly, because :au: OWNS that town!! Why do you think they renamed Sandford to Jordan Hare - East?? :cheer:

Honestly, I use to ( old guy talkin now ) have a blast in any bar there, 'cause :au: usually won the game. Is O'Malley's still open? Had one hell of a great time there one fine year, lots of :au: folk showed up there.

If your looking for a good calm time with a mix of older alumni/college kids you should check out the Ale House.  Its on the 1st floor of the parking garage behind cheeburger cheeburger.

Otherwise, I'd just go to Touchdowns or any bar on College Street, for they may have the same qualities.

197065[/snapback]

Wrong town :big::big:

I remember in 2003...after UGA had won...I went back to my apartment which was smack dab in the middle of downtown Athens and I went to a far bars and had a good time.

I come back...and there were 3 AU guys drunk out of their minds lying in front of my door.

They had for some reason used the fire exit to get out of "Gator Haters" bar and ended up in my complex which was connected to it. :lol:

Nothing bad happened but I remember seeing this guy in an orange shirt just lying face down in front of my door with 2 other guys wearing AU hats to the side of him.

I can tell you that you probably don't want to put an Auburn hat on their bulldog statues in downtown. I did it in May and got dirty looks and good pictures, they may not take to kindly to it in November though.

Ok, quickly....I remember a Tech fan trying to "ride" the UGA dawg before the game in 2002 and some UGA fan "Terry Tated" his ass right off the bulldog :lol:

Maybe the funniest moment I have ever see in Athens

I remember in 2003...after UGA had won...I went back to my apartment which was smack dab in the middle of downtown Athens and I went to a far bars and had a good time.

I come back...and there were 3 AU guys drunk out of their minds lying in front of my door.

They had for some reason used the fire exit to get out of "Gator Haters" bar and ended up in my complex which was connected to it.  :lol:

Nothing bad happened but I remember seeing this guy in an orange shirt just lying face down in front of my door with 2 other guys wearing AU hats to the side of him.

197119[/snapback]

SLink - I was not involved, but I was in Athens that weekend (my wife is a graduate of UGA). I can certainly understand those young men needing a few too many drinks after that game...I certainly had my fair share.

Archived