Service Men & Women

saniflush

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...1/NEWS/61101018

Kerry is a consumate Dumba$$.

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

So I guess Mr. Kerry thinks all service personnel are stupid? Oh, wait, Kerry was in the service. So I guess you can say "Some service personnel are very stupid indeed!"

I hear Kerry apologized for all this. I wonder, did he support the military slam before he decided to deny it? Kind of like how he voted to support the troops, before he decided to vote against them.

Typical Senator Flip-Flop. Say one thing and then immediately say the exact opposite. Amd some fools thought this stuffed shirt was Presidential grade?

BTW, Bush graduated from Harvard and Yale. So how is Bush any worse off then Kerry? Did you know that Kerry actually got the worse grades?

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=Y...zg3NDNjNzM5MjY=

I wish I had written this one myself.

Kerryism [Victor Davis Hanson]

Kerry surely must be one of the saddest Democratic liabilities around. Some afterthoughts about his latest gaffe, which is one of those rare glimpses into an entire troubled ideology:

(1) How could John Kerry, born into privilege, and then marrying and divorcing and marrying out of and back into greater inherited wealth, lecture anyone at a city college about the ingredients for success in America? If he were to give personal advice about making it, it would have to be to marry rich women. Nothing he has accomplished as a senator or candidate reveals either much natural intelligence or singular education. Today, Democrats must be wondering why they have embraced an overrated empty suit, and ostracized a real talent like Joe Lieberman.

(2) How could Kerry possibly claim that he was thinking of the uneducated in the context of George Bush, who, after all, went to Harvard and Yale?

(3) Some of the brightest and most educated Americans are not only in the military, but veterans of Iraq. Two of the best educated minds I have met-Col. Bill Hix and Lt. Col. Chris Gibson, both Hoover Security Fellows-were both Iraqi veterans. What is striking about visiting Iraq is the wealth of talent there, from privates to generals. Without being gratuitously cruel, the problem of mediocrity is not in the ranks of the military, but on our university campuses, where half-educated professors and non-serious students killing time are ubiquitous. Personally, I'd wager the intelligence of a Marine Corps private any day over the average D.C. journalist. Every naval officer I met at the USNA, without exception, seemed brighter than John Kerry, whose "brilliance", after all, has managed to offend millions of voters on the eve of a pivotal election. If the Democrats lose, it will be almost painful to watch the recriminations against Kerry fly.

(4) This is not the first, but third, time he has denigrated soldiers in the middle of a war-and there is a systematic theme: John Kerry's assumed superior morality allows him to pass judgment from on high about supposedly lesser folk who become tools of a suspect military: thus we go from limb-loppers and Genghis' hordes to terrorists to dead-beats. The only constant is that the haughtiness is always delivered in the same sanctimonious, self-righteous, and patronizing tone.

(5) The mea culpa that Democrats are blaming the war and not the warriors is laughable after Sens. Durbin, Kennedy, and Kerry have collectively compared American soldiers to Nazis, Pol Pot's killers, Stalinists, terrorists, and Baathists.

(6) The problem is that Kerry is not just a senator, but the most recent presidential candidate of the Democratic Party, and thus in some sense, especially given the diminution of Howard Dean, the megaphone of the entire party.

(7) His pathetic clarification, as he blamed everyone from Tony Snow to Rush Limbaugh, displayed the same Al Gore derangement syndrome, and thus raises a larger question: what is it about George Bush that seems to reduce once sober and experienced liberal pros to infantile ranting?

(8) And why is the supposedly lame Bush so careful in speech, and the self-acclaimed geniuses like a Ted Kennedy, John Kerry, or Howard Dean serially spouting ever more stupidities? For all the Democrats' criticism of George Bush, I can't think of a modern President who has so infrequently put his foot in his public mouth, and, by the same token, can't think of any opposition that on the eve of elections seems to have an almost pathological death wish.

