1st Quarter Thoughts- MSU vs. USC

280TIGER

Thoughts so far:

1. MSU is playing with alot of intensity, the Defense is hitting hard.

2. Erin Andrews is so HOTT!!!

3. Smelley had better be a quick learner, or USC is in for a long night

4. The off-season was way too long, because I am pumped watching this game!

5. MSU may give us a better game that South Carolina.

6. Erin Andrews is so HOTT!!

Here's my thoughts, when playing MSU, stack the line and make them pass. So far they seem to not be able to pass. Their QB losing his mind when he has someone in his face. MSU's safties seem to be a little green.

USC's O-line looks weak. Attack every play, defind for the quick timing passes.

Typical Spurier, when team is not that good got to go to tricks to win. Both teams not looking good. Also nothing wrong with the tricks just win and get to practice and fix probloms.

Damn. I wouldn't want to be the defensive back who blew the coverage on that USC touchdown pass. Classic Spurrier smoke and mirrors play.

The receiver was the up back so it should have been one of the LBs covering him. Regardless, that play is exactly why I like watching Spurrier's teams. Who else is going to call that kind of play in the first game of the season? :thumbsup:

Spurrier effect is finally showing to be what it really is....coming along slower then many think

Could USC beat UGA? Of course...very possible. But will USC win the East? Not even close. In fact, I stand by USC winning 1 of 3 against UT, UF, and UGA.

No OL, No #2 WR

Spurrier effect is finally showing to be what it really is....coming along slower then many think

Could USC beat UGA? Of course...very possible. But will USC win the East? Not even close. In fact, I stand by USC winning 1 of 3 against UT, UF, and UGA.

No OL, No #2 WR

Oh, I don't know about that. Nobody looks sharp in their first game of the season. Witness our pantswetting last year against Georgia Tech.

:usc: finally found a running game with Boyd.

Tyrone Nix has :usc: D playing very well. No giveaway big plays. very good run stuffing.

:msu: Once Henig went down the O slowly turned almost lifeless. Rutland did a great job of bombing the grass with balls. They have a good D, but they have to have help from the O and soon.

15-0 and the :usc: are off and running. :uga: in Columbia up next.

Poor ole :msu: gets :au: at home next Saturday. It is not improbable that :msu: goes 0-2 shutouts next Saturday.

Either they have really good defenses or really bad offenses. None of the quarterbacks impressed me. The offensive linemen for both teams just weren't good. Georgia will take care of USC next week...

Well, we will see. An opening game @ night, on the road, in Starkville, on Thursday... :usc: may get better very fast now that Boyd knows he can run the ball. The D for :usc: looked pretty good. :usc: only touchdown coming on a trick play basically tells me that they really dont have a very talented O.

oh, and yeah....Erin Andrews is so HOTT!!!

I just love this time of year, don't you? The time when all the spin and hype is exposed as nothing more than the fantasy of a team's fanbase. Michigan and Notre Dame start slipping. Iowa does its annual El Foldo. And by the fourth game, we all know who's for real and who's not.

It was a sloppy game and had the offensive power of a girl scout troup in a pillow fight. I knew the under at 40 was a good move. Everyone can now jump off Steve Spurriers :usc: .

Both teams were a bit rusty. Overall the D outplayed the O. But both O's lost at least some services of their 1st string QB on opening night. USC will build upon the victory and MSU will did deep to win their next game to even the W/L sheet. I liked the MSU running back, and the QB appears to have promise with experience.

It was not an exciting game. I fell asleep once USC gained control in the 4th.

The big game of the night was Buffalo beating Temple in OT!

QUIZ - In terms of "firsts," (unless I'm wrong) a "first" happened in the MSU/USC game last night. What was it?

QUIZ - In terms of "firsts," (unless I'm wrong) a "first" happened in the MSU/USC game last night. What was it?

First time Spurrier hasd won Starkganistan.

Archived