All time team - Offense

BamaGrad03

Same as the defensive one. 11 guys based on college career...

QB - Tommie Frazier - Nebraska

RB - Herschel Walker - UGA

FB - Tom Rathman - Nebraska

TE - Ozzie Newsome - UA

WR - Larry Fitzgerald - Pitt

WR - Anthony Carter - UM

WR - Josh Reed - LSU

OL - Orlando Pace - OSU

OL - John Hannah - UA

OL - Chris Samuels - UA

OL - Will Shields - Nebraska

My backfield...

QB - Doug Flutie - Boston College

RB - Herschel Walker - UGA

RB - Bo Jackson - Auburn

FB - Tom Rathman - Nebraska

I almost had Flutie in my top 5/honorable mention. He put up some asbolutely SICK numbers.

243438[/snapback]

No offense, but NO WAY are there three Bama guys in the top 11 all time.

You can make a case for John Hannah, but Ozzie -- and I liked him -- and Samuels are not close. Samuels especially. There are hundreds better over history.

Chris Samuels was picked like 2nd overall in the draft. And he is considered probably the best OL in the NFL right now. So to say hundreds is a bit of a stretch dont you think?

Ozzie was my pure homer pick. He was good but I could probably have picked a better one.

John Hannah would have been picked if he played for UT, ND, AU...he's thought by many to be the best of all time.

Based on college I would go with:

1) QB= Matt Leinart, Peyton Manning

2) RB= Bo Jackson by a mile( I'm a homer on this one and don't care), Barry Sanders, Reggie Bush,

3) WR= Mike Williams, Braylon Edwards, definitely some Florida receivers from the '90s but I can't think of any names right now.

4) OL= Orlando Pace, Chris Samuels...

5) TE = Jason Whitten, Leonard Pope

6) FB = Heath Evans. I liked him.

Man this is hard! I know I am missing a few lineman and there are definitely many greats from the 60's, 70's, 80's but I was either not born yet or very young during the 80's. The 90's become more distant with every passing year. I mostly remember Florida killing everyone and Auburn being put on probation and how much that set our program back. Auburn was rolling during the eighties and I always wonder what might have been had we not been on probation and continued that dominance.

My #1 pick on the o-line all-time would be Anthony Munoz. He was a beast.

Over his entire college career, Shane Matthews was the best I ever saw. Matt Jones would be my pick if he weren't available.

WR - Jack Jackson was UNSTOPPABLE at UF. So was Chris Carter at OSU.

BTW, when did butkus play at pitt? he played at Illinois, and didn't play FB.

Chris Samuels was picked like 2nd overall in the draft. And he is considered probably the best OL in the NFL right now. So to say hundreds is a bit of a stretch dont you think?

Ozzie was my pure homer pick. He was good but I could probably have picked a better one.

John Hannah would have been picked if he played for UT, ND, AU...he's thought by many to be the best of all time.

243442[/snapback]

Walter Jones is a ten-times better lineman than Samuels.

based solely on their college career....okay, lets see....i am a lot older than most of you so some of these names might be somewhat foreign to you,but these are picks that do not slide on the side of "homerism"

WR- lynn swann

LT- orlando pace

LG- john hannah

C- dave remington

RG-anthony munoz

RT-jim dombrowski

WR-randy moss

TE-keith jackson

QB-peyton manning

RB-bo jackson

RB-herchel walker

PK- kevin butler

My #1 pick on the o-line all-time would be Anthony Munoz. He was a beast.

Over his entire college career, Shane Matthews was the best I ever saw. Matt Jones would be my pick if he weren't available.

WR - Jack Jackson was UNSTOPPABLE at UF. So was Chris Carter at OSU.

BTW, when did butkus play at pitt? he played at Illinois, and didn't play FB.

243451[/snapback]

Sorry...brain fart #2 on that...wrong position and school. I dont know what i was thinking on that.

You are surely entitled to your opinion. :)

TE- Leonard Pope

QB-~~~~~ Flutie I guess

RB-Jim Brown (Syracuse in the middle 50's)

RB-Bo Jackson

FB-Tucker Frederickson :homer:

OL-McNeil

OL-John Hannah

OL-

OL-

WR-Terry Beasley

I dont know many other reciever's besides Auburn's

my picks might be ssome homers but if I had to pick thats really what I would go with.

243457[/snapback]

Not my opinion. The NFL's opinion. They're saying this guy might be the best of all time. I've heard many people describe him as the greatest offensive lineman in NFL history. I know you Bama folks will jettison your drawers when anybody is rated better than Hannah, but that's what I hear.

And he was pretty flipping good at FSU.

243457[/snapback]

Not my opinion. The NFL's opinion. They're saying this guy might be the best of all time. I've heard many people describe him as the greatest offensive lineman in NFL history. I know you Bama folks will jettison your drawers when anybody is rated better than Hannah, but that's what I hear.

And he was pretty flipping good at FSU.

243771[/snapback]

Remember Galen, as has already been pointed ou by bg, you are not intitled to an opinion if you are an AU man. ;)

In the same vein (sp?) as my all-time defense, I'll limit my "expertise" :rolleyes: to the post-1980 era:

QB - John Elway, Stanford

RB - Herschel Walker, UGA

RB - Bo Jackson, Auburn :cheer:

RB - Barry Sanders, Oklahoma St (Sorry, couldn't leave him out.)

WR- Larry Fitzgerald, Pitt

WR - Randy Moss, Marshall :angry:

TE - Kellen Winslow, Jr. Miami

OL - Bill Fralic, Pitt

OL - Anthony Munoz, USC

OL - Orlando Pace, Ohio State

OL - Chris Samuels, Alabama :angry:

C - Dave Rimington, Nebraska

Ath - (Toss up) Reggie Bush, Rocket Ismail

Ouch. Samuels was good in college, but he isn't even close to tops in the NFL. His own coach shoots him down for not living up to expectations.

P.S.-Josh Reed!? :lol:

Archived