David Gibbs

sogaaufan

Our local news telecast last night announced that Gibbs was leaving to take the Chiefs job. What confused me was a statement from CTT saying that he had hoped they would be able to keep him, but that he had decided to move on.

Is this just the official position or did it really go down like this? Maybe CTT wanted to help Gibbs and keep him from having two firings in two years off his resume.

Any input?

Interesting thought. Have not thought of it that way. IMO I don't think that was the case. I think Gibbs is and has always been a pro guy and just didn't fit not only the college game real well but the lifestyle either. Having never been a college or pro coach that may just be my perception that there is a difference.

Our local news telecast last night announced that Gibbs was leaving to take the Chiefs job. What confused me was a statement from CTT saying that he had hoped they would be able to keep him, but that he had decided to move on.

Is this just the official position or did it really go down like this? Maybe CTT wanted to help Gibbs and keep him from having two firings in two years off his resume.

Any input?

I agree.

IMHO, I believe CTT and Gibbs agreed for him to leave without being fired. Gibbs benefitted b/c his resume wasn't tainted by another year. CTT and :au: benefitted from the timing; after all recruits' letters were in, they pulled the trigger. Honestly, do you think Herm Edwards would have jumped on Gibbs that fast just for the heck of it; Herm had plenty of time to evaluate coaches.

Archived