J. Ricks is..........

WarTim

I know this is recruiting info and should be on that board. (It already is) BUT, this is HUGE news. Our staff has landed their #1 target. This big Man, and he is a MAN, will be in the hunt for playing time as a true freshman. This could REALLY start the chain of dominos falling. :au:

Coach Tubs and his staff have done, and are doing, another GREAT job in getting the right kids with the RIGHT "stuff". :cheer:

Time will tell the tale, but, this is a great pick up and hats off to the staff.

Welcome on board Mr. Ricks and WAR EAGLE ! ! ! :au:

Bama folks thought this guy was a lock for them.

DKW predicts the usual " :au: beat :ua: for a recruit therefore we must have cheated" posts to spring forth on every Bama boad on the net in a few moments.

Wish you guys could see the e-mails, ims and pms on this guy. "We never wanted him" ,"Didnt fit the system", "We were pulling our offer", "He had a bad attitude" etc.

The sun and stars are not as predictable as Turdscaloser during recruiting season.

Well DKW part of that is correct.

He doesn't fit their system.

He would actually like to win the Iron Bowl. So in that respect they are correct.

Yes, they really wanted their 3rd and 4th choices for QB instead anyway...

I would be surprised if you haven't heard the "family ties" excuse a million times as of yet.

Congratulations Mr. Ricks for making the right decision and here's hoping that you get a few of the sacks going around in next year's Iron Bowl.

:cheer:

He definitely did not fit their system. Starting with the head coach on down, they ony go after the 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc, place person at any position. :roflol:

Bama folks thought this guy was a lock for them.

DKW predicts the usual " :au: beat :ua: for a recruit therefore we must have cheated" posts to spring forth on every Bama boad on the net in a few moments.

212803[/snapback]

NO NO!!!! He just stinks...and they didn't want him anyway!!! :lol::lol::lol:

:au::homer:

Guest Tigrinum Major
Yes, they really wanted their 3rd and 4th choices for QB instead anyway...

I would be surprised if you haven't heard the "family ties" excuse a million times as of yet.

Congratulations Mr. Ricks for making the right decision and here's hoping that you get a few of the sacks going around in next year's Iron Bowl.

:cheer:

212869[/snapback]

Actually, I would like to see him on the O line next year (or the next after a redshirt). This kid's frame is huge. He could be the Johnathon Palmer of 2006, playing everywhere. He is quick and has that aggressive attitude of a DL, but there have been a many DT and NG converted over the past few years. I expect Nall and Price to fight over this kid.

Wherever he plays on the field, I wish him the best experience at Auburn University.

I would agree 100% if they still can sign Deas or Mullins possibly this year.

We all thought the 2004-05 version of the OL looked good, but just imagine what the 2006-07 version could look like with the veterans coming back and the group coming in, especially if Ricks is part of the OL.

Archived