The Harmon Forecast

DKW 86

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am pulling like hades for the piggies but it's a tall order for them to fill!

BG koolaid aside, what do you really see in bamas game against Hawaii?

UT will beat Cal by 10. Write it down.

I would be very surprised if the Vols were to win that game. If they do beat them handily as you suggest, they'll be a major contender in the SEC race this year.

I dont think UT will be that good. I just think Cal is VASTLY overrated.

Last year, Cal went 8-4 with a strength of schedule of 89.

The only team they beat that DIDNT have a losing record was 6-6 BYU.

Cal might beat UT but Bama is not that bad a team and I think they handle the Rainbows. Bama to me is kind of like a cousin you really hate but if they are going against a stranger I will fifht for them. Besides it is more fun to slap they around when they are riding high.

screw that, go rainbow warriors! and bama is no cousin of mine.

:cheers:

I think it is a very real possibility that they fall to the warriors. If they do watch for the wheels to come off the wagon really fast.

Cal might beat UT but Bama is not that bad a team and I think they handle the Rainbows. Bama to me is kind of like a cousin you really hate but if they are going against a stranger I will fifht for them. Besides it is more fun to slap they around when they are riding high.

Hey I have a cousin like that...but it sure isn't The Turd. :no: They SHOULD pull this one out though.

That pretty much defines Shula's career at UA.

Seriously. Bama vs. Hawaii? UA is a prohibitive favorite. If I were betting, I would be putting money on HI and not just because I would chuckle at a bama loss.

Tell me why I shouldn't put money on the 'Bows.

Since Bama's the favorite. Tell me why you should.

Bama was 10-2 last year

Hawaii was 4-7 in a crappy league.

You hate alabama isnt a good reason to bet against them.

UT will beat Cal by 10. Write it down.

I would be very surprised if the Vols were to win that game. If they do beat them handily as you suggest, they'll be a major contender in the SEC race this year.

This is how I see UTs season going. IF they come out of the gate stomping...they will be tough for everyone. It will all hinge on the QB play, iMO, which Cutcliffe should be able to help with. UT beats Cal

I think it's close early between Bama and Hawaii as JPW gets settled and the new guys on defense deal with a pretty good offense. Maybe tied at half. Bama wins by 10 or so.

I think Auburn handles Washington State by at least 17.

Bama was 10-2 last year

Alabama's like a 15-point favorite. Hawaii is a team with an explosive offensive rep coming in against a team loaded with defensive question marks.

If you'll be honest with yourself just for one single minute, you'll realize that 10-2 is an utter farce. The 05 team was not as good as the 04 team despite the disparity in records. The '05 team was simply more fortunate. The breaks that the 04 team didn't get, the 05 team did. Last year's Alabama team is the only one I've ever seen where every single break that could possibly have fallen their way did. Even in the Auburn game. If JPW throws that duck toward the end zone 20 times, it's intercepted five, batted down 14 and caught once. It was caught. Prothro could live to be a healthy 480 years old and play every down of every season until his death and he wouldn't make another catch like the one against USM again. Play Tennessee 15 times and the guy fumbles going over the goal line once. Play Ole Miss a dozen times and they don't blow a scoring opportunity with two straight delay penalties. Let Christensen kick that same kick against TT 1000 times and that fluttering butterfly skims over the post once. The record said 10-2, but if you could be somewhat objective for ten seconds, you have to realize that was a 6 or 7 win team.

So you have a Bama team with glaring questions on the OLine, an unknown defense, a green QB, a poor offensive coaching staff and some signifcant leadership issues (ice cream and a mohawk anyone?). Tell me why I should think that team will beat a 15-point spread against a team of reasonable talent that will throw every offensive weapon at its disposal into the mix? And a team that's run all over Bama's defense twice in the past. Also, I don't care how good you think JPW is going to be, he'll be thrown into the opener -- particularly if Hawaii gets on the board early as I suspect they will -- with the weight of winning squarely (and unfairly) on his shoulders. As good as Brandon Cox turned out to be last season, he jittered it up in the opener. He did some good things, but he also made some glaring mistakes. The only thing Sarah Jessica has that Brandon didn't is an established running game. But don't you think the 'Bows know that? They will stack up to stop Darby and make Parker Posey throw to win. Wouldn't you?

