Yo Ann Coulter Fans

WinCrimson

The truth ain't always pretty. If you read her piece (and not someone else's interpretation of it), she's not that far off base. This group of widows (the Jersey girls) have profited greatly from their husbands deaths, mainly by aligning themselves with left wing moonbats.

It seems to me that these 9/11 widows want to be able to level harsh criticism at people, particularly the current aministration, but still use their widow status as a shield against any criticism themselves. Sorry it doesn't work that way, if you are going to inject yourselves into the politics of 9/11, then you best be prepared to catch some criticism.

In the grand scheme of things, she is no different than Arriana Huffington. The main reason this s news is because she is <gasp> a conservative.

JUST MY OPINION, BUT:

Coulter knows her audience and knows what sells to them. She isn’t concerned about petty distractions like truth, decency, or compassion. In many ways she reminds me of Paul Finebaum: By stirring up controversy and going out of her way to offend people, she gets her ratings up. The difference is I’ve never heard Finebaum sound as hateful, bitter, and vicious as Coulter. Paul would probably blush at some of the language she uses to describe the targets of her rants.

…Certainly her right…but not my taste

JUST MY OPINION, BUT:

Coulter knows her audience and knows what sells to them.  She isn’t concerned about petty distractions like truth, decency, or compassion.  In many ways she reminds me of Paul Finebaum:  By stirring up controversy and going out of her way to offend people, she gets her ratings up.  The difference is I’ve never heard Finebaum sound as hateful, bitter, and vicious as Coulter.  Paul would probably blush at some of the language she uses to describe the targets of her rants.

239355[/snapback]

I think that's a decent assessment. I actually don't care for any political pundits, Dem or Repub.

I just thought that this was particularly sickening... and then for people to back her up! You know we're headed down the wrong path when a pundit is calling widows of a national tragedy "witches" and then for her Kool-Aid drinking followers to say "Well, the truth ain't always pretty." Sad.

JUST MY OPINION, BUT:

Coulter knows her audience and knows what sells to them.  She isn’t concerned about petty distractions like truth, decency, or compassion.  In many ways she reminds me of Paul Finebaum:  By stirring up controversy and going out of her way to offend people, she gets her ratings up.  The difference is I’ve never heard Finebaum sound as hateful, bitter, and vicious as Coulter.  Paul would probably blush at some of the language she uses to describe the targets of her rants.

239355[/snapback]

I think that's a decent assessment. I actually don't care for any political pundits, Dem or Repub.

I just thought that this was particularly sickening... and then for people to back her up! You know we're headed down the wrong path when a pundit is calling widows of a national tragedy "witches" and then for her Kool-Aid drinking followers to say "Well, the truth ain't always pretty." Sad.

239361[/snapback]

Somewhat strange that any mention of 9/11 by a conservative and the left immediately begins their chant, "Get over 9/11! You bring 9/11 up all the time!" That is unless they are using it to bash conservatives.

JUST MY OPINION, BUT:

239355[/snapback]

239361[/snapback]

Somewhat strange that any mention of 9/11 by a conservative and the left immediately begins their chant, "Get over 9/11! You bring 9/11 up all the time!" That is unless they are using it to bash conservatives.

239368[/snapback]

I think they're saying that R's bring up 9/11 and try to tie it in with the Iraq war for the justification of it. I happen to be against the politicizing of that horriffic day in any situation. It is what it is, don't try to nab votes off of 5k+ dead Americans.

I think if the nation just chilled out for a week and thought about the crap that was being spewed by both sides we'd be a lot better off. I say a week b/c I know that both sides have so many blind loyalists that would at first refuse to put away their biased attitudes and actually think issues through instead of parotting what the RNC or DNC tells them. Just one week without the the wacky R's and wacky D's controlling the TV screens, newspapers, blogs, etc would do this nation some good IMO. Too bad that will NEVER happen.

