Thank God.

kickerman97

You know what I didn't get about Lee Corso?

Is how he had enough balls to say that "I don't believe ANY SEC team who remains undefeated should not be #2! Florida should be #2" in AUBURN..????

As soon as Corso put on that gator head, you could hear the AU faithful at gameday chanting Corso sucks as plain as day on TV. It was great. Corso also picked Navy to beat Rutgers. Navy got blasted 34-0 and were like 250 yards below their average on rushing which is over 300. He's so stupid. Rutgers is one team I hope an SEC team doesn't get matched with in a bowl. They are pretty good. That white RB is huge and awesome!!

Believe it or not, Corso doesn't really bug me that much. He's admittedly just there for schtick. I met him at a Gameday years ago prior to an Iron Bowl. This was before it became such a big thing. He was in the parking lot up next to JH and was more than willing to take a few minutes and talk to me and a couple of buddies. There was no comedy routine and clown act. He was actually pretty nice.

Corso knows that putting on the mascot head and picking teams is going to get everyone fired up and he also knows that he's kind of the set up guy, there to take the "You suck" crap from the crowd.

In all seriousness, is anyone surprised that most folks picked UF? I mean, they were only the #2 team in the country coming off a 13 point win against LSU and facing a team that just got beyotch slapped by Arkansas. Go figure.

I guess some of his old college roommate's affinity for showmanship rubbed off on ole Corso..... Burt Reynolds at FSU. Actually, ole Corso wasn't a bad player..... ;)

If you had watched Sports Center early Sat. Morning, Corso actually told them he was picking Auburn. But he is not allowed to wear Aubies mask, so he had to choose the Gators so he could put a mask on. It is written in the contract for all Aubies that no one except the people chosen for Aubie will wear the costume. But I for one am glad, hate the Corso curse!!! Didn't want to see him pick us and jinx us.

Believe it or not, Corso doesn't really bug me that much. He's admittedly just there for schtick. I met him at a Gameday years ago prior to an Iron Bowl. This was before it became such a big thing. He was in the parking lot up next to JH and was more than willing to take a few minutes and talk to me and a couple of buddies. There was no comedy routine and clown act. He was actually pretty nice.

Corso knows that putting on the mascot head and picking teams is going to get everyone fired up and he also knows that he's kind of the set up guy, there to take the "You suck" crap from the crowd.

In all seriousness, is anyone surprised that most folks picked UF? I mean, they were only the #2 team in the country coming off a 13 point win against LSU and facing a team that just got beyotch slapped by Arkansas. Go figure.

Corso doesn’t bother me either. I know his routine is all about showmanship and getting the crowd going. I too met him at the Auburn vs. Alabama game in 1995. His partner in those days was Craig James. I thought they were both really nice guys. The thing I remember most was Corso talking about how he loved the southern BBQ.

Aubie got him back, though:

I really like this picture, there is something genuine about it, Corso really looks like he is enjoying

it.

The ONLY thing that really bothers me about all of those guys is the Big 10/ND bias...otherwise, they're pretty entertaining. HOWEVER...ESPN SUCKS! :)

:au::homer:

P.S. I go on vacation for 10 lousy days, and you guys let us lose to ARKANSAS???!!! Whuzzup with that??? I got back just in time for the UF game...thank the Lord.

B)

i love the gameday crew. it's all in fun and i think people take it too seriously in their 'hate' or whatever u want to call it for Corso. he's funny and the show is pretty good. i was in the middle of the gameday mob and i thought it was pretty lame that the crowd kept chanting 'OVERRATED' and 'corso sucks'. not very original, but of course it was hard to come up with any really good stuff to say after last week's game. the crowd was pretty subdued too, but that was expected. the cheerleaders didn't really do anything to help the atmosphere either. they only seemed interested in getting on tv b/c they never led any cheers. finally the band came by with about 30 minutes left in the show and got some life in the crowd.

sorry for my small rant, but i think having the Gameday crew on your campus is a really cool thing and a great way to show the nation how classy/AUsome our school/team really is. you don't want to do anything where they don't want to come back and i think all the derrogatory comments about the crew is unnecessary. it was still a good time and i'm glad i got up at the crack of dawn to go. WDE!

If you had watched Sports Center early Sat. Morning, Corso actually told them he was picking Auburn. But he is not allowed to wear Aubies mask, so he had to choose the Gators so he could put a mask on. It is written in the contract for all Aubies that no one except the people chosen for Aubie will wear the costume. But I for one am glad, hate the Corso curse!!! Didn't want to see him pick us and jinx us.

Didn't stop him from picking us in 04 by putting on a plush helmet.

I agree though, I started cheering with excitement when he put on that Gator head.

Hey, Aubie was crazy after the game. It was cool to see him on the GameDay set....anyone have a pic of that to share? Mine turned out bad.

Archived