Tray Blackmon

auburnu008

I am sitting here watching the tivo'ed HD game from last night. I have been pausing, watching plays over and over and am following numer 10's every move. All I can say is WOW. I know he has only played 1 game and he might never amount to all the hype, but he is INCREDIBLE. One play that I watch at least 5 times was he tackled Leak in the backfield after he pitched to ball to Baker for 20 yard gain. I saw Tray come back into the picture to assist on the tackle 25+ yards up the field after he tackled Leak. Amazing speed and he seems to always be around the ball. He gets off of blocks very good also. He is gonna be special. I was not expecting him to do much and I did not buy into all the hype before the game, but I am a believer now. War Damn Eagle!

I don't know what happened on that play. Chris Leak is about as fast as an injured Derek Jeter. Why would we send Blackmon to smash him in the ground when we could have focused on the option? Did Tray overpursue?

Not like it matters :)

I am sitting here watching the tivo'ed HD game from last night. I have been pausing, watching plays over and over and am following numer 10's every move. All I can say is WOW. I know he has only played 1 game and he might never amount to all the hype, but he is INCREDIBLE. One play that I watch at least 5 times was he tackled Leak in the backfield after he pitched to ball to Baker for 20 yard gain. I saw Trey come back into the picture to assist on the tackle 25+ yards up the field after he tackled Leak. Amazing speed and he seems to always be around the ball. He gets off of blocks very good also. He is gonna be special. I was not expecting him to do much and I did not buy into all the hype before the game, but I am a believer now. War Damn Eagle!

The play that blows my mind is when Leak was attempting to pass the ball, Blackmon charged him and batted the ball down. You know, the "attempted pass". If you saw that coming at you wouldn't you drop the ball too?

Trey is going to be what I told you guys last week............

The NEXT GREAT :au: LB! :cheer:

The defensive players were told to force Leak to hold the ball if they ran the option. Trey just misplayed it. But its his first game, I'll cut him some slack. Heck, he looked lost all night. But he is a playmaker.

I am sitting here watching the tivo'ed HD game from last night. I have been pausing, watching plays over and over and am following numer 10's every move. All I can say is WOW. I know he has only played 1 game and he might never amount to all the hype, but he is INCREDIBLE. One play that I watch at least 5 times was he tackled Leak in the backfield after he pitched to ball to Baker for 20 yard gain. I saw Trey come back into the picture to assist on the tackle 25+ yards up the field after he tackled Leak. Amazing speed and he seems to always be around the ball. He gets off of blocks very good also. He is gonna be special. I was not expecting him to do much and I did not buy into all the hype before the game, but I am a believer now. War Damn Eagle!

If I remember correctly, they showed him on the sidelines right after that getting "instructed" on how to play that next time. I think even the commentators mentioned that we should have known Leak was not going to keep the ball on that option.

You have to remember, it is his first game in 1 1/2 years and his first Div-1 game period, he is going to need to get his "game head" and "game legs" tuned back up. I think too much was expected out of him by some on his first game back. Statistically, the fumble on Leak and the recovery is the the only stats he had for that game. However, that one statistical play was second only to the punt block if you ask me. He still is young and has alot of playing time ahead of him, so he will learn something each game. The thing he does have going for him is that he has been practicing for two years against our starting offense, so his learing curve should not take that long.

Guest BoStillKnows

I believe Tray Blackmon has the ability to change a game by being on the field and has the potential to take control of a game like Aundray Bruce did against Georgia Tech.

Hopefully he will not opt out early and will stay healthy.

Time will tell.

You have to remember, it is his first game in 1 1/2 years and his first Div-1 game period, he is going to need to get his "game head" and "game legs" tuned back up. I think too much was expected out of him by some on his first game back.

CTT said on ESPN later that Trey lined up on the wrong side the first 2 plays; it was no doubt a young freshman out there. But, imagine 3 years from now, he will be a force in the SEC and maybe our biggest name player...

I don't know what happened on that play. Chris Leak is about as fast as an injured Derek Jeter. Why would we send Blackmon to smash him in the ground when we could have focused on the option? Did Tray overpursue?

No his job was the quarterback and to get the quarterback no matter what. The one play when he hit Florida's RB so hard and knocked each other back, he sprinted down the opposite side of the field to help in the tackle. Now granted, he should have wrapped up, but still to screw up and then sprint 20 yds down field to aid in a tackle shows his speed.

Florida was holding all night, the pictures prove it. I think Tray was the spark we needed to re-energize our defense. Once he got his bearings, he was all over the place.

I wish the defense that showed up in the second half would have showed up last week too.

Love hearing all the commentators on sports shows talking about us in a good light again. Hope we can keep it up. :cheer:

No his job was the quarterback and to get the quarterback no matter what. The one play when he hit Florida's RB so hard and knocked each other back, he sprinted down the opposite side of the field to help in the tackle. Now granted, he should have wrapped up, but still to screw up and then sprint 20 yds down field to aid in a tackle shows his speed.

Leak can run, just ask Alabama. He ripped them for something like 50 yards right before half-time on one of those option plays.

Tray did right, hit the QB hard and hopefully your outside help is there.

Tray had a lot of spring in his legs. He was well rested, and full of energy. I hope he can keep this energy level up throughout the rest of the season.

I thought some of the others on defense were inspired by Tray's performance and stepped it up a notch themselves. Our defense was definitely better with Tray in there.

He reminded me of a "wrecking ball" or a "buzz saw." Maybe he's that bowling ball of sharp knives CTT talks about, huh?

The gameplan was to force Leak to keep the ball on the option. Leak is not a good option QB. He has -28 yards on 33 carries, for the season. Of course that includes sacks as well, but the fact is Tebow is a better fit for Urban's offense.

Tray did miss a tackle that resulted in a huge gain by Caldwell on the flanker sweep. Do we teach form tackling anymore??? Otherwise I liked the energy that TB brought to the defense. He's still learning. :thumbsup:

The gameplan was to force Leak to keep the ball on the option. Leak is not a good option QB. He has -28 yards on 33 carries, for the season. Of course that includes sacks as well, but the fact is Tebow is a better fit for Urban's offense.

Tray did miss a tackle that resulted in a huge gain by Caldwell on the flanker sweep. Do we teach form tackling anymore??? Otherwise I liked the energy that TB brought to the defense. He's still learning. :thumbsup:

You can keep bustin' Tray's chops for that one missed tackle. That miss is widely reported to have resulted in a 47 yard run by UF. However, if you check that play out, another player, D. Irons, I believe, missed a clear open field tackle at the other end of the line of scrimage. If that play had been made, the play would still have been a no gainer. I've not heard that missed tackle discussed at all.

Tray did much more good than harm. It's great to have him on the field.

DI missed that tackle absolutely, another instance of head down poor tackling. TB was the spark that the defense needed in the second half, no question. But good teams will exploit his overaggressiveness if he doesn't learn his role in the defensive scheme of things. The team still needs to tackle better though.

You can keep bustin' Tray's chops for that one missed tackle. That miss is widely reported to have resulted in a 47 yard run by UF. However, if you check that play out, another player, D. Irons, I believe, missed a clear open field tackle at the other end of the line of scrimage. If that play had been made, the play would still have been a no gainer. I've not heard that missed tackle discussed at all.

Tray did much more good than harm. It's great to have him on the field.

Yup...Irons whiffed on that play.

And yes, Tray was supposed to let Leak keep the ball on the option. He'll learn.

:au::homer:

Archived