It is funny how some of you want to bash Ann Coulter for going against a group of women who have exploited 9/11 and their connection to it, when liberals have been bashing conservatives for doing that because conservatives tell us to not forget abot what happened that day. Just because these women had family that died on that day does not exempt them from criticism when they choose to publicly display their views like they have. Coulter has said nothing out of line about this group. Actually, other 9/11 groups have already spoken out against this same group, so why is Ann being crucified for doing the same?

Nice job by calling her a b*tch, but the way. Reall classy move there. :no: Guess I should not expect much from a bammer though. At least those of us that can't stand Hiliary Clintor an of the other liberal female leaders, we don't resort to that type of language when talking about them.

Nice job by calling her a b*tch, but the way. Reall classy move there.

239387[/snapback]

And Coulter is any classier when she calls these widows "The Witches of East Brunswick"? and says:
"By the way, how do we know their husbands weren't planning to divorce these harpies? Now that their shelf life is dwindling, they'd better hurry up and appear in Playboy."
? How does casting aspersions on the state of their marriages before 9/11 have any relevance whatsoever to the political argument? Ditto for the Playboy reference? That's just typical Coulter venom. (Again, within her rights and her fans eat it up, but very offensive to me.)

I actually have no problem with her taking the conservative side on issues even when I respectfully disagree. But defending political beliefs in a rational manner vs. spouting vicious personal attacks to sell books and get camera time are two very different things.

239387[/snapback]

And Coulter is any classier when she calls these widows "The Witches of East Brunswick"? and says:
"By the way, how do we know their husbands weren't planning to divorce these harpies? Now that their shelf life is dwindling, they'd better hurry up and appear in Playboy."
? How does casting aspersions on the state of their marriages before 9/11 have any relevance whatsoever to the political argument? Ditto for the Playboy reference? That's just typical Coulter venom. (Again, within her rights and her fans eat it up, but very offensive to me.)

I actually have no problem with her taking the conservative side on issues even when I respectfully disagree. But defending political beliefs in a rational manner vs. spouting vicious personal attacks to sell books and get camera time are two very different things.

239436[/snapback]

Well, judging by the character of these women, whose husbands were killed by the same terrorists that they know seem to want us to leave alone, I wonder also how deep their love for their husbands must be. I tell you something, if it was my wife, she would on the frontlines herself if they let her. My wife does not get into politics much at all, but when she heard what these women were saying, it even disgusted her that they would do that to their husband's memories.

Sorry, but calling somebody a "witch" instead of a "b*tch" is a world of difference. I despise the "b" word and I think that any man that calls a woman that has zero class and does it to try to make himself feel better about his manhood. A true gentleman does not resort to that kind of thing.

With all that said, Coulter probably should have did a better job with word choice in getting her point across, but I support her overall stance against these women.

Sorry losecrimson, but Ann's right, and you're flat out wrong. The Witches of New Brunswick aren't off limiits for their political views simply because they happened to be married to victims of a national tradgedy. While 98% of the survivors of 9/11 attacks have struggled just as these gals have, none them have seeked the spot light of fame either. If anyone is low life scum, it's how these skirts have dishonored their dead husbands.

Sorry losecrimson, but Ann's right, and you're flat out wrong. The Witches of New Brunswick aren't off limiits for their political views simply because they happened to be married to victims of a national tradgedy. While 98% of the survivors of 9/11 attacks have struggled just as these gals have, none them have seeked the spot light of fame either. If anyone is low life scum, it's how these skirts have dishonored their dead husbands.

239440[/snapback]

Preach on brother. Just the point I was trying to make, you just put it a little better then I could.

239440[/snapback]

Preach on brother. Just the point I was trying to make, you just put it a little better then I could.

239441[/snapback]

Just ordered Godless and Slander from Amazon dot com. Didn't think that buying just one of her books was good enough.

:thumbsup: Ann!

239440[/snapback]

239441[/snapback]

Just ordered Godless and Slander from Amazon dot com. Didn't think that buying just one of her books was good enough.

:thumbsup: Ann!

