Tuberville showing his power

DKW 86

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/pf....xml&coll=3

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Tommy Tuberville has a degree in physical education from Southern Arkansas. Yet, from his actions of late, one might have thought he had a doctorate from Harvard in political science or world history.

Not only has Tuberville been on an incredible winning streak on the field since Jetgate -- reeling off wins in 24 of the last 27 games -- he also methodically plowed through administrators and enemies with virtuosity and shrewd political acumen and has changed the dynamics of the power structure at Auburn in ways few thought imaginable. Perhaps, for this fleeting moment, Tuberville might be the most powerful Auburn football coach in modern time.

Whether he'll insist on being called King Tommy in the future remains to be seen. (WTH? When has CTT DEMANDED to be called anything? :headscratch: ) But he's unassailable enough to be called whatever he chooses. Ed Richardson, the school's interim president, may not shake when Tuberville walks by him on campus, but Richardson's actions in recent time -- from giving him nearly a lifetime contract to the recent Good Housekeeping seal in the academic scandal -- seem to indicate the president wants no problems with Auburn's newest royal family member.

And who could blame him?

Richardson is close to the end of the line. (Rumors are he will be named the regular President, PF doesnt have a clue here. :no: )His fat retirement package is so near he can taste it. So why take on the popular Tuberville now? Richardson's own doctorate may be in education but he clearly took a few history courses. William Walker was president and David Housel was the athletics director when they made that ill-fated plane trip to Louisville in 2003. They were both swept away in the Tubervillian crackdown.

Pat Dye was an unindicted co-conspirator in Jetgate. He didn't sit through a single football game last year, partly due to illness and partly due to the fact he doesn't really feel welcome around Tuberville's program any longer. He was present prior to last year's Iron Bowl for the official dedication of the field in his honor. After the ceremony, Dye left and watched the game on television from his home. (ONLY DUE TO ILLNESS! PF knows that. Trying to create :bs: problems where none exist.)

Tuberville had two choices after the coup attempt. He could go the United Nations diplomatic route of accepting apologies and mending fences. Or he could take names and kick enemies to the curve.

The best example is the recent academic conflagration. From the beginning, it seemed the university response was clearly designed to safeguard Tuberville and the athletic department. Some of the reaction was purely common sense. (The problems were fixed over a year ago. The only thing that got ANY press was the small Football link.)

Why give the NCAA bloodhounds a morsel to sink their teeth into? Mission accomplished. (If you know our history with the REs, that is exactly what we needed to do.)

The next move by Richardson was to replace the sociology department head, in essence making him the fall guy. Richardson also cunningly and somewhat disingenuously attacked the New York Times, (Who hasnt these days, from Jayson Blair to numerous other fraud stories?) nobody's favorite newspaper in Lee County, which is tantamount to throwing red meat to a bunch of yelping junkyard dogs.

Was the Richardson edict last week a whitewash? (Like PF denying that the NYT has numerous and well known credibility problems isnt a whitewash?)

It was what most people expected when the university began to look into itself. One can almost imagine the chuckles Tuberville and others got while blame was being placed everywhere but the athletic department. (There was no blame to be placed on the atletic dept. :headscratch: ) Does anyone with a working brain believe that someone inside that department didn't steer football players to these courses? Sure, and I've got some beachfront property in Beirut I'd like to sell you. (PF, it is obvious you dont have contact one on the Plains. You are just totally lost in everthing in this column.)

But these days, it doesn't seem to matter. Teflon Tubby continues to flex his political capital and muscle. Get in his way and you'll likely get run over. (Hhhhmmm, sounds a lot like Bear Bryant WAY back when...)Auburn fans don't seem to mind for myriad reasons. Tuberville is winning -- and dominating Alabama -- and that lethal combination has made him a force to deal with on the Plains. (ONLY thing you got right in the whole article PF....)

how many times has this hack mentioned the "coup attempt", in his articles.

This is tabloid style journalism at the most. Basically worthless lip service

to try and get a rise out of anybody. Pf has to whitewash (his latest favorite term)

his articles and radio show constantly.

He has been all over this since day one but has yet to question the nasty DJ Hall situation.

If this had been an :au: player it would be a daily feature on his show.

Real stories seemed to get swept under the rug by Slimeball Radio Network.

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/pf....xml&coll=3

Tuberville had two choices after the coup attempt. He could go the United Nations diplomatic route of accepting apologies and mending fences. Or he could take names and kick enemies to the curve.

Paul needs to work on the lingo a bit if he wants to continue keeping it real.

David, if our student-athlete's aren't steered towards these classes behind closed doors (like other schools), explain this to me:

http://www.auburn.edu/student_info/student...n-schedule.html

How come athletes get first dibs?

Because of their ridiculously busy schedules. Are you kiding me that you took time to ask this question? Are you joking? Surely you must be joking. No normal intelligent person would think that this insinuates anything.

You got me! Good one.

:roflol:

I quit listening to Scumbum. He makes no sense, always just trying to get a rise out of the fans, and rarely reports facts. Just his own opinion. I wish no one would listen to the idiot and he would go away!! <_<:lol::lol:

David, if our student-athlete's aren't steered towards these classes behind closed doors (like other schools), explain this to me:

http://www.auburn.edu/student_info/student...n-schedule.html

How come athletes get first dibs?

Because of their ridiculously busy schedules. Are you kiding me that you took time to ask this question? Are you joking? Surely you must be joking. No normal intelligent person would think that this insinuates anything.

You got me! Good one.

:roflol:

I'm just saying the door is open for athletes to take any course under any professor they need. No restrictions. It's a good thing, yes.

Wryn, that's lame. Just as "One" stated, our student athletes have far more demands on their time than the average student. Sorry, but it's the truth. They should be given some special consideration.

I have kicked a couple of deserving women to the "curb" in the past. But never to the "curve?"

Wryn, that's lame. Just as "One" stated, our student athletes have far more demands on their time than the average student. Sorry, but it's the truth. They should be given some special consideration.

You know, in hindsight, you're right. My apologies.

Finebaum is an idiot as is a good portion of the media. All they care about is ratings and number shares which equals job security. Controversy and getting people riled up equals good ratings (Take Howard Stern he has as many people listening to him that hate him (to see what he does next) as he does people who love him).

Take it for what it is crap and dispose of it in the same way!

WDE

First dibs makes perfect sense for the athlete, because they have to work their class schedule around practice. I got to do it when I played college athletics. Wouldn't it suck if Cox couldn't play this fall because he wasn't making progress toward his degree because X class was full by the time his classification registered and the only other offering was right smack in the middle of practice.

Disability students get first dibs also, so they work their class schedule around their needs (imagine a ADHD student trying to take 3 classes in a row and a lab without a break).

Are athletes informed on which classes are crip classes to take for free electives and which instructors are the most difficult and the easiest for classes they are taken. Yes they are.

And if your a regular student and have a good advisor that talks and listens to their students guess what, they are going to give you the exact same information that the athletes get in regards to classes and instructors.

I can just hear Tubs after he reads this (not that I think he will): "Huh? I did/do all that?

I had no idea. Gee, I'll have to start checking myself--I didn't know that I was so Machiavellian!"

If ever the quote applied, this is it: "We don't see things as they are--we see things as WE are". (Emphasis added.) Finescum is projecting HIS warps onto CTT.

I quit listening to Scumbum. He makes no sense, always just trying to get a rise out of the fans, and rarely reports facts. Just his own opinion. I wish no one would listen to the idiot and he would go away!! <_<:lol::lol:

finally,some are seeing the light......cut the prick off and listen to sportscall

Archived