More DJ Hall...

quietfan

How can it be both? Either he was suspended regardless of the injury or he was not. If Shula had intentions of suspending him, then he would not have even mentioned the injury, since he was not going to play anyway. Sounds like to me that the Hall was really injured and Shula is now trying to backtrack and use it as a suspension so that he really does not have to suspend him from a game he was physically capable of playing in.

Where is he quoted as saying this? I must have looked over it when weeding through all the articles today.

How can it be both? Either he was suspended regardless of the injury or he was not. If Shula had intentions of suspending him, then he would not have even mentioned the injury, since he was not going to play anyway. Sounds like to me that the Hall was really injured and Shula is now trying to backtrack and use it as a suspension so that he really does not have to suspend him from a game he was physically capable of playing in.

Where is he quoted as saying this? I must have looked over it when weeding through all the articles today.

I'm trying to muster some interest. Who is D.J. Hall?

He was the player that go up in a coaches face, but Shula never did anything about it. He then went home to take care of "personal" issues and missed spring practices. The rumor is that he was sent home for disrespecting the coaches, but then Shula changed his mind and let him come back even though the coaching staff was unhappy with that decision. So far, there has not been any punishment announced for him until apparently now, the day after the first game. He did not play because he was injured and suspended. Which is it? Hard to call it both because it is not really a suspension if he was not physically able to play anyway.

This is why Shula is going to eventually lose coaches because he lets players argue with the coaches and he does nothing about it. Insiders say the coach that this happened too wanted Hall gone for good.

He was the player that go up in a coaches face, but Shula never did anything about it. He then went home to take care of "personal" issues and missed spring practices. The rumor is that he was sent home for disrespecting the coaches, but then Shula changed his mind and let him come back even though the coaching staff was unhappy with that decision. So far, there has not been any punishment announced for him until apparently now, the day after the first game. He did not play because he was injured and suspended. Which is it? Hard to call it both because it is not really a suspension if he was not physically able to play anyway.

This is why Shula is going to eventually lose coaches because he lets players argue with the coaches and he does nothing about it. Insiders say the coach that this happened too wanted Hall gone for good.

Thanks. I thought he was one of the kids who played on Diffrn't Strokes.

Here it is

Shula says Hall was suspended vs. Hawaii

Monday, September 04, 2006

Huntsville Times

Shula says Hall wassuspended vs. Hawaii

TUSCALOOSA - Coach Mike Shula revealed Sunday that junior receiver DJ Hall was suspended from Saturday's 25-17 win over Hawaii. Shula said following the game that Hall did not play because of an ankle injury sustained in practice last Thursday.

Asked Sunday if Hall sat out the game because he was injured or because he was suspended, Shula answered, "DJ was sitting out for both."

There was growing speculation last week that Hall would not be allowed to play against Hawaii. But Shula's policy is not to discuss disciplinary matters publicly.

Asked if Hall would play Saturday against Vanderbilt, Shula said, "We hope so. If any of our guys are out because of discipline, I'm not going to announce it."

<snip>

Link to rest of article

Actually, DJ was running routes before the game during warm ups. He looked fine there...cutting and sprinting.

Looks like a suspension to me.

The only problem I see is that you shouldn't be dressed out if you are suspended (see JPW last year). Also, Shula said...

Shula volunteered after the game that Hall was out because of the ankle injury.

"Injury-wise, he probably couldn't have played as it was," Shula said. "Even in warmups, he was still pretty sore."

Contradictions everywhere...

Win - BG

Just got back from the plains so I'm not sure if you guys have commented on it. What did you guys think about Shula letting Simpson play against UH?

"DJ was sitting out for both."

Hard to wiggle around that statement.

I heard a rumor that Maurice Clarett and Marcus Vick have also both been injured for over a year now. Maybe that is why they haven't been playing either.

To me a suspension means you're not dressed for the game......you're not even on the sidelines for the game.

To me a suspension means you're not dressed for the game......you're not even on the sidelines for the game.

You make sure and implement that rule with the next college team you coach. ;)

You (and all bammers) remember making light of this when anything at all happens at AU.

Actually, DJ was running routes before the game during warm ups. He looked fine there...cutting and sprinting.

Looks like a suspension to me.

You are kidding right!!!

DJ was running routes before the game during warm ups
, if this is the case then why in the world would Shula say he is out for an injury!!! If he has an injured ankle how can he look fine running routes in pregame, in a game he is suspended for and not going to play in anyway b/c of an injury and being suspended. If that is true why even be dressed and out running routes on a bum ankle??? That is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard.

BG, you need to get a clue!!!

Coud be that the DJ Hall-agent-cash rumor on TI is true and that the NCAA has not cleared him as of yet.

Bingo!!!!

While this rumor has been discussed quite a bit, one would think an industrious reporter could have found some confirmation by now if it were true. Like most long-lived rumors, the failure of the press to get any confirmation after such an extended time makes me skeptical of its truth.

Still , that raises the question: Would we ever know if it were true? If, for example, it is true, would the NCAA make a public announcement if or when they cleared Hall again? I don't really expect anything more to come from Shula or UAT in the future. I suppose, if hypothetically there is a question of NCAA clearance and the NCAA drags it feet several more weeks, it will become increasingly difficult for Shula to explain Hall's absence from multiple games without saying more.

In any case, Shula's silence on team discipline is becoming a media liability to him. He may be an iron-fisted disciplinarian behind the scenes for all I know, but it seems his silence just prolongs and inflates the negative impact of stories that would probably fade from the public mind if he would be more forthcoming up front.

, if this is the case then why in the world would Shula say he is out for an injury!!! If he has an injured ankle how can he look fine running routes in pregame, in a game he is suspended for and not going to play in anyway b/c of an injury and being suspended. If that is true why even be dressed and out running routes on a bum ankle??? That is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard.

Are you calling me a liar?

Rest assured I will.

You bammers remember Shula's approach to "discipline" the next time a player from :ut: runs afoul of the law and Fulmer "handles" it.

Are you calling me a liar?

Shula said Hall probably couldn't play because of the injury and that he was still pretty sore during warmups. MAYBE Shula IS THE LIAR???? :poke:

I wonder if Juwann would have been suspended if he had been injured?

Simpson has already been given the Barney Fife penalty. Shula will only allow him one bullet for "his" gun.

bulletwgun.JPG

104368127_856a70ea9f_m.jpg

Win - BG

Just got back from the plains so I'm not sure if you guys have commented on it. What did you guys think about Shula letting Simpson play against UH?

BG - I guess your too busy defending Shula on the Hall situation to even comment on this. :poke:

Archived