239442[/snapback]

Her latest book is a great description of her and her fans.

Thanks Tex. There really is a lot more of us than you think. She says what most "REAL" americans think. We are tire of sitting around an watching you and these other so called intelligent liberals say whatever you want, lie, half-truth, or unverifiable and we just have to put up with it. The dems are skunks who will say anything. Most of what Coulter says is the truth moreso than what any dem says.

Rocks....glass houses.

239361[/snapback]

You call me a kool-aid drinker? You didn't even read her article yourself, instead you based your opinion on someone else's interpretation. You were told to be outraged and you didn't disappoint. Nice job, robot.

Do some research.

Congratulations to Ann--her media blitz of vitriol has her book at #1. Nothing like a big controversy to boost book sales.

Fortunately she hasn't let fame affect her innate grace and class, as demonstrated by this comment:

She said the reporters who wrote about the case are "all retarded" and accused Palm Beach officials of having a sexually transmitted disease.

"I think the syphilis has gone to their brains," she said.

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/news/...on/14767816.htm

239387[/snapback]

239436[/snapback]

Well, judging by the character of these women, whose husbands were killed by the same terrorists that they know seem to want us to leave alone, I wonder also how deep their love for their husbands must be. I tell you something, if it was my wife, she would on the frontlines herself if they let her. My wife does not get into politics much at all, but when she heard what these women were saying, it even disgusted her that they would do that to their husband's memories.

Sorry, but calling somebody a "witch" instead of a "b*tch" is a world of difference. I despise the "b" word and I think that any man that calls a woman that has zero class and does it to try to make himself feel better about his manhood. A true gentleman does not resort to that kind of thing.

With all that said, Coulter probably should have did a better job with word choice in getting her point across, but I support her overall stance against these women.

239438[/snapback]

Well, I'm sure the "b" word fails in comparison to what the dead husband's of the "witches" would like to tell to Coulter. 'Nuf said.

Well, I'm sure the "b" word fails in comparison to what the dead husband's of the "witches" would like to tell to Coulter. 'Nuf said.

239531[/snapback]

Coulter is calling the "Jersey Girls" out for their exploitation of their loved ones' deaths - which they were doing for a political end. The Jersey Girls' behavior shows them to be not grieving wives, but agenda driven attention-whores and if you're going to put yourself on display as they chose to do, you have the responsibility to accept any and all criticism of your actions. There is little so grotesque as is someone using a loved one's death to further an agenda. We saw it with the "Jersey Girls" and then Michael Berg and Cindy Sheehan. Coulter is correct in her assessment of the liberals' use of the doctrine of infallibility. Someone uses their own misfortune - in this case the loss of a loved one - to further an agenda and they then expect to be shielded from all criticism for any and all statements they make, no matter how hyberbolic and ridiculous those statements are.

The lefties and the MSM are spinning the story in a way to show that Ann meant ALL 9/11 widows when in fact she pointed out that a small cadre of women (4 of them to be exact) have a left wing, Bush hating agenda to push and are using their tragedy for political gain. In that regard, the Jersey Girls are in the same basket as Cindy Sheehan in my opinion…end of story.

By the way where was all this outrage when Ward Churchill called ALL the 9/11 victims "little Eichmanns"?

Where was the outrage when Murtha convicted our troops of murdering civilians "in cold blood" before the investigations had concluded and before any charges had been filed? How do you think his words made the widows and families of fallen Marines feel?

Where was the outrage when Hanoi John Kerry accused our troops of "going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women?" Did his words not cut the loved ones of these troops like a knife?

No outrage from you guys over Murtha, Kerry and Sheehan. But Ann Coulter has the guts to say that the Jersey Girls are getting a free ride, and you become unhinged. Shame on you and your party's useful idiot traitors!

By the way, in calling Ann Coulter a bitch, you caught your own tail in the trap. You reduced your argument to nothing more than a personal attack. Go hit yourself with a rock.

