Prepaid Credit Cards...?

DKW 86

http://auburn.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=1...9271709&style=1

From Rivals Board....

oldcoach1972

user profile

Post #31 Bama and the Red elephant club Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following is a true story, it happened a few days ago.

A new bama football player came into a tire and wheel store in the Hoover area last week. I was there speaking to the owner (friend) the young man had a nice ride, 2005 Explorer. He wanted some new wheels and of course tires. He purchased about 2K worth of tires and wheels. Now this is where the funny part comes in he whipped out a master card, he ask(ed) the owner to run it three different times so it would go through. As the owner was running the card it showed it was a pre-paid credit card. Issued to this player 45 days ago. Of course I cannot tell who it was, it would break a law, but you have to wonder how a kid can get a pre-paid credit card for that amount. So we did some background check on the kid and found out that the card was purchased at a Rite-way by Mr. R Smith, who paid cash on the card. WOW....and this kid's last name ain't Smith.

Funny all of a sudden these pre-paid credit cards show up. Must be nice, wish someone would give me a few.

mobala_tiger62

user profile

Midtown Mobile, AL

First Round Draft Pick

Post #9735 There is a big bammer  Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in Mobile named Riley Smith. He was former AL Conservation Commissioner and Seigleman fan. He is the one who was involved in the Trustee fight at bammer. He had Senate backing and Mrs. Urhquart (sp) had been selected by the other trustees. His dad played QB on the team that the bar played end, Rose Bowl, etc. Bigggggggg bammer!! Many $$$$$!! Dunno if he's your man or not. Don't sound like something he'd do as he's not that stupid, but you never know. Smith is not an uncommon name as we all know and often used as an alias, again as we all know.

Wasn't the guy in Northeast AL named Smith? Henagar or Ider or somewhere around there. 2005 Explorer with pimped up wheels...sounds normal for a college freshman. No problems, just move along.

Wasn't the guy in Northeast AL named Smith? Henagar or Ider or somewhere around there.  2005 Explorer with pimped up wheels...sounds normal for a college freshman.  No problems, just move along.

220980[/snapback]

Kenny Smith from North Jackson High School?

I was actually thinking about the booster. Wasn't his name Wendell Smith, or am I remembering things wrong? Not that there is a connection, but it is a strange coincidence.

What law? For a third party present in a business transaction at a tire store....Give me a break...either oldtimer is senile about law or it's made up..my vote is both!!!!

I don't know if I buy this.  Mean that is really easy to trace.

220995[/snapback]

All you have to do is walk in a bank, lay down $3000 or so and ask for a prepaid VISA or Mastercard. You don't have to give your name. Then you mail it to someone with no return address on the envelope. How do you trace it?

220995[/snapback]

All you have to do is walk in a bank, lay down $3000 or so and ask for a prepaid VISA or Mastercard. You don't have to give your name. Then you mail it to someone with no return address on the envelope. How do you trace it?

221645[/snapback]

You say that like you have personal experience...

:poke:

Can you say "Official Letter of Inquiry" to follow? :big:

220995[/snapback]

221645[/snapback]

You say that like you have personal experience...

:poke:

221646[/snapback]

:big::big::big:

220995[/snapback]

221645[/snapback]

Ive never purchased one so I don't know. I was just going by the original post where they came uith the Smith guy purchasing it.

220995[/snapback]

221645[/snapback]

Ive never purchased one so I don't know. I was just going by the original post where they came uith the Smith guy purchasing it.

221751[/snapback]

I understand. It probably does raise less attention if you just say your name and Robert Smith or Jim Jones are as good as any, better than most :big:

Prepaid Credit card? What was wrong with the old brown sack of money mailed to the player?

221757[/snapback]

...or $250,000.00 delivered by a COACH? ;)

Archived