Dow nearing All-Time High

DKW 86

http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0501/p01s01-usec.html

Six years later, the Dow is back

Propelled by the economy, the Dow is nearing its all-time high of 11,723 from 2000.

By Ron Scherer | Staff writer of The Christian Science Monitor

NEW YORK – Without much fanfare, the Dow Jones Industrial Average is closing in on its all-time high, set at the beginning of 2000 before Americans became disenchanted with stocks and turned to real estate.

Despite soaring oil prices, the Dow, watched as a barometer of the economy and Main Street, has regained more than 4,000 points that slipped away after the dotcom bust and the 2001 recession. Now, the average is closer than it's ever been to its Jan. 14, 2000, high of 11,723 - a number that brings back memories of taxi drivers talking about their stock portfolios and a book predicting a 36,000 level for the Dow.

And the 2006 elections suddenly look very much more friendlier... ;)

Maybe we can forget the free spending under W by then too.... :angry:

Whats funny to me is the economy is what made Clinton such a "great" president....

And this time Bush's economy doesnt get the benefit of over inflated internet stocks moving the economy forward.

He must be doing something right.

(I got a raise the other day at work....i guess im one of those "rich" people the democrats say Bush is helpin out)

Whats funny to me is the economy is what made Clinton such a "great" president....

And this time Bush's economy doesnt get the benefit of over inflated internet stocks moving the economy forward.

He must be doing something right.

(I got a raise the other day at work....i guess im one of those "rich" people the democrats say Bush is helpin out)

233331[/snapback]

You know BG, without the wholey overblown Internet stocks, it is amazing that we are doing this well. Back then we had the SEC asleep at the wheel and Enron, Tyco, HealthSouth, et al just lying thru their teeth about their worth.

I actually had someone tell me today that the economy was "pitiful" right now.  :blink:

233336[/snapback]

It's the borken record that the Left continues to drone on about, over and over in sound bite form. Joe or Jane citizen flips on the news while making dinner or getting home from work, and that's all they hear, so it MUST be true. Gas prices are at $ 3 a gallon, so it MUST be true. Never mind unemployment is down, housing starts are up, consumer confidence is high, sales are high, stock market numbers are up, .... it's undenyable that the economy is doing very good.

Then why don't they start reporting the M3?

233414[/snapback]

BF, when have they ever reported M3 in the national news? t would bore 99% of America to death.

Archived