Duke QB suspended for plagiarism...can return

autigeremt

Duke suspends starting quarterback for season (plagiarism)

July 19, 2006

CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

DURHAM, N.C. -- Duke quarterback Zack Asack was suspended for the season for plagiarism while coach Ted Roof dismissed three other players for breaking team rules, the school said Wednesday.

Wide receiver Deon Adams, safety Andreas Platt and offensive lineman Joe Suder were dismissed from the program, though the school did not specify what rules they violated.

Asack, a sophomore, will be eligible to return to Duke next summer.

"I made a mistake and am remorseful," Asack said. "I take full responsibility for my actions. I wish the team well and look forward to returning next summer. I love it here at Duke."

Asack started six of the last seven games for Duke last season, finishing with a team-high 966 yards passing with five touchdown passes and eight interceptions. Asack was the first freshman to start at quarterback for Duke in 21 years.

"When you are part of a family and make an uncharacteristic mistake, you are not kicked out of the family," Roof said. "Zack will remain part of the Duke football family and will be supported by everyone in our program."

Adams, a rising senior, had 12 catches for 125 yards in 27 career games, while Platt finished with 15 tackles in 11 games as a freshman last season. Suder did not play as a freshman last year.

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

Hey..................what does this say about the mighty Institution of Duke????

Archived