Official Game Thread

AUesquire

Announcers are just going with the flow.. at the beginning of the game, you couldn't hear them say anything bad about Auburn.. don't worry about them. I think it is our defense in what we need to be worried about.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think there will be some fist banging this week during half time as well? Man we are getting creamed in the stats!! They are talking upset right now. I Hope to goodness we don't!!!!

TCU is losing, hope they are the only upset tonight.

Mushcamp will make the changes. Don't worry. But, like I said, let's remember who is calling the plays on the other side. He knows how to make changes also. Spurrier knows how to win and you can bet he has the gameplan to upset us if we don't step up.

As for Gilbert, it looks like he is just plain forgetting the basics and getting beat. He seems to be getting turned around too much instead of back peddling when he should be.

Well, we are winning.. but not making the statement that we hoped for. The only way we can justify a #2 ranking is to hang about 35 on them in the 2nd half.. Right now we are only justifying the talking head's case to move us down to around #5 (doesn't help that one of them is in the press box) Muschamp needs to fire up his defense and send everyone a message that Auburn is for real. Every media outlet in the nation is pulling against you Auburn... if that's not motivation enough we'll never see a National Championship game.

Yep, and we get the ball back after halftime. That crowd is wild but we have played in wilder places before. I just don't see how our "great " defense is getting so pummeled. I bet they are killing us in yardage. My husband won't let me vent at home so I am doing online! Thanks all.

We don't win this there won't be any reason to think of a National Championship. If SC can play like this against us what will Florida and Georgia do? Maybe it is Thursday night sluggishness? Rain? Desire? Hype? Don't know but I hope the 2nd half is much better. I wanted to come out and run the tables the first half. Don't think anyone told Spurrier we were going to do that. I never liked him at FL, don't like him here. I am sure he is a nice man but he makes me mad!!! Am I frustrated, you bet!! :(

The deal is that our D is sucking wind now and we cannot get them out at all. Gilbert is just getting toasted by Spurrier. If we can just stop them we will wind big but they had the ball all of the first half.

We had three drives and two tds.

1st half stats

:au::usc:

1st Downs 7 13

3rd down efficiency

1-3 4-7

4th down efficiency

1-1 0-0

Total Yards 151 180

Passing 55 117

Comp-Att

4-6 8-13

Yards per pass

9.2 9.0

Rushing 96 63

Rushing Attempts

16 23

Yards per rush

6.0 2.7

Penalties 4-25 2-15

Turnovers 1 2

Fumbles lost

1 1

Interceptions thrown

0 1

Possession 10:54 18:48

If we don't get pressure on Seville (blitzing), he will continue to pick apart the secondary. We need to play zone and zone blitz. A stern talking to will not change the fact that our safeties can't cover SC WRs man to man.

Archived