Earl Alexander

moe

I really do feel for the kid after being told he could have a shot at QB. Now I believe the coaching staff and Shula in the fact that he will get "a shot" at QB, but let's be honest here. Is there any chance he could decommit and take a gander at us after the UAT's new commitment from the Texas kid? On a scale of 0-10, what do you think?

3 and I have absolutely no basis or reason for picking this number.

212253[/snapback]

well alright, I appreciate your input :P

I would say maybe 5 out of 10, or 50% chance, that he decommits from Bama.

And maybe 40% chance he commits to Auburn.

If he decommits, it will be because of McElroy . . . remember he committed to Bama one day after Tebow spurned Bama for Florida. However, he may not feel as threatened by McElroy as he was by Tebow (the super QB). And some kids feel obligated to actually honor their verbal commitments.

As to where he goes . . . who knows? He really liked Auburn and went to camp there, so that is a bonus, as is being from Phenix City (40 miles away). On the other hand, Auburn is pretty loaded at WR and QB in this class. If Tim Hawthorne says he is coming to Auburn, it might help or it might hurt in Alexander's recruitment, depending on how he looks at it (ie. another WR means I won't be needed as much at WR and might get to play QB or vice versa). With Cox being a rising junior and two sophomore backups plus two QB recruits . . . it would be tough sale to say he has a good shot as a QB at Auburn.

The Competition . . .

Georgia has a rising senior QB and a 5 star QB commitment.

LSU has a rising junior QB and no QB commitment this year. Perriloux may be a flop who knows?

Not sure about Clemson or Louisville or other teams who might come in at the last minute.

I think he will go to uat and those bright minds down there will attempt to make him a db.

i taught in PC this year and got to see Earl play, he's got a great arm but he's tall too and gives you that Matt Jones kind of look where almost any db will take a bad angle and not catch him. He's going to be a powerful weapon wherever he goes, so long as they use him properly

I really do feel for the kid after being told he could have a shot at QB.  Now I believe the coaching staff and Shula in the fact that he will get "a shot" at QB, but let's be honest here.  Is there any chance he could decommit and take a gander at us after the UAT's new commitment from the Texas kid? On a scale of 0-10, what do you think?

212248[/snapback]

He will get a shot at QB. Jimmy Johns got a shot last year. Worked out with the QBs most of the summer, but said he wanted to get on the field as soon and as much as possible. I think Earl will be in the same boat. He's a great raw athlete that projects by many to be a WR. But he will get a chance at QB.

I think any hope of getting Earl to AU left when he didnt show up in AU last weekend for his official visit.

I have "heard" that he will stay in the SEC, but, not in west al.

I wish him the best. :thumbsup:

unless alexander wakes up a white boy one morning, he'll never see a centers butt, close up in college....thats the way they do things at the crapstone

212845[/snapback]

<_<:rolleyes::bs:

Can anyone remember the story of a little race baiter named Wallace "Standing in the schoolhouse door." What fine institute was he standing in the door of?

You're kidding right?

Can anyone remember the story of a little race baiter named Wallace "Standing in the schoolhouse door." What fine institute was he standing in the door of?

You're kidding right?

213136[/snapback]

Not at all.

Jimmy Johns got a handful of snaps last yearthat's all. That does not mean he "got a look at qb." He got a limited, non-commital, shut Sly Croom's mouth, glance at qb and that is all.

There are so many black qbs out there. How is it that Bama does have one? AU has Calvin Booker and just finished with Jason Campbell.

GA, FL, UT, UK, SC, LSU, OM, MSU, AU all have had black qbs playing real time in the last two years.... My Bama friends never reffered to AZ as anything but TFNQ all the time he played there.

Take it for what its worth:

I just heard that Alexander will take a visit to Auburn this weekend, and that it was Alexander who called our coaching staff asking for a visit.

Take it for what its worth:

I just heard that Alexander will take a visit to Auburn this weekend, and that it was Alexander who called our coaching staff asking for a visit.

213830[/snapback]

He has not decided yet to take the visit. He said he probably will not.

Archived