Best/Worst of AUNation 2005

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

In a blatant plagarism move (I saw this at tigerforums.com) and in an effort to kick the Christmas doldrums, I present the unofficial BEST/WORST of AUNation 2005.

Nominations are now open for any and all categories, serious or otherwise. If you are selected for a category, you don't get anything, but if you so choose, you can claim some sort of championship, much like any and all Division 1-A football teams.

Without further ado, here are the first nominees:

Best Analyst - Stat Tiger

Best Political Poster - DKW 86

Most Prolific Poster - TigerMike

Best "Off-Hours" Poster - Tiger in Spain

Best "Chicken Little" Impersonation - PowerI

Best Newcomer - saniflush

Best Party Planner - AU Tailgating Rules

Best Rival Fan - SouthLink02

Best Potstirrer - Proud Tiger

Special Emoticon Award - CCTAU

Feel free to discuss these choices, change or add your own and come up with some of your own.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poster I am least likely to take on in a debate: It's a tie. Titan/Jenny. I'm a lawyer and I'd still be a one legged man in a butt kickin' contest if I tried to hang with these two.

Mr. Inside Stuff: DKW No one out scoops the scoopmaster.

The Master of Wit: TMajor I knew it the minute he matched me post for post on a thread about some guy making the pro fishing circuit. He had a BOATload of comebacks that pushed me to the LIMIT. It got REEL heated for a while.

#1 Auburn fan. Tried and true. NEVER a question where he stands: WarTim

Best Newcomer: Flush, it was close. AWK, you were right there. But, I gotta go with the Ghost. Content, humor, potstirrer...the total package. Definitely first team All-Freshmen.

The Prince of Potstirring: Aubie7. PowerI, your negativity is to be commended; however, it will take years of apprenticing to the master of all that is doom and gloom. Keep it coming 7, you make it interesting.

Best Rival Poster: The Linkster. Has the ability to represent his Hairy Dawgs without causing a riff every other post. Other rivals should take note. Tidefan24 would be right there if he posted more.

News You Can Use: Another tie. Stat for well....STATS. No equal. TigerMike for a consistent stream of updates and good information.

Scoop? With all deference to the many other AU Boards out there, I am a true rookie.

Best Upandcomers, (Those that will impact the board more than others) Tigrinum Major and AUEsquire.

Best Analyst - Stat Tiger No Doubt about this one.

Best Unsung Friend of the Board: API50

Best Political Poster: Texas Tiger has gotten me to think deeper and research harder. This is a personal pick. I think he could be a little more on the point at times but I do respect him.

Most missed poster: TideTiger, Cernach, kj, Tiger Al, I know some of you dont even know who they are, the old guys do. That is enough for now.

Most Prolific Poster: TigerMike WHEW! I dont even try and keep up with him.

Best Conservative Poster: TigerMike and TitanTiger

Best Old Squid Fart Poster - Tiger in Spain :lol:

Best "Chicken Little" Impersonation: PowerI, Winner of the EEYORE Award.

Best Newcomer: Galen's Ghost, runner up Saniflush

Funniest Post 2005: Galen's Ghost's "Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson" Thread. It is now all over the Internet.

Best Party Planner: AU Tailgating Rules, NO doubt on this one. :no:

Best Rival Fan - SouthLink02, BG, BamaFever, and TideFan24 are close seconds. Honorable Mention: Ellishugh

Best Potstirrer - Proud Tiger and RememberDonFuell. I have learned a lot from those two...

Best Board Feature: The Ignore Feature, made for BottomFeeder.

Congrats to all the 'Best' Awards winners. They are all most deserving. However, the title of this thread is Best/Worst of AUNation 2005. I would like to nominate myself for posting the: Worst Example of bammie Fan Obsession With The Bear:

Mvc-008s.jpg

Post Link for date/time verification: Link

Thanks. I'm here all week. Bring your friends. :big:

Since I have not been around that long I withdraw my votes until I have had a few more months around....

