Manning family

GalensGhost

Hey Ghost....here's a link you might enjoy.

Manning retires    :D

(that is if you haven't seen it already  ;) )

213378[/snapback]

Sad thing is, is thats why I for one HATE the Mannings...Peyton really believes that about himself...and I detest the love affair the media have with him...There are backups in the NFL better than he is, that wouldn't choke in the big games like he does every season..

Peyton really believes that about himself...and I detest the love affair the media have with him...

Calling total BS on this quote.

Peyton is actually a great guy in person. Not sure one person that knows or works with him will say he thinks that about himself.

Sister went to HS with him at Newman and went to Tennessee.

Have met Archie, Elivia, and Cooper many times and must say they are as nice in person and in private as they are in the public.

Eli is a whole different story...he is a prick....a total and utter PRICK.

Peyton really believes that about himself...and I detest the love affair the media have with him...

Peyton is actually a great guy in person. Not sure one person that knows or works with him will say he thinks that about himself.

Have met Archie, Elivia, and Cooper many times and must say they are as nice in person and in private as they are in the public.

213413[/snapback]

slink...In my Opinon...Peyton is an arrogant, egotistical, piece of $%#%...and selling out his teammates after yet another playoff choke, proves what an A** hole he is. He honestly believes nothing is his fault..."we had protection problems" yada yada yada....casting off responsibilty on ONE position instead of taking your share of the blame or lack of preparation is totally classless, and thats just what Peyton Manning does every single time they FOLD..... The media does love him too..and that i haven't figured out... He's just simply not all that they make him out to be...I have NO use for any of the Mannings...The only thing I enjoy seeing lose more is UAT....

slink...In my Opinon...Peyton is an arrogant, egotistical, piece of $%#%

Just telling you that thinking that is wrong.

Not my opinion but a fact to anyone that works or has played around him.

He made a stupid quote...one that was 100% correct, imo...and people think he loves himself and blah blah blah. Ridiculous over-exaggeration.

I hate UT but I really like the Manning Family, except Eli who has tried starting fights at NO bars with people who don't kiss his ass. SOB

213413[/snapback]

slink...In my Opinon...Peyton is an arrogant, egotistical, piece of $%#%...and selling out his teammates after yet another playoff choke, proves what an A** hole he is. He honestly believes nothing is his fault..."we had protection problems" yada yada yada....casting off responsibilty on ONE position instead of taking your share of the blame or lack of preparation is totally classless, and thats just what Peyton Manning does every single time they FOLD..... The media does love him too..and that i haven't figured out... He's just simply not all that they make him out to be...I have NO use for any of the Mannings...The only thing I enjoy seeing lose more is UAT....

213419[/snapback]

In fairness I will note that I have met Peyton on two separate occasions and in both instances he was polite, gracious and seemed very down to earth and a "regular guy".

I have also met Eli. He is the antithesis. A complete jerk and an utter clown of the butt variety.

slink...In my Opinon...Peyton is an arrogant, egotistical, piece of $%#%

Just telling you that thinking that is wrong.

Not my opinion but a fact to anyone that works or has played around him.

Hell, he takes the OL out to eat monthly and they love him.

He made a stupid quote...one that was 100% correct, imo...and people think he loves himself and blah blah blah

Ridiculous over-exaggeration

213428[/snapback]

It can't be wrong.. Its an OPINION...Opinions CAN NOT be wrong.. I'm entitled to my opinion...and that is MY OPINION on Manning....and it will never change.. Hope he loses every game he plays in..

and that is MY OPINION on Manning

And it is wrong.

But, you have the right to believe that :D

213431[/snapback]

Opinons CANNOT BE WRONG....You obviously have a different experience or view and thats fine..but don't tell me my OPINION is wrong...I haven't said your opinion was wrong.... we just have different views... :big:

sounds like a pretty solid consensus on ELI though... :lol::lol::lol:

but don't tell me my OPINION is wrong

It is :big:

Eli can go suck a....anyone in the city should go to Fat Harry's and catch Eli and his drunk friends sitting around a table banging it telling people "This is Eli! Buy him a drink or else!"

