Interesting

BamaGrad03

Just thought we could get some other football talk going...today's volleys with you all have me a little worn out. :)

Bama released the official 2007 schedule today. Looks pretty good...could be brutal.

Sept. 1      Western Carolina          Bryant-Denny Stadium

Sept. 8      *at Vanderbilt                  Nashville, Tenn.

Sept. 15    *Arkansas                      Bryant-Denny Stadium

Sept. 22    *Georgia                        Bryant-Denny Stadium

Sept. 29    vs. Florida State              Jacksonville, Fla.

Oct. 6      Houston                          Bryant-Denny Stadium

Oct. 13    *at Ole Miss                    Oxford, Miss.

Oct. 20    *Tennessee                    Bryant-Denny Stadium

Nov. 3      *at Mississippi State          Starkville, Miss.

Nov. 10    *LSU                              Bryant-Denny Stadium

Nov. 17    Louisiana-Monroe        Bryant-Denny Stadium

Nov. 24    *at Auburn                      Auburn, Ala.

Thoughts?

I didn't hear that they had settled the FSU game. Weren't the networks arguing over who had the rights to the game? What was the final verdict?

I really look forward to another game/series with FSU. CTB signed a 6 year deal with them back in 1997? They cancelled 4, we cancelled one, they cancelled the 6th.

We have a great rivalry with them adnI want to get back to it.

What are the *s for?

Road slate is a little weak considering only one of those is at a truly hostile environment, Jordan-Hare. The FSU game in Jacksonville should be a good one, and I'm surprised to see Houston on the schedule, if Briles is still there then his multiple formation offense should be interesting for Kines to solve.

Road slate is a little weak considering only one of those is at a truly hostile environment, Jordan-Hare. The FSU game in Jacksonville should be a good one, and I'm surprised to see Houston on the schedule, if Briles is still there then his multiple formation offense should be interesting for Kines to solve.

251555[/snapback]

You're making the presumptious assumption that Kines will still be there.

251555[/snapback]

251557[/snapback]

I don't see Kine's leaving the Capstone anytime soon, unless the bottom falls out and the people in charge decide they need to start all over...again. Give me a reason why Joe Kines would leave after this upcoming season.

didn't hear that they had settled the FSU game. Weren't the networks arguing over who had the rights to the game? What was the final verdict?

Yeah the networks almost caused the game not to happen. I dont remember what the resolution was...thank god TV didnt get in the way of a good football game. Heaven forbid it be about the teams and not tv rights.

Road slate is a little weak considering only one of those is at a truly hostile environment, Jordan-Hare.

Yeah, its seems as though we get an easy road slate followed by a brutal one (see this year)

I don't see Kine's leaving the Capstone anytime soon, unless the bottom falls out and the people in charge decide they need to start all over...again. Give me a reason why Joe Kines would leave after this upcoming season.

He's 912 years old. ;)

didn't hear that they had settled the FSU game. Weren't the networks arguing over who had the rights to the game? What was the final verdict?

Yeah the networks almost caused the game not to happen. I dont remember what the resolution was...thank god TV didnt get in the way of a good football game. Heaven forbid it be about the teams and not tv rights.

Road slate is a little weak considering only one of those is at a truly hostile environment, Jordan-Hare.

Yeah, its seems as though we get an easy road slate followed by a brutal one (see this year)

251559[/snapback]

This year's road schedule is the toughest I can think of for Bama in a while.

is year's road schedule is the toughest I can think of for Bama in a while.

Its been rotating like that for a while...Kinda sucks really.

at Oklahoma

at Arkansas

at Tennessee

at LSU

at Hawaii (10 game winner that year)

2007 will be

at Arkansas

at UGA

at Tennessee

at LSU

251555[/snapback]

251557[/snapback]

251558[/snapback]

I heard he was playing Skeletor in the new He Man movie.

I heard he was playing Skeletor in the new He Man movie.

Nah...i heard they wanted a skeletor whos bones werent already turning to dust :P

September will tell the tale of Bama's season next year w/ Arky, UGA, and FSU back-to-back. I also see that Ole Mal and the rest of the "nation" got their wish w/ the week off before the Iron Bowl. :rolleyes: Hopefully, the Iron Bowl will stay on Saturday.

This year's road schedule is the toughest I can think of for Bama in a while.

251561[/snapback]

It has to be...check out their home schedule this year. Their season ticket holders ought to be pissed! :thumbsdown:

2007 will be

at Arkansas

at UGA

251564[/snapback]

Are you playing them twice each? Or can we get a solid location :poke:

2007 will be

at Arkansas

at UGA

251564[/snapback]

Are you playing them twice each? Or can we get a solid location :poke:

251592[/snapback]

We play both :uga: and :arky: in Tuscaloosa in 07.

Sorry i meant 08

251609[/snapback]

Just having a little fun with ya BG, lord knows if someone pointed out my typo's or spelling well lets just say they would not have free time on his/her hands.

i don't know about calling that a brutal schedule... it's an sec schedule; so it's hard. but brutal? not really. you get every tough sec game, with the exception of the 6th straight loss to auburn, at home. are there tough games? of course! you do get two of the big four in the east, but it seems like south carolina's improvement make that almost impossible to dodge if you keep uga (like auburn) or ut (like bama). 2007 schedule sets up about as nice for bama as it possibly could.

2 gimmes to start off, first real sec test at home, two tough games, two easy games then a tough game/easy game rotation to close the rest of the year with the bye before the iron bowl.

i think AUBURN's 2007 schedule will be fairly brutal: on the road for lsu, florida, uga, and arkansas. we add west virginia that year (is that on the road?). add in the iron bowl and that's a rough go.

i don't know about calling that a brutal schedule... it's an sec schedule; so it's hard. but brutal? not really. you get every tough sec game, with the exception of the 6th straight loss to auburn, at home. are there tough games? of course! you do get two of the big four in the east, but it seems like south carolina's improvement make that almost impossible to dodge if you keep uga (like auburn) or ut (like bama). 2007 schedule sets up about as nice for bama as it possibly could.

2 gimmes to start off, first real sec test at home, two tough games, two easy games then a tough game/easy game rotation to close the rest of the year with the bye before the iron bowl.

i think AUBURN's 2007 schedule will be fairly brutal: on the road for lsu, florida, uga, and arkansas. we add west virginia that year (is that on the road?). add in the iron bowl and that's a rough go.

251696[/snapback]

Picking up UGA and adding the FSU game could potentially be really rough. I know the game is in jacksonville...but i got a feeling it will be an FSU home game.

I know the game is in jacksonville...but i got a feeling it will be an FSU home game.

251704[/snapback]

:blink: And why in the world would anyone call that a "neutral" site?? Thats like Georgia playing an OOC in Atlanta and calling it neutral.

I know the game is in jacksonville...but i got a feeling it will be an FSU home game.

251704[/snapback]

:blink: And why in the world would anyone call that a "neutral" site?? Thats like Georgia playing an OOC in Atlanta and calling it neutral.

251707[/snapback]

A truly neutral site for that game would be Auburn! :P

251704[/snapback]

251707[/snapback]

Or :ua: playing any game at Legion field and calling it neutral.

:huh:

:blink:   And why in the world would anyone call that a "neutral" site??  Thats like Georgia playing an OOC in Atlanta and calling it neutral.

251707[/snapback]

Isn't it 50/50 ticket wise? Can't get more neutral then that....

Archived