I'm just asking. It has nothing to do with "hating Bama". If WSU is getting 17 against Auburn like I saw earlier, my inclination would be to put my money with the Cougars. Why? AU has depth issues at LB, has a recent history of struggling in openers, is very green at receiver and will be implementing a new defensive scheme which will require some adjustment.

Bama was 10-2 last year

Cmon bg.... How many of those wins were due to that stout defense of yours?? How many LBs do you return?

Actually, how many defensive starters do you return? 4?

I think Bama wins by 7... but the last TD will be scored in the 4th quarter.

Bama was 10-2 last year

Alabama's like a 15-point favorite. Hawaii is a team with an explosive offensive rep coming in against a team loaded with defensive question marks.

If you'll be honest with yourself just for one single minute, you'll realize that 10-2 is an utter farce. The 05 team was not as good as the 04 team despite the disparity in records. The '05 team was simply more fortunate. The breaks that the 04 team didn't get, the 05 team did. Last year's Alabama team is the only one I've ever seen where every single break that could possibly have fallen their way did. Even in the Auburn game. If JPW throws that duck toward the end zone 20 times, it's intercepted five, batted down 14 and caught once. It was caught. Prothro could live to be a healthy 480 years old and play every down of every season until his death and he wouldn't make another catch like the one against USM again. Play Tennessee 15 times and the guy fumbles going over the goal line once. Play Ole Miss a dozen times and they don't blow a scoring opportunity with two straight delay penalties. Let Christensen kick that same kick against TT 1000 times and that fluttering butterfly skims over the post once. The record said 10-2, but if you could be somewhat objective for ten seconds, you have to realize that was a 6 or 7 win team.

So you have a Bama team with glaring questions on the OLine, an unknown defense, a green QB, a poor offensive coaching staff and some signifcant leadership issues (ice cream and a mohawk anyone?). Tell me why I should think that team will beat a 15-point spread against a team of reasonable talent that will throw every offensive weapon at its disposal into the mix? And a team that's run all over Bama's defense twice.

I'm just asking. It has nothing to do with "hating Bama". If WSU is getting 17 against Auburn like I saw earlier, my inclination would be to put my money with the Cougars. Why? AU has depth issues at LB, has a recent history of struggling in openers, is very green at receiver and will be implementing a new defensive scheme which will require some adjustment.

Didn't see this posted... my points exactly.

And its not because I "hate" bama. Its the fact that most bama fans aren't putting their 10 win season in perspective here.

:thumbsup: on that research bg. I did not know that. Cal is overrated...

The record said 10-2, but if you could be somewhat objective for ten seconds, you have to realize that was a 6 or 7 win team.

Yeah, and auburn was a 5 win team...come on just be objective. If you dont admit it, you're just being a homer...whatever.

Tyrone also had a FREAK injury that cost him the rest of the season. Had that bad luck not happened, he could have helped us win more games. Had our very talented center not broken his leg, the LSU game wouldnt have been close. Had we not hit the game winner against TT, we very well could have won it in OT.

In 04 you guys kept saying that winning teams...good teams...make their own luck. When we do it in 05, we are just lucky. So i say you are being a typical aunationer and having a double standard.

AU is giving up 11 on WSU and will cover all day long.

Will Alabama cover 15 against Hawaii? I dont know. Probably not. But the way you are talking, it sounds like bama should be happy to even get to play hawaii. And that they will probably lose by 10 or 20 points because we have "questions" on defense. We dont have as many questions as youd like to think.

Outside of strong safety, our secondary will be deeper and better than last year. Outside of MLB our LB corps is proven and capable. Our Dline is very solid and very senior.

Offensively we have the best group of WR, RB, and FB we've had in 10 years. Our Oline will be 100x better than it was in Auburn.

Now, Hawaii lost to La Tech by 32 points last year, 10 to Nevada, 14 to Fresno State, 28 to an average michigan st team.

Hawaii runs a 3-4 defense where ALL the projected LB starters are Sophomores and only one has real game experience. One has no exp, one has 7 career tackles, the other 9. Their entire starting defense has fewer sacks than wallace gilberry logged his freshman year. 3 of their 4 starting DBs have NO game experience...Well 2 are juco transfers and one has 5 whole tackles. Their special teams were among the worst in the nation.

Hawaii will put up points. But bama will put up at least 30. I dont see Hawaii scoring more than 17 points MAX.

Archived