War Eagle everyone

aerotiger

Hey ya'll. I've been a lurker for a while. Just decided to register today. If anyone's interested, I'm an aerospace engineering student at AU right now, and I'm originally from Opelika.

Anyways, I look forward to some great discussion. :thumbsup:

Glad you are here!!! It's always nice to have current students on here to give us current scoop from the Motherland.

Just stay away from saniflush and wesfau and you'll be fine. ;)

War Eagle!!

Jen

WAR EAGLE, brother...post often....

:au::homer:

I appreciate it.

Hey ya'll. I've been a lurker for a while. Just decided to register today. If anyone's interested, I'm an aerospace engineering student at AU right now, and I'm originally from Opelika.

Anyways, I look forward to some great discussion. :thumbsup:

welcome! i'm in the same boat as you, lurker for a while and just registered a little bit ago. i'm studying mechanical engineering. what year are you?

Auburn 6, I'm a senior. I'll graduate in may. I am taking a mechanical class this semester, though: computer aided engineering. It's definitely time-consuming but not too difficult.

PT, I'll be sure and spread the word to Dr. Cochran, although I'm not sure I'll understand his reply. I've never heard so much jibberish until his flight dynamics class. :roflol:

He's a great guy, though...bleeds orange and blue taboot.

Auburn 6, I'm a senior. I'll graduate in may. I am taking a mechanical class this semester, though: computer aided engineering. It's definitely time-consuming but not too difficult.

PT, I'll be sure and spread the word to Dr. Cochran, although I'm not sure I'll understand his reply. I've never heard so much jibberish until his flight dynamics class. :roflol:

I am on the AE Advisory Board and have known John for many years. You may not know that:

-he is a former All SEC LB at Auburn

-he got his doctorate at the U. of Texas as a Rhodes Scholar

-Pat Dye made him the Ass't AD when Dye came in as HC and AD (he later went back to engineering)

-he has a son who is a recent Ole Miss grad so they will be "competeting" this weekend.

I actually did know most of that. My dad has been one of his friends for a long time. They also go to alabama bar meetings together. I also know his son through some other friends. Isn't he in B'ham now?

I've gotten to know him quite well through class and some honorary banquets, and I almost did some research for an army project he's doing. I ended up doing missile research for Dr. Roy instead.

Anyways, it definitely doesn't get any more "Auburn" than Dr. Cochran.

Welcome aboard. I eventually will be an ME/AE student whenever I finally transfer to UAH. :lol:

I am on the AE Advisory Board and have known John for many years. You may not know that:

-he is a former All SEC LB at Auburn

-he got his doctorate at the U. of Texas as a Rhodes Scholar

-Pat Dye made him the Ass't AD when Dye came in as HC and AD (he later went back to engineering)

-he has a son who is a recent Ole Miss grad so they will be "competeting" this weekend.

Welcome Aerotiger...Hey guys..another AE grad here, in Huntsville, too. Nothing more entertaining than Cochran's use of his hands to explain stability and control. I didn't know all the facts quoted here...that's awesome.

lol...well, to be honest, I've been pretty prolific on another board (auburnfootball.com). Basically I put the picture of a sign I was using for gameday (a beavis and butthead theme) on that site. One of my buddies over there said that the sign had made its way over here. I thought it was pretty funny, and soon after started reading the board.

BTW, I did start a thread in the woodshed, and I'm sure there will be many more. B)

Aerospace engineering huh? I am currently thinking about doing that at Auburn right now....not sure, im in HighSchool right now....but my 3 things that i might wanna study at AU are

-AeroSpace Engineering

-SoftWare Enginerring

-Wireless Enginerring

Anyway, welcome to the board....i like the picture in your siggy, are you a fan of WW2 aircraft?

Archived