:no:

I'm not sure why so many people hate Peyton Manning on here. Sure, he probably shouldn't have said what he did after the game(though I believe it was a factual statement) how many athletes don't say something stupid from time to time? Do you hate Charles Barkley? Here is what I don't get, when the Colts lose a big game a lot of you say that "Peyton choked" and things along those lines but lets remember there are 21 other guys out there(and against the Steelers the 11 on D didn't do to much till the end). So call Peyton a choker and all that but I for one vividly(and painfully) remember a game in 97 where he didn't choke, Auburn did. The SEC championship. That's a big game isn't it?

So call Peyton a choker and all that but I for one vividly(and painfully) remember a game in 97 where he didn't choke, Auburn did.  The SEC championship.  That's a big game isn't it?

213468[/snapback]

And that "in my opinion" is when I first witnessed his arrogance.

When being interviewed after the game, his attitude was "no, we weren't worried, we knew we'd win".

No, there is nothing wrong with that. Yes, Auburn blew the game. However, absolutely no credit to Auburn for their perfomance. No "they played tough" , "they gave us a good game" or anything like that. No mention of Auburn at all. Something like that catches my attention immediately....no matter what two teams are playing. I just think it is not good sportsmanship....guess I'm just old fashioned or naive, but that's my opinion.

And if I can find the link (been trying for weeks), I'll post it to support my belief that PM is classless and a poor sportsman. I will never be a fan of PM.

"no, we weren't worried, we knew we'd win".

If he knew, it was only because we had the wrong shades of orange and blue - the seat of his pants should have said "Property of :uf: "

I'm not sure why so many people hate Peyton Manning on here.  Sure, he probably shouldn't have said what he did after the game(though I believe it was a factual statement) how many athletes don't say something stupid from time to time?  Do you hate Charles Barkley?  Here is what I don't get, when the Colts lose a big game a lot of you say that "Peyton choked"  and things along those lines but lets remember there are 21 other guys out there(and against the Steelers the 11 on D didn't do to much till the end).  So call Peyton a choker and all that but I for one vividly(and painfully) remember a game in 97 where he didn't choke, Auburn did.  The SEC championship.  That's a big game isn't it?

213468[/snapback]

The only family with more choke-a-bility than the Mannings are the Bowdens.

One question. If the Colts had come back and beaten Pittsburgh what do you think the headline would have been?

"Manning wills Colts to win"? "Manning leads improbable comeback"? "Manning simply refused to lose"? :puke::puke::puke:

So call Peyton a choker and all that but I for one vividly(and painfully) remember a game in 97 where he didn't choke, Auburn did.  The SEC championship.  That's a big game isn't it?

213468[/snapback]

And that "in my opinion" is when I first witnessed his arrogance.

When being interviewed after the game, his attitude was "no, we weren't worried, we knew we'd win".

No, there is nothing wrong with that. Yes, Auburn blew the game. However, absolutely no credit to Auburn for their perfomance. No "they played tough" , "they gave us a good game" or anything like that. No mention of Auburn at all. Something like that catches my attention immediately....no matter what two teams are playing. I just think it is not good sportsmanship....guess I'm just old fashioned or naive, but that's my opinion.

And if I can find the link (been trying for weeks), I'll post it to support my belief that PM is classless and a poor sportsman. I will never be a fan of PM.

213482[/snapback]

QBs have to be confident. What do you think would've happened in the LSU game last year if JC would've come to the huddle and said "guys, we may lose this one". Thankfully he didn't. He told the O that we were going to WIN. Give him a break about not complimenting Auburn. He just won the SEC Championship. While it would've been a nice gesture, AU didn't play tough, they crumbled in the second half. Call it arrogance if you will but put things in perspective and think about guys like T.O. and Chad Johnson. Confidence and arrogance are two different things.

QBs have to be confident. What do you think would've happened in the LSU game last year if JC would've come to the huddle and said "guys, we may lose this one". Thankfully he didn't. He told the O that we were going to WIN. Give him a break about not complimenting Auburn. He just won the SEC Championship. While it would've been a nice gesture, AU didn't play tough, they crumbled in the second half. Call it arrogance if you will but put things in perspective and think about guys like T.O. and Chad Johnson. Confidence and arrogance are two different things.

213487[/snapback]

I know there is a difference between confidence and arrogance, and anything I've witnessed from PM is arrogance. Just my perspective.

Archived