One more reason to get fired up

auee90

I didn't seem this had been posted yet (sorry if it has, I did check... somewhat). We don't really need any more incentive, but check this out anyway. I don't read SI that much, but stumbled over there to see what was written. Some decent stuff. But then I read the "Smackdown" section, which were mini-columns from campus journalists. The Auburn student was reasonable and courteous. The Florida jerk was nothing but insulting. It must be just another case in point of what class is not.

The rest of the game related articles can be found here, under the Road Warriors article name.

Yup, just a student writer. I thought the same thing. But still, their words somehow got onto a nationally known site, with plenty of viewers. Just insulting is all. I'm pissed, and I'll be tackling some Gators myself now :P !

"Auburn: Straight A's in coloring

By Nick Zaccardi

Former Florida coach Steve Spurrier may have put it best. Days before the Gators faced Auburn in 1991, the Ol' Ball Coach was asked to comment on a fire at a Tigers football dorm that had destroyed 20 books. He responded by saying, "The real tragedy was that 15 hadn't been colored yet." (I always thought this was one of the Ol' Ball Coach's best quips :roflol: )

Auburn backed up that comment earlier this year when The New York Times reported that 18 members of the 2004 football team took a combined 97 hours of shady courses. The report stated that Cadillac Williams and other athletes received high grades from a professor who didn't require attendance and allowed them to get by without doing much work. Since nobody at Auburn has the intellectual wherewithal to find the power button on a computer, I'll be frank.

The only good thing to come out of Auburn was Charles Barkley, your next governor of Alabama. But even Sir Charles realizes the sorry state of affairs. "If it wasn't for Arkansas and Mississippi, we'd be dead last in everything," he said this summer. At least the football team's good.

If there's any place worse than Starkville (Mississippi State) to travel to in the Southeastern Conference, I'd give my vote to Auburn. According to MapQuest (another internet term that makes any Tiger go "Huh?"), there's literally one major road in and out of the town when coming from Gainesville. In lieu of sitting in an Auburn bar next to a pig farmer and discussing how the South will rise again, my newspaper has decided to rent a room in another state for Saturday night. (The place would be in Columbus, GA). :poke:

On game day, I've been told it's a tradition to greet people by saying "War Eagle." I've also heard that fans chant ?Brandon, Brandon, Brandon' for QB Cox when he makes a big play. If they had any creativity at all, they would chant his last name. That would truly make for the best college football environment in the country.

Nick Zaccardi (his dad probably majored in the New York/Florida Mob) is a journalism junior at the University of Florida. He currently serves as the editor of the sports Web site of the school's independent (the key word here is "independent") student newspaper, the Alligator, at alligatorSports.org."

Nick probably writes his "sports articles" on his web site for a grade, then promptly goes to view some rent-a-date sites... :roflol:

Here is my overall journalistic impression of Nickie's article: :moon:

...nobody at Auburn has the intellectual wherewithal to find the power button on a computer...

Well gee, I wonder how I got a software engineering degree then.... :rolleyes:

Nick Zaccardi is a journalism junior at the University of Florida. He currently serves as the editor of the sports Web site of the school's independent student newspaper, the Alligator, at alligatorSports.org."

The course of study with the least amount of academic rigor is jounalism as amply demonstrated by Mr. Zaccardi.

What a dumb ass.

Auburn gets the same put downs by every SEC school all the time and the are all gay as hell. The War Eagle, Tiger, Plainsmen putdown is wayyyy overplayed and lame. Auburn is a cow college with nothing to do and pig farmwers? What the hell? This idiot obviously hasn't been anywhere near Auburn in the past five years. Auburn/Opelika is one of the fastest growing region's in the country. Florida people have their heads stuck up their a***s. I live in Florida and this place sucks. I will be movig out of here in less thna a year and plan to only return for vacations in Destin/Ft. Walton and Key West because those are the only two places in the entire state worth a s**t.

Guest BoStillKnows
Nick Zaccardi is a journalism junior at the University of Florida. He currently serves as the editor of the sports Web site of the school's independent student newspaper, the Alligator, at alligatorSports.org.

Their journalism program must be weaker than our sociology program. Obviously, knowledge and intelligence are not a pre-requisite; but, being an a** must be worth extra credit.

I am glad they say the "Tiger, War Eagle, Plainsman" thing.

I loved it when some jerk from Florida slathered those words out of his drunken mouth before the game...."Are you guys the Tigers or the War Eagles or the Plainsman?" My brother smiled and said "Yes."

Be sure you spend lots of time thinking about that one kids. Meanwhile we will be crushing your football team on the field.

...nobody at Auburn has the intellectual wherewithal to find the power button on a computer...

Well gee, I wonder how I got a software engineering degree then.... :rolleyes:

No doubt, in a sociology class. :lol:

:au::homer:

Archived