A little bulletin board material from

SKCAUB

... the collective arse of the Bama nation.

246421[/snapback]

Now that's a mental image we could all do without, much less with a blister on it. Remember the bride in the bammar wedding thread? {involutary shudder} Oh, the horror! :D

246437[/snapback]

You mean this one? :big:

AlabamaWedding-5.jpg

Sorry man, had to do it!

But here we are in July and "Fear The Thumb" is still rubbing a blister on the collective arse of the Bama nation.

246421[/snapback]

"Fear the thumb" doesn't bother me, but it is funny it's been four years since AU has lost to UA and here we are mid July and there is still two to three threads a day devoted just to Bama, If there is a change on :ua: depth chart I can pretty much find out about right here on AUnation :thumbsup:

246484[/snapback]

Dude...you are welcome here...but we HATE BAMAR...get it? :)

:au::homer:

But here we are in July and "Fear The Thumb" is still rubbing a blister on the collective arse of the Bama nation.

246421[/snapback]

"Fear the thumb" doesn't bother me, but it is funny it's been four years since AU has lost to UA and here we are mid July and there is still two to three threads a day devoted just to Bama, If there is a change on :ua: depth chart I can pretty much find out about right here on AUnation :thumbsup:

246484[/snapback]

So I'm taking it you'll be checking in often then?

I worry about the "Fear the Thumb" inciting the Bama players. I hope it's also on the bulletin board in our locker room to remind our guys of what they're defending. Bama wants this Iron Bowl more than any one in a long time (well, at least four years!).

Fortunately, CTT & CO. seem to have no problem getting our guys focused for the big games--LSU, Georgia, Bama, Tennessee, Va. Tech in recent years. It the less challenging opponents--Ga. Tech, Wisconsin-- where we sometimes have mental lapses. The biggest two games of the coming year are LSU ('cause the way to Atlanta is straight through them) and UAT ('cause they want bragging rights so-o-o badly and I don't want to hear any "Fear the Thumb" razzing for the next year.)

As for Bama threads on WEN...I see plenty of Auburn threads on Bama boards. It's just part of the intense, nationally reknown, rivalry we share. I think it's a good think both ways--helps keep the rivalry great.

quietfan...i think your biggest game this year is WSU...then everybody else :)

CTT has got to get that "non conference/preseason" game out of the way

"I knew I was going to come back," Darby said. "I had unfinished business to take care of when I came back, and one of them was to beat Auburn."

Darby has said what Bama fans try to ignore, AU has the upper hand. Bama fan can say it does not bother them, but the four consecutive wins and AU fans jokes of FEAR THE THUMB, hurts them deeply. Some, not all, Bama fans try to float the idea that Tennessee is their biggest rival. So be it. A rival is someone you want to beat, someone you want to do better than.

rivalry is defined:  The state or condition of competition or antagonism.

The act of competing or emulating.

The state or condition of being a rival.

a competitive or antagonistic state or condition

RIVAL

One who attempts to equal or surpass another, or who pursues the same object as another; a competitor.

One that equals or almost equals another in a particular respect.

It wouldn't bother me in the least if Bama fans never called AUBURN their biggest rival again. It would not bother me if Bama does not equal or surpass AUBURN for the next sixty years.

During the Bear years, Bama won nine games in a row. If AUBURN were to win 9, 10, 11 or 12 in a row that should cement the fact to Bammer fans every where that AUBURN is NOT Bama's biggest rival.

:au::au:

Archived