CFN's prediction of BAMA

collijo

The "ONLY" difference? That is laughable. You may want to consider the competition..then..get back to us on this one.

Again, it should be repeated...through 9 games we gave up 20 sacks. In 2 games we gave up 17. The only difference? We lost our center.

251671[/snapback]

The ONLY difference? No. The difference was that you played two good teams.

Had you played Georgia middle of the season, you'd have given up another eight or nine.

Face it, Alabama -- record aside -- wasn't a very good team last year. It was a very FORTUNATE team. Most teams split the games that could have gone either way, few scrape by ALL of them -- Ole Miss, MSU, Tenessee, TTech etc. Most of those close calls were against pretty bad teams that were absolutely manhandled by the better teams in the SEC.

Only winning 7 games with this schedule should be a HUGE disappointment in T-Town. 8 or 9 wins for the Bammers.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Now, if we have a few well placed injuries...we will be in big trouble. But there's not a lot of teams in the nation that could sustain losing 2 starting OL and not really feel something. Especially if one was the center.

Again, it should be repeated...through 9 games we gave up 20 sacks. In 2 games we gave up 17. The only difference? We lost our center.

251671[/snapback]

We started our third string center (at the start of the season) against Alabama.

Some freshmen better grow up in a hurry.

................ :ua: ....... :au:

:om: ....13-10....27-3

:msu: ........17-0......28-0

:usc: ........37-14....48-7

:arky: ....24-13.....34-17

:lsu: were both 3 point losses...

I read this as AU's win differences were:

21+ win over OM

11+ win over MSU

18+ win over USC

6+ win over Ark

Anyone struggling to beat OM IMHO is a team with problems. Their O was sssooo bad that Mazzone was fired before the season was over.

And we all know just HOW bad NM "offenses" could be!

18+ win over USC

Immediate disqualification for playing USC with their backup high school QB AND playing them in AU. :P

251725[/snapback]

OK then we can do the same for your UF victory. Leak was in the early stages of the Urban-Myth offense when he played you guys. So that equates to a HS QB. B)

Auburn= "RB University"

uat= "Excuses"

• 3 months later...
If Alabama loses 5 games ill eat my hat.

251118[/snapback]

@ Florida, @ Tennessee, @ LSU? That's tough! Then ending with Auburn in Tuscaloosa...

251120[/snapback]

We'd have to lose EVERY one of those games AND one other...I just dont see it.

Just wanted to dig up this thread's bones.

Will you please post pictures of the hat-eating ceremony next week?

251118[/snapback]

@ Florida, @ Tennessee, @ LSU? That's tough! Then ending with Auburn in Tuscaloosa...

251120[/snapback]

I hope you enjoy the taste of houndstooth...mmmm, houndstooth.

Okay guys, the Bama loss to Miss State was fun for everyone (well, almost everyone on this board, the folks at UAT probably wouldn't agree), but we can't go counting our chickens quite yet. Bama hasn't lost five, and they haven't lost to us.

Hopefully after next week they will have lost five, and in two weeks they will have lost six, but just wanted to remind everyone it hasn't happened yet...

Thank you, DCWarEagle; that needed to be said! Over-confidence can leave you embarassed! I'll be smug on Nov 19...until then, we need to take 'em one at a time. UAT has played to the level of competition all year (as has AU to some extent), so I'm not betting on them losing to LSU or AU yet. As nice as the outlook is now, imagine if UAT strolls into Baton Rouge and comes out with a double-digit win!!!! UAT has played very well at times and very poor at other times (as has AU to some extent). If UAT hits on all phases of the game, they could be a very good team...if AU hit on all phases, we could be a great team. Let's see what happens!!!!!

I am gonna' go out on a HUGE limb and say uat will give lsWHO all they want and then some on Saturday night.

I am usually wrong when I make predictions. That is why I so seldom make the effort.

251118[/snapback]

251120[/snapback]

May I recommend a white wine with that fedora??? B)

I am gonna' go out on a HUGE limb and say uat will give lsWHO all they want and then some on Saturday night.

I am usually wrong when I make predictions. That is why I so seldom make the effort.

And I will go out on a limb and say bama loses at least one of their last two games and BG will have to eat his hat or crow. That should call for a party. :cheer:

Could we have not waited 2 more weeks to pull this thing up?

I know you guys are superstitious and all, but I will eat two hats if Bama can pull off two more wins. Upsets can happen, and I realize our game isn't 100% in the bag, but statistically the odds of them pulling off not one but two monumental upsets like that are pretty darn slim.

Archived