The Democrats should use this occasion to have an autopsy of Kerryism, or this strange new tony liberalism, that has turned noblisse oblige on its head. It used to be that millionaire FDRs and JFKs felt sympathy for those of the lower classes and wished to ensure that the hoi polloi had some shot at the American dream. But today's elite liberals-a Howard Dean, Al Gore, Ted Kennedy, George Soros, Ted Turner-love the high life and playact at being leftists simply because they are already insulated from the effects of their own nostrums that always come at someone poorer's expense while providing them some sort of psychological relief from guilt.

Poor Harry Truman must be turning over in his grave-from bourbon, cigars, and poker to wind-surfing and L.L. Bean costume of the day says it all.

David, we have already heard from Tex & Al and what Kerry said is not what he meant. He was not dising servicemen, he was dising Bush. Everyone knows that Kerry supports the troops now and always has.

SlanderingU.jpg

Yourson.jpg

David, we have already heard from Tex & Al and what Kerry said is not what he meant. He was not dising servicemen, he was dising Bush. Everyone knows that Kerry supports the troops now and always has.

SlanderingU.jpg

Yourson.jpg

I now mike, but cant I have a little fun gouging out a few eyes?

SlanderingU.jpg

Yourson.jpg

I now mike, but cant I have a little fun gouging out a few eyes?

Works for me Bud. You know I have been fishing in this pond for years. <_<

On top of that, Mr. Hanson painted a great picture didn't he? Direct and to the point. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Isn't it just like ......missing the point of the art?

Give me one Mother, Father, sister, brother, cousin or loved one who wants these children back home and that will be a good enough reason to just say NO to any man or government who declares War as a "neat idea". "It would be neat if we .....rolled up our sleeves when we are on camera? Mission Accomplished! Of course the "Mission" is on a "Need to know basis".

John Kerry stepped up to the plate. Put a face on it. Stood up for Truth, Justice and the American Way.

I never thought in my lifetime, I would see this Country fall so low........

Auburn Football is my Zen. The team reminds me to honor. I sit higher when the Tigers are winning and I never give up if they are down. But, if Lee Corso came to Auburn to Coach, I would have to question the choice and do everything in my power to "vote" him out.

The truth is here

.....WAR EAGLE!

Isa

This latest gaffe by Kerry will run through the news cycle and give the late night comedians some new material for a couple of days. But one has to wonder if the long terrm effects will torpedo Kerry's 2008 presididential hopes before he even gets a chance to run. Lke Howard Dean's Scream, this PR disaster is going to be with Kerry a long time. He further compounded the problem by delaying the apology and attempting first to explain away his remarks. The cancellation of campaign appearances for other Dem candidates and his statement on Don Imus's radio show, "I'm coming back to Washington so I'm not a distraction," only makes his apology look more like damage control rather than heart-felt sincerity.

This latest gaffe by Kerry will run through the news cycle and give the late night comedians some new material for a couple of days. But one has to wonder if the long terrm effects will torpedo Kerry's 2008 presididential hopes before he even gets a chance to run. Lke Howard Dean's Scream, this PR disaster is going to be with Kerry a long time. He further compounded the problem by delaying the apology and attempting first to explain away his remarks. The cancellation of campaign appearances for other Dem candidates and his statement on Don Imus's radio show, "I'm coming back to Washington so I'm not a distraction," only makes his apology look more like damage control rather than heart-felt sincerity.

He had no future as a Presidential candidate before this, but maybe this will convince him to focus on being a Senator.

Give me a break. He was already being touted by the media as Hitlary's biggest challenge to the nomination.

Awesome photo, Howard!

1) He did not apologize at first. He went after Snow et al.

2) When he finally did apologize, he did so with half of the Dems pointing a gun at his head.

3) The Dems have run him out of the races now. He is hiding in DC so he will no longer embarass the party.

If he truly was sorry, why doesnt he go to Iraq, as Bush has many times and apologize and hang out with the troops? THat wil never happen. It is not in the Kerry psyche to be humble, not even for a second. THe day he fell skiing and cursed the SS agent was telling. He said "I never fall." Oh really? Then he should be a pro surfboarder, cause hell, even they fall. But not Senator Flip-Flop, he never falls. No, he is perfect.

He is delusional.

Archived