Quarterbacking

Ronin

My $.02:

I think the biggest difference between this year and 2004 is leadership on the field. While we have talent on the field, I don't see anyone really stepping up and leading the other guys. We've had some great individual performances, as proven by the number of SEC Players of the Week we've had all year. But I don't think we've jelled as a team like in 2004 and that's largely because no one really seems to want to take responsibility for pulling everyone together on the field, offensively or defensively. JMHO..

Also, offensively, what were supposed to be our two biggest weapons, Kenny Irons and Brandon Cox, have been handicapped by nagging injuries that kept them less than 100% much of the time..

I said this earlier and I say it again. BC will not be the starter his senior year.He has not progressed like he should. Remember he is a 23 yr. old soph.

I disagree. Loyalty by the coaching staff, and knowledge of the offense means BC starts next fall (whether he is the most talented qb or not).

I said this earlier and I say it again. BC will not be the starter his senior year.He has not progressed like he should. Remember he is a 23 yr. old soph.

BC nearly tore his ACL in the LSU game, has suffered a high ankle sprain on his plant foot, and has been knocked around more because of lack of protection than any D1 starting QB should. If BC was healthy and was having this kinda season, I could understand the "controversy" talk, but he has been hurt and has had no protection...not completely his fault that he has had a rough year IMO...

If I remember correctly, some of these very same comments were being made during J Campbell's junior year. We were wanting to see someone different for his senior year. He just wasn't the qb that could lead our team and we needed a change. Does this sound familiar. Seems like JC and the coaches got it right in 2004. Let's not even concern ourselves about nest year. We still have 2 more game to go - with one of those THE most important game of the year.

NOT the same thing. BC progressed all last year (til the bowl game)..This year he HAS NOT.PERIOD. :thumbsdown:

The only problem I had a quarterback was that I saw a QB that lost his composure. Your offensive leader cannot be getting personal fouls called on him. To be honest, I was really surprised to see him back on the field after that play. I realize we scored a TD after that, but at the time, nothing was looking promising at all. I believe he is definitely our starter and I was just a little troubled by that yesterday.

I actually was impressed a little bit, not the penalty but see someone show some emotion. There wasn't

much anywhere else on Auburn side of the field. I also liked seeing King Dunlap protecting his qb.

2007- The Beggining of The "Burns" Era

From the videos that i have watched, Kodi has better pocket awareness then brandon and he wont take a sack. He is a mike vick type QB yet he has a very accurate arm. When he sees pressure he will take off and burn some defenses.........even if KB dosent start next year i think he will certainly split time with BC. I say Redshirt caudle.

Look, fellas and ladies, we all knew after watching a few games that we didn't have the same "it" we had in '04. We still have a great chance to end up at 11-2, even after struggling all season and never really playing as one unit. This being said, Brandon will be fine. He will be our starter next season. Our line will be more cohesive. Our backs will have one more year of experience, as will the recievers. Our D will have had one more year under the same coordinator, which hasn't happened in a while. Sounding somewhat familiar? Sounds kinda like '04. We had all the hype the year before we really did anything. CTT just keeps restocking our team. It is definitley a great time to be an Auburn Tiger!

I think we are all just upset that we are not getting the coaching we thought we would get. Its one thing to coach a great team to greatness. It's much harder to caoch a good team to greatness. But it can be done. You just have to work at a little more creatively. I'm not sure offensively we are getting that. Sometimes you have to fit the system to the players.

Defensively. Sure we are disappointed, but it is a new DC/scheme. So what do you do.

But we all felt the Offense would carry us this year. From day one we knew what we would see, Kenny, Kenny, Kenny. There did