Manning family

GalensGhost

QBs have to be confident. What do you think would've happened in the LSU game last year if JC would've come to the huddle and said "guys, we may lose this one". Thankfully he didn't. He told the O that we were going to WIN. Give him a break about not complimenting Auburn. He just won the SEC Championship. While it would've been a nice gesture, AU didn't play tough, they crumbled in the second half. Call it arrogance if you will but put things in perspective and think about guys like T.O. and Chad Johnson. Confidence and arrogance are two different things.

213487[/snapback]

I know there is a difference between confidence and arrogance, and anything I've witnessed from PM is arrogance. Just my perspective.

213538[/snapback]

I didn't mean to condescend if it came off that way. However, I just haven't found too much fault with PM. He shouldn't have said what he did about his O line. Other than that, he has never rubbed me the wrong way though. But as you said, just my perspective.

Oh, no prob. :)

This just seems to be one of those subjects where one side is just as passionate and firm in their belief as the other side.

I'm not sure why so many people hate Peyton Manning on here.  Sure, he probably shouldn't have said what he did after the game(though I believe it was a factual statement) how many athletes don't say something stupid from time to time?  Do you hate Charles Barkley?  Here is what I don't get, when the Colts lose a big game a lot of you say that "Peyton choked"  and things along those lines but lets remember there are 21 other guys out there(and against the Steelers the 11 on D didn't do to much till the end).  So call Peyton a choker and all that but I for one vividly(and painfully) remember a game in 97 where he didn't choke, Auburn did.  The SEC championship.  That's a big game isn't it?

213468[/snapback]

That is Payton's ONE and ONLY championship. Eli also cost us an SECC.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Eli also cost us an SECC.

213595[/snapback]

How? How? This shows you have no clue what you are talking about. The only game Eli Manning won against Auburn was 2003. We had three conference losses that year while LSU had one. Even if we had beaten Ole Miss, we still are a game short. Even if we beat Ole Miss and then beat UGA the following week, we have a conference loss to LSU, so they own the tiebreaker. Even if we beat LSU< then we still had the SECCG to worry about.

No way Eli cost us anything.

Go back to Gainesville or Starkville or Oxford or Athens, wherever your loyalties lie.

213595[/snapback]

How? How? This shows you have no clue what you are talking about. The only game Eli Manning won against Auburn was 2003. We had three conference losses that year while LSU had one. Even if we had beaten Ole Miss, we still are a game short. Even if we beat Ole Miss and then beat UGA the following week, we have a conference loss to LSU, so they own the tiebreaker. Even if we beat LSU< then we still had the SECCG to worry about.

Go back to Gainesville or Starkville or Oxford or Athens, wherever your loyalties lie.

213623[/snapback]

Pull your head out of your, well you know where... If we win that game we could have went on, we just phoned it in after that.

By the way, I have been to those places. Your family says to tell you "Hey".

Guest Tigrinum Major

213595[/snapback]

213623[/snapback]

Pull your head out of your, well you know where... If we win that game we could have went on, we just phoned it in after that.

By the way, I have been to those places. Your family says to tell you "Hey".

213823[/snapback]

We had already lost to LSU BEFORE we lost to Ole Miss. They did not lose but one SEC game. So, were we clarivoyent and phoned that game in BEFORE we lost to Ole Miss.

LSU ended up with one loss, just like this year and therefore owned the tiebreaker.

Try again.

Archived