I will say though that Galen gets my vote for best newcomer for the Johnnie Walker Black thread earlier in the football season. that one thread ALONE did it for me.....

You had me at John Phillip Sousa.

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Guest Tigrinum Major
The Master of Wit: TMajor  I knew it the minute he matched me post for post on a thread about some guy making the pro fishing circuit.  He had a BOATload of comebacks that pushed me to the LIMIT.  It got REEL heated for a while.

206347[/snapback]

Thank you. I blush. That was back in my fingerling days when I was Known By The Company You Keep. I floundered about a bit before I learned the ropes and was able to SCHOOL some people. Those were some of my best lines. You and some of the others gave me an anchor to hold onto.

Best Newcomer: Flush, it was close.  AWK, you were right there.  But, I gotta go with the Ghost.  Content, humor, potstirrer...the total package.  Definitely first team All-Freshmen.

206347[/snapback]

Best Newcomer: Galen's Ghost, runner up Saniflush

206360[/snapback]

Since I have not been around that long I withdraw my votes until I have had a few more months around....

I will say though that Galen gets my vote for best newcomer for the Johnnie Walker Black thread earlier in the football season.  that one thread ALONE did it for me.....

You had me at John Phillip Sousa.

:roflol:   :roflol:   :roflol:   :roflol:   :roflol:   :roflol:   :roflol:   :roflol:

206382[/snapback]

I thought about GalensGhost, but he had a join date of 1 January 2005, not much after my own, so I left him out. I defer to the masses.

Here's my picks!!!!

Funniest Thread of the Year;

- Galen's Ghost Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson

Funniest Reply of the Year

- Jenny's Monty Python theatrical reply to Crimson 323 "apology" , then the subsequent sit down and shut up reply. From the Woodshed

Master of Wit (I'm with the lawyer on this one)

- gotta be TM

Best Analyst

- hands down Stat

Mr. Negativity

- Aubie7

Best Newcomer

- Galen's Ghost

Best Rival Fan

- SouthLink, at least we don't hear lame excuses from him

Master of Brevity

- none other than WarTim

Best Thread of the Year - most definitely the Sarah Jessica Parker DUI, great job Galen...

Master of Wit - Tigrinum in a landslide. I can only hope to get to your level someday.

I am such a newbie that I didn't even realize that Galen and saniflush were new as well, but if I do qualify to vote I would have to say Galen's Ghost as well (sorry flush)

Master Defeater of all things uat - War Tim (only because I don't think Stanley McClover posts here :poke: ) honorable mention TombigbeeTiger

Most Professional (or most old fart like) - Titan Tiger

:au::football::cheer:

Greatest picture ever posted on this board, compliments of me.  :big:

Iron Bowl '05

206344[/snapback]

AuNuma1, your photo shows the time is 11:56 in the second quarter and the score is 28-7. We scored very late in the second quarter to make it 28-7.

I can only surmise that you took the picture at halftime and that the clock is counting down for the start of the second half.

It's a heck of a good picture--wonder what Sheila was saying to the troops about then?

Greatest picture ever posted on this board, compliments of me.  :big:

Iron Bowl '05

206344[/snapback]

That is a great pic. I'm curious though....why all the empty seats behind the goal post? Where are those folks?

That's the section where the recruits sit. It did clear out at half time but filled back up when the game started up again. They may have had something planned at half time for them.

Greatest picture ever posted on this board, compliments of me.   :big:

Iron Bowl '05

206344[/snapback]

AuNuma1, your photo shows the time is 11:56 in the second quarter and the score is 28-7. We scored very late in the second quarter to make it 28-7.

I can only surmise that you took the picture at halftime and that the clock is counting down for the start of the second half.

It's a heck of a good picture--wonder what Sheila was saying to the troops about then?

206451[/snapback]

The giveaway is the band on the field

while i am hurt, and deeply saddened not to be remembered :D here are my thoughts (am i even eligible to vote?)

Best Analyst - Stat Tiger... not even a close one

Best Newcomer - although we've had our share of "discussions" already, gotta go with GhalensGhost

Best Rival Fan - me, since no one else will admit it :big: ... or southlink02

Best Potstirrer - Proud Tiger/Saniflush/Ghalen... all three equally

Best all around AU fan (from a UA fan's perspective)... T Major

That's the section where the recruits sit.  It did clear out at half time but filled back up when the game started up again.  They may have had something planned at half time for them.

206455[/snapback]

I didn't know that. Thanks.

In a blatant plagarism move (I saw this at tigerforums.com) and in an effort to kick the Christmas doldrums, I present the unofficial BEST/WORST of AUNation 2005. 

Nominations are now open for any and all categories, serious or otherwise.  If you are selected for a category, you don't get anything, but if you so choose, you can claim some sort of championship, much like any and all Division 1-A football teams. 

Without further ado, here are the first nominees:

Best Analyst - Stat Tiger

Most Prolific Poster - TigerMike

Best "Off-Hours" Poster - Tiger in Spain

Best "Chicken Little" Impersonation - PowerI

Best Newcomer - saniflush

Best Party Planner - AU Tailgating Rules

Best Rival Fan - SouthLink02

Best Potstirrer - Proud Tiger

Feel free to discuss these choices, change or add your own and come up with some of your own.

206343[/snapback]

Can't argue too much with these but just to stir the pot a little :big: , I offer:

Best Rival Fan--Tidefan24 ( he is willing to hash things out even in some tense discussions). Runnerups--LSUgradin99, Geauxscott and BamaBo. Just wish they posted more).

Best Attorney Poster--AUEsquire

Best Mod--Tigrinum Major, may not always agree with you but he will at least calmly expalin his position, feeble as it may be :big: (jk)

Best to Lead a Charge Into Baton Rouge---Jenny, no contest.

Greatest picture ever posted on this board, compliments of me.   :big:

Iron Bowl '05

206344[/snapback]

206451[/snapback]

The giveaway is the band on the field

206457[/snapback]

That might be a clue there!

Guest Tigrinum Major

Best Undercover Agent - Now if I told you that, he wouldn't be undercover anymore, would he? Or is it a she? Hmmmmmm......

Best Bama Fan That Started Out as a Jackleg - JXNTider (formerly AUWho)

Worst Person About Keeping In Touch and Active on the Forum Unless They Need an Oneonta Footballl Score - Carolina Tiger

Attorney on Retainer and Best Free Beer on Gamedays - AUEsquire

WIA/MIA - ranger12

Favorite Pointy Headed Democrat - Texas Tiger (special mention for longest signature)

Worst Self Promotion - quietfan (usually has good info, but is too quiet to get their due)

Chette Williams Unofficial Forum Chaplain - jared52

Worst Multitasker - WarTim

Worst Person to call when the Nip is Called - jaydubb121 (only when it is 4 AM)

Worst Burt Reynolds Obsession - Wishbone and deepseas

Worst Person to Pick an Internet Fight With - Titan or Jenny

Worst Rival Fan - rickyd or firenutt

Worst Smack Talker - firenutt

Worst Reason to Get Banned from a Bama Site - Space Shuttle Smack

Worst Foray Onto a Rival Site - DKW 86 and woopig

Best Place on Earth - Auburn, AL (I'll be there Friday)

Worst Rival Fan - rickyd or firenutt

206525[/snapback]

rickyd came in talking some smack but there was some background to that. He and I were at each other's throat big time, here and on an LSU board. But we exchanged several PMs and came to understand where we were coming from. He had several things going on at that time, including a son fixing to go to Iraq. I haven't seen him post anywhere in a long time but I belive if he did you would see a different person.

Worst Person to Pick an Internet Fight With - Titan or Jenny

Woohoo! I thought I was gonna have to be happy with 'most professional/old fart' for a minute there.

Can't add much except to say that Jenny's Monty Python take gets my Post Of The Year.

Archived