SNAKES ON A PLANE!

AUfan88

Has anyone else seen Snakes on a Plane yet. I saw it last night and it was probably the best time I have ever had in a movie theater. It probably helped that the group I was in nearly took up two rows of seats in the theater.

I saw the video yesterday. Haven't seen the movie. You know there's a cure for that, dropping the temperature in the cabin to about 40 degrees. I guess we'll have to go see, just for the dreams, huh?

I am one of those that watch movies to escape reality and can care less about realism in a movie, unless the movie is based on an actual person or events. I am real picky about movies made about the military. The action in a miltary movie can be as "out there" as much as it wants to be, but just at least get the basics correct, like SOP, uniforms, etc.

When it comes to action movies, I can't stand a person who sees something and criticizes it and says "that can't really happen". Who cares if it can't? I don't go to see an action movie for its reality. I can get enough of that on the news and in my own life. But, I do draw the line on cheesy special effects. By what I have seen of the clips of Snakes On A Plane, the snakes look a little "cartoonish". I have seen CGI effects look more real. That is one of the reasons I was disappointed in The Hulk, he looked to cartoonish also. Maybe they clips they show are not a good representation of the realistic looks of the snakes and it is actually better then what I am seeing.

However, I probably will not see it because the one and only phobia I have is with snakes. Can't stand to watch them on TV for even a minute, much less watch them biting people during an entire movie. :no:

That's my whole point, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously, it was meant to entertain. I went in not taking it seriously and had a great time. The theater was packed, and everyone was having a good time and laughing(there was only one time in the film that really scared everybody in the theater). As for being afraid of snakes, I am terrified of snakes in real life, but the movie really didn't bother me. And yeah, the CGI wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible. So, if you actually have a sense of humor, I would suggest getting a group of friends together, and seeing the movie.

That's my whole point, it wasn't meant to be taken seriously, it was meant to entertain. I went in not taking it seriously and had a great time. The theater was packed, and everyone was having a good time and laughing(there was only one time in the film that really scared everybody in the theater). As for being afraid of snakes, I am terrified of snakes in real life, but the movie really didn't bother me. And yeah, the CGI wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible. So, if you actually have a sense of humor, I would suggest getting a group of friends together, and seeing the movie.

Just ask my friend AUChizad, he is about as loopy as you are about his movie! :P

Just ask my friend AUChizad, he is about as loopy as you are about his movie! :P

I agree with everything AUFan88 said. I saw the Thursday night sneak preview and it was spectacular.

AWK punked out and wouldn't go. I tried telling him he was going to miss out on the cinematic event of the century, and I still stand by that assessment.

I'm telling you, you'll be missing out on the experience if you don't see it in theaters. It wouldn't be nearly as good if you were just watching it by yourself or with a few people.

You don't actually have to board a plane to have close contact with a dangerous snake. My daughter spotted a 47 in. timber rattler in our driveway Friday night. Hell, most of the excitement without being searched first or paying for a plane or movie ticket! A great deal!

Archived