PRE GAME JITTERS

It has already started. I had trouble sleeping last night. Normally if I am going to the game I will have trouble sleeping the night before the game, last night it started. I had to take sleeping pills to sleep, only slept 4 hours then wide awake. Anyone else????

Yeah I did it to myself. Saturday I went to an autograph signing where coach Dye was. That kind of got me started a little early. Several years ago I walked on at AU. I am ready. Already have my gameday plan in place.

Have some fun for me. I'll be in Mobile, AL watching it with the family. It gets kinds loud here during the game.

Good luck. Satruday will be one of the few tomes most of my family will be at the game at the same time. Doesn't happen often.

Are you a player? :poke:

Good God man, relax. It is a football game, not life. Trust me, DKW and I could tell you that there alot more better things to lose sleep over then a football game. Even if it is :au: . I get excited just as much as anybody when I am watching the game, but I don't get that worked up before the game. :lol:

I get physically sick before the game. And no, it's not the crown and ginger - I just don't feel well until we have scored at least twice. Thankfully at the Alabama game that didn't take very long. Hope that happens again!

Beat me to it Ranger. We don't play, we drink and drink and drink and drink and cheer. Sounds like fun to me. Nothing to get jitters over! Our guys should be well prepared so let's go enjoy ourselves. War Eagle!

I have faith in this Staff and Coach Tuberville. Our guys will be READY. Will we win? Who knows?

I will be there to do my part...all that I CAN do...Scream out my lungs for The Auburn Tigers!

Only a few days remain......Then again, It will be over in a hurry and it will be Chrtistmas before you know it....Relax and ENJOY ! ! !

EVER to Conquer...O N E at a time.

Good God man, relax. It is a football game, not life. Trust me, DKW and I could tell you that there alot more better things to lose sleep over then a football game. Even if it is :au: . I get excited just as much as anybody when I am watching the game, but I don't get that worked up before the game. :lol:

I don't have the military background that you have so I have never been through any kind of boot camp but walking on at AU was the most physically demanding thing I have ever done. The workouts were so hard I would throw up every day when finished. Am I a player now? no. Am I still passionate about AU football? Yes, just as passionate as when I walked on several years ago.

It has already started. I had trouble sleeping last night. Normally if I am going to the game I will have trouble sleeping the night before the game, last night it started. I had to take sleeping pills to sleep, only slept 4 hours then wide awake. Anyone else????

There is a song "Count Your Blessings Name Them One By One" ... refocusing on blessings with a thankful heart is something that should help you sleep. This tends to take your mind off of worries and set them on benefits we have. I hope this helps.

WAR EAGLE!

I don't have the military background that you have so I have never been through any kind of boot camp but walking on at AU was the most physically demanding thing I have ever done. The workouts were so hard I would throw up every day when finished. Am I a player now? no. Am I still passionate about AU football? Yes, just as passionate as when I walked on several years ago.

So did you make it as a walk on? If you did, what position? You need to let the admins know who you are bro if you were a former player, even if you did not get to play any. I use to be like you, when I was younger when it came to football. But while in the Army, I saw things that gave me a different perspective of things that are really less important to get all worked up about. To be honest, it would be kind of nice to have what you are experiencing back, but just a little bit, I don't want to be losing any sleep, I already do that enough. :lol:

As far as workouts go, I went through some tough workouts as a three sport athlete in high school and baseball in college. However, even though I thought I was in great shape as an athlete, the Army quickly let me know that I was not in good enough shape for them in boot camp. Then I thought I was in perfect shape after that, then came airborne and air assault school. So, I thought I could be in no better shape, then came RIP and Ranger school. Then I knew for sure that there was no higher level of physical stamina for me to attain and I was right. ;)

Dude, you don't get worked up? <_< Sometimes I think you have a.d.h.d

You need to read better goober. I said I don't get worked up before the games anymore. I never said anything about during the games. :lol: I also never said anything about things outside of football. I do get excited about things I enjoy, you know I do that. I just don't put certain things on such a high podium anymore.

You see, I got all the ADD genes from mom and dad, that is why you are more laid back then me. I don't know what the heck sis got after you and I were born, but it wasn't good, I can tell you that.

You need to read better goober. I said I don't get worked up before the games anymore. I never said anything about during the games. :lol: I also never said anything about things outside of football. I do get excited about things I enjoy, you know I do that. I just don't put certain things on such a high podium anymore.

You see, I got all the ADD genes from mom and dad, that is why you are more laid back then me. I don't know what the heck sis got after you and I were born, but it wasn't good, I can tell you that.

lol

lol

Wait, You guys are brothers? Ranger, Are you hiding something?

lol

Wait, You guys are brothers? Ranger, Are you hiding something?

Yes, unfortunately he is my younger brother, approaching 30, and he likes to push my buttons, as you can tell. His screename is typical of him because he has worn #34 in football and baseball since he was a wee little tyke and even had a dog named Bojack at one time.

Well, that definitely explains the exchange on the woman thread...

As a fan who has zero impact on the outcome, I don't think I've ever been truly nervous before a football game, at least to the point of it disrupting sleep and such. During a game, especially if I'm watching on TV, I'll definitely get fidgety if things are tight.

So did you make it as a walk on? If you did, what position? You need to let the admins know who you are bro if you were a former player, even if you did not get to play any. I use to be like you, when I was younger when it came to football. But while in the Army, I saw things that gave me a different perspective of things that are really less important to get all worked up about. To be honest, it would be kind of nice to have what you are experiencing back, but just a little bit, I don't want to be losing any sleep, I already do that enough. :lol:

As far as workouts go, I went through some tough workouts as a three sport athlete in high school and baseball in college. However, even though I thought I was in great shape as an athlete, the Army quickly let me know that I was not in good enough shape for them in boot camp. Then I thought I was in perfect shape after that, then came airborne and air assault school. So, I thought I could be in no better shape, then came RIP and Ranger school. Then I knew for sure that there was no higher level of physical stamina for me to attain and I was right. ;)

I ran out of money before I saw any playing time. I decided not to get into tremendous debt and elected not to get student loans. The strength coach tried to talk me out of moving home, he said I may never get to play but I worked as hard as anyone on the team. I returned home and went to work in a local foundry which I had worked at prior to going to AU. They paid for my college tuition as long as I made at least a C or better. So I worked as an hourly man and was a student as well. When I was close to graduating I was promoted into management. The foundry has been here since 1912. Currently one man has worked here for almost his entire college career and graduated. That is me. I learned early on that without a college degree my options were limited, and refused to quit, get married, or knock some girl up before I got my degree.

Archived