Another thing-- Did Coulter ever for a second stop and think that these women's children might be watching TV and have to listen to her venomous words?

I can see it now. A kid whose dad died in the 9/11 attacks and will left the rest of her life without a father now gets to hear about how her mother is a witch and that her mom should go pose for Playboy for more airtime. What if somebody openly said that about your mom? They're young kids to... I just hope they don't have to hear Mrs. Coulter's venomous words about their mother.

Another thing-- Did Coulter ever for a second stop and think that these women's children might be watching TV and have to listen to her venomous words?

I can see it now. A kid whose dad died in the 9/11 attacks and will left the rest of her life without a father now gets to hear about how her mother is a witch and that her mom should go pose for Playboy for more airtime. What if somebody openly said that about your mom? They're young kids to... I just hope they don't have to hear Mrs. Coulter's venomous words about their mother.

239551[/snapback]

They should ask their mother, "Mom, why were you on TV and at the DNC politicizing daddy's death?"

If my mother made the same kind of BS political comments these 4 women have made, I'd say she opened herself up for it. I'd be just as upset at mom, if not more, as I would be at the columnist that called her out for it.

Sorry WC, that excuse ain't gonna fly. Like TIS said, these women put themselves out there before Coutler ever said anything about them. They put themselves in a situation to be criticized. They thought because of who they are, they would be exempt from any cricisim if they became politically active. They were wrong! It is sickening, by the things they say, that they would rather their husband's murderers go unpunished. How do you think their kids feel about that? Some of their kids may be too young to really know what is going on, but if any of them are older or when they get older they may not be too happy with that fact themselves.

Her latest book is a great description of her and her fans.

Don't know about her and her religious views. I'm guessing she's a believer, or claims to be. Don't know about her fans, either. Yet there's at least one non beleiver who agrees w/ what she says, even if not exactly how she says it.

:)

Ahh yes, think of the children! Boo freakin' hoo! This is EXACTLY what Ann's comments are about. These woman can say anything and everything, accuse Bush of killing their husbands, and no one is suppose to be able to reply to their comments, because of their grief status? It's much like the Dixie Twits and some Libs in Hollywood who whine about people not buying their tickets or movies as much since they've spoken out against Bush or the war. Guess what? ... it cuts both ways, folks. That's why they call it freedom.

I totally agree that anyone who chooses to enter the political arena is open for criticism on whatever political position they take. Ann Coulter and anyone else is welcome to take issue with these women and challenge them on their political stand. Heck, political dissent and open debate of ideas is essential to our democracy. [unless that debate involves criticism of the President, according to some, apparently. :huh: ]

I just don't see how the state of their marriages before 9/11 or any possible Playboy exposure relates to politics. Like the terms "witches" and "harpies", those are personal attacks without political relevance. Even terms like"idiot" ior "fool" would be better, since they at least would relate to the judgement and decision-making abilities behind political actions.

Put the shoe on the other foot: If Bush were called a "prick" or an "S.O.B.", if the sanctity/solidity of his marriage to Laura were questioned, or if someone suggested he'd be better off posing for Playgirl, would those comments have any relevance to any actual political decisions, or would they just be personal attacks?

[Of course, more than likely someone, some time, has made comments of that nature about Bush, but that doesn't make them right.]

Put the shoe on the other foot: If Bush were called a "prick" or an "S.O.B.", if the sanctity/solidity of his marriage to Laura were questioned, or if someone suggested he'd be better off posing for Playgirl, would those comments have any relevance to any actual political decisions, or would they just be personal attacks?

I've heard Bush called far worse than 'sob' by those on the Left, and more than a few comments about his marriage. Hadn't heard the Playgirl thing though. :rolleyes:

Ann's comments do color outside the lines, imo, but I think there's a method to her madness. The Left routinely does stuff like this - Al Franken's " Rush Limbaugh is a big fat idiot " , for example. Ann is simply responding in like kind, and because she's a woman and who she's directing her attention toward has much to do w/ why she gets so much heat.

Archived