The NCAA is a Joke

Proud Tiger

USC WR has been declared elgible after all according to SI.com.

You may recall that Jarrett was Leinart's roommate in the deal where they weren't paying the full value of rent on an apartment. The NCAA originally declared him inelgible but now reverses themselves. Surprise!!

USC WR has been declared elgible after all according to SI.com.

You may recall that Jarrett was Leinart's roommate in the deal where they weren't paying the full value of rent on an apartment. The NCAA originally declared him inelgible but now reverses themselves. Surprise!!

This isn't as bad as the whole Bush family living in an agent's house. Has this case been closed?

This isn't as bad as the whole Bush family living in an agent's house. Has this case been closed?

I doubt it will ever be "closed." After all Bush is also a USC darling.

I just didnt see this as a problem. Your roomate is rich and you get to live with him for cheap. Why is that bad?

I mean, if thats the case, the NCAA could go after everybody who lives in a decent apartment...or if i am friends with a player and buy him lunch or something.

Just seems like the NCAA is getting out of hand with their iron fist.

I just didnt see this as a problem. Your roomate is rich and you get to live with him for cheap. Why is that bad?

I see it as being an area that would be easy to manipulate and easliy abused.

or if i am friends with a player and buy him lunch or something.

That's actually against the rules, even a 99cent value meal from BK.

He's a bammer....Nothing is against the rules for them. :big:

I mean, if thats the case, the NCAA could go after everybody who lives in a decent apartment...or if i am friends with a player and buy him lunch or something.

Just seems like the NCAA is getting out of hand with their iron fist.

If I remember correctly, this guy basically didn't have to spend $18,000 because of Lienart's dad :blink: Now I can see a couple of bucks going either way... but this much!?! Thats way overboard.

Auburn went on Probation in the seventies over dinner and movie ticket. This is a very big deal, otherwise, you could just move a player into a home/apt of a kid at school and let them room for free. The NCAA let them pass because :sc: brings too much money into the NCAA coffers with the tv deal.

The bottom line is the bottom line.

Auburn went on Probation in the seventies over dinner and movie ticket. This is a very big deal, otherwise, you could just move a player into a home/apt of a kid at school and let them room for free. The NCAA let them pass because :sc: brings too much money into the NCAA coffers with the tv deal.

The bottom line is the bottom line.

You are so right Carl.......er I mean David :)

"I just didnt see this as a problem. Your roomate is rich and you get to live with him for cheap. Why is that bad?"

Well let's see what would happen if this was Auburn. In the off season, former AU QB Jeff Burger accepted a ride in his roomate's dad's Cessna to a hunting trip w/ the 3 of them. The NCAA went nuts and publicly made statements that this single incident showed AU's program was "out of control" (a popular phrase w/ them, post-SMU) until Dye stepped in and said "I'll sit him down in the first game". After the first game's first play, when our backup QB bobbled the ball (a little known backup named something like Reggie Slack I think) Dye sent Burger in. Word was the NCAA got so steamed, this incident began the Dye vs. NCAA feud.

Archived