Duckworth very angry after game.

DKW 86

Poor Buffalo..........They're going to feel the Wrath of the Big Uglies that will carry over to the rest of the Games........I wouldn't surprise me if they hold an Offensive Lineman Only meeting, they will take it personally the Rest of the season. War "BY GOD" Eagle

The whole line should be upset. They did not protect Brandon at all. Not only that, they did not provide any running lanes for our backs. If you go back and watch the tape of all three games the O line has yet to provide good run blocking. :no:

no one is too happy about the performance

http://www.al.com/sports/huntsvilletimes/i....xml&coll=1

Auburn in rush to fix its offense

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

By PHILLIP MARSHALL

Times Sports Staff pmarsh9485@msn.com

Buffalo may provide cure for struggling ground game

AUBURN - After a good night's sleep, senior Auburn guard Tim Duckworth's feelings had not changed.

He was delighted with the Tigers' 7-3 victory over LSU last Saturday at Jordan-Hare Stadium. He was disgusted by the performance of the offense in general and the offensive line in particular.

"My teammates know how I feel, and they strongly agree with me," Duckworth said. "As long as I have them on my side, everything is going to work out."

Auburn, which moved to No. 2 in the Associated Press poll in the wake of the victory, plays Buffalo on Saturday at Jordan-Hare. Kickoff is set for 1:30 p.m.

The Tigers had their least productive offensive day since Al Borges took over as coordinator before the 2004 season. They managed just 182 total yards, a net of 72 on the ground. Quarterback Brandon Cox was sacked four times for 29 yards in losses. A week earlier, the Tigers managed just 11 rushing yards in a 34-0 win at Mississippi State.

Buffalo could be the perfect cure. The Bulls (1-2) of the Mid-American Conference average giving up 260 yards per game on the ground.

"It's all going to be determined by how we come out and play in this next game," Duckworth said. "If we really want it as bad as we say, we need to bounce back from two games where we didn't run the ball as well as we should have and just demolish people."

Offensive line coach Hugh Nall shares Duckworth's consternation. It was reminiscent, he said, of Auburn's come-from-behind 10-9 victory over LSU in 2004. The Tigers went on from there to have one of the more productive offensive seasons in school history en route to a 13-0 record.

"The biggest disappointment I had was turning people free," Nall said. "Two of the sacks, we didn't even block the guy. That's my fault. These kids want to block people. They want to know who to block. Both of them were on screen plays, where you are going to give up some rush. We turned two of them completely free, and that just can't happen."

Auburn drove 75 yards in 12 plays on its first possession of the third quarter. Brandon Cox finished it off with a 1-yard sneak for the game's only touchdown.

"The first drive of the second half was good football," Nall said. "It was physical and it was tough, but that's the way those guys were."

Borges said LSU's defense "did a real wonderful job." But Auburn's offense, Borges said, "did not perform very well."

"They are a physical team, and we have to do a better job of matching their physicality," Borges said.

In 2004, Auburn gained 301 total yards, including 131 on the ground, against LSU. Jason Campbell threw a 16-yard pass to Courtney Taylor with 1:14 left in the game for the winning touchdown.

Cox, who completed 11-of-20 passes for 110 yards, said Borges reminded players of that before Sunday's practice.

"He was saying it's going to come down to offense in one of these games down the line, where we're going to have to win the game," Cox said. "Looking back two years ago, after that LSU game the offense was tremendous. That gives us hope."

Can't afford $9.95/month for a Rivals membership, but I can comment on what is said.

A sure sign of maturity is when one refelcts on their own mistakes and takes corrective action.

Maybe when Rivals includes CSTV online streaming as part of the package, it will be worth it.

Can't afford $9.95/month for a Rivals membership, but I can comment on what is said.

A sure sign of maturity is when one refelcts on their own mistakes and takes corrective action.

Maybe when Rivals includes CSTV online streaming as part of the package, it will be worth it.

I agree. The feasibility isn't there yet. A package would definitely be desirable. $120 per year, not yet.

Buffalo averages 280 rush yards against per game.

Rut roh.

This is gonna be fun... too bad I'll miss it.

I wish he would have gotten upset and spoken his mind just before our last 3 and out series. One first down and the game would have been over and no anxiety and fretting during that last minute.

I wish he would have gotten upset and spoken his mind just before our last 3 and out series. One first down and the game would have been over and no anxiety and fretting during that last minute.

how many times has it been like that, just ONE first down and :au: can run out the clock and we don't

do it. Very frustrating.

The O-line should be upset with their play... we were lucky to get this win. This will be their wake-up call, I hope they hear it. The O-line never seems to be appreciated enough. They don't do their job, and there's no time for a pass play, no holes for the running backs. I guess that's what bothered me about K.I. being so cocky toward the end of last year... he had huge holes to run through... same for Cadillac and Ronnie in 2004.

Geeez, now who's whining . . . Certainly I'm impressed that Duck is not satisfied with the OL's play, but can't WE (the fans) just be content that Saturday AU defeated the best team, arguably, in college football??

Give some credit to the opponent. Even if LSU doesn't have the best team in the nation, I think clearly they have the best defense. Even though we may not have heard of all their players (before Saturday, that is), remember, as noted in another thread, we were seeing the fruits a #1 nationally ranked recruiting class. Their speed (like :au: 's) is incredible.

Sure, the offense could stand to get better, and it will. Remember the offense didn't look so great against LSU in game #3 in '04, nor last year really until midseason. Hopefully by next week ( :usc: ), but certainly by the time the Mighty Lizards come to town, CAB will work it out.

Relax, people, and enjoy the ride . . . :au:

Archived