Basketball Game Get Together

Guest Tigrinum Major

Guest Tigrinum Major

On the heels of the successful Birmingham Meet and Greet, we have discussed getting together for a basketball game in Auburn. So, along the same lines as the Birmingham deal, we need your input:

1) Who would be interested in taking in a game on a Saturday at Auburn when the SEC schedule begins?

2) What date works the best? These are our Saturday choices:

January 21st versus the Bacon Bits

January 28th versus the Leghumpers (Eastern variety)

February 18th versus the Toonces Tigers (SEC Throwback Jersey Day)

March 4th versus the Chicken Fingers

3) Would you be interested in getting a block of tickets?

4) Would you be interested in meeting at a resturant before or after the game?

5) Would you be willing to foot the bill for all activities for all participants (like if you were some rich lawyer in the Wiregrass area)?

Post your answers here and we will make plans shortly.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tigrinum Major

New info:

If we wait until the February timeframe, we can also take in a baseball game. February 18th, we have a game with Hofstra. This would be the only Saturday that both the Roundball and Auburn Nine will have a game on the same day at home. Therefore, it gets my vote.

Well................... I like the 28th.........but most any weekend will do. I can drive down for just about any weekend with advanced notice.

Reason why I like the 28th.............. I will be in Auburn with the family to take avantage of the Auburn ALUM weekend ticket package.

Mens and womens basketball, swim meet, and gymnastic meet all for 28 bucks for the whole family (4 total)....

Can't beat that. A weekend in Auburn to watch AU athletics and look for a place to live come June.

I was just trying to explain to my little 3 year old Tiger that there were no more football games this year to go to, and to cop out and not hear too much whining I promised him I would take him to a basketball game soon. Since I missed the Birmingham get together, I would love to do this. Cast my vote for Feb. 18th, but really I could make any of those Saturdays work for my buddy.

I live in Auburn so which ever date would be good for me. I can probably help out with tickets. I do have a contact in the Ticket Office.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tigrinum Major

The votes have been tabulated and it appears that Febraury 18th is the overwhelming favorite, with David being the lone vote for earlier. But how much does his opinion count anyway? So, hence, therefore, February 18th it shall be.

More info to follow as we get closer. If we do get tgr4lfe to get us a block of tickets, we need to be firm in our commitments.

tgr4lfe, PM me or post the prices that you can get for us. I, for one, am intertested in going to the baseball and basketball games, at least two people, maybe as many as five. I would anticipate about ten folks total as a minimum.

Baseball game is at 4:00 PM.

Basketball game is at 6:00 PM.

Id loveeeeeeeeeeee to go to the baseball game, considering my old roommates younger brother might be pitching that day, would be awesome!

Id loveeeeeeeeeeee to go to the baseball game, considering my old roommates younger brother might be pitching that day, would be awesome!

212731[/snapback]

I'll be there

212731[/snapback]

I'll be there

212737[/snapback]

yeah, Chad id be riding with you, What day does Evan pitch?

212731[/snapback]

I'll be there

212737[/snapback]

yeah, Chad id be riding with you, What day does Evan pitch?

212740[/snapback]

As far as I know, he still doesn't know for sure yet. Originally he was supposed to be pitching on Sundays, but last I talked to him he said that may not be the case anymore.

The votes have been tabulated and it appears that Febraury 18th is the overwhelming favorite, with David being the lone vote for earlier.  But how much does his opinion count anyway?  So, hence, therefore, February 18th it shall be. 

More info to follow as we get closer.  If we do get tgr4lfe to get us a block of tickets, we need to be firm in our commitments. 

tgr4lfe, PM me or post the prices that you can get for us.  I, for one, am intertested in going to the baseball and basketball games, at least two people, maybe as many as five.  I would anticipate about ten folks total as a minimum.

Baseball game is at 4:00 PM.

Basketball game is at 6:00 PM.

212728[/snapback]

Thanks TM, what a guy....

I think I will be there too.

Guest Tigrinum Major
The votes have been tabulated and it appears that Febraury 18th is the overwhelming favorite, with David being the lone vote for earlier.  But how much does his opinion count anyway? 

212728[/snapback]

Thanks TM, what a guy....

212804[/snapback]

You know I love ya like a brother, David.

• 2 weeks later...

I need to know ASAP (preferably via e-mail or PM) who is coming to the ball games and how many tickets to each event. Plan is to just have the tickets left at will call with your name on it and what you need to pay.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Bump.

Also, I will be unable to make the trip. My son has a basketball game scheduled for that day and since I am the coach and all, my wife thinks I should be there. Women!

tgr4lfe, will you be willing to take the lead? I would appreciate it if you would. Have you gotten much PM response about tickets?

I have only heard from fanatic and no one else. Anybody else, plz e-mail (tgrz4lfe@netzero.com) or PM me. We could try to get together for lunch prior to the games if anyone is interested.

TM, ever heard the phrase INTERIM coach. :D

I apologize for taking so long in getting this information back. I am going to need three tickets. If it will just be easier for me to do it myself let me know. Bringing two friends that have never been to the campus so we I am playing tour guide to a degree. One is a BIG tarheel fan that being trained to pull for us. If everything has fallen apart that is fine just let me know.

I scored two scholarship section tickets on the first row behind the corndog bench. Has there been a lunch plan finalized?

Don't know about plans. Imagine we will roll in sometime around noon though. Got to get up that morning and help the Tarheel cut some wood from the homeplace in Montgomery. Then coming on over. Can't check into the hotel until three or so. Anything big going on that night?

these get togethers are a great idea. I wish I could be there, but just can't get there that weekend. Let's do another one soon... Anyway, out of those that are going, someone make and hold up an aunation.net sign. I'll be watching on tv.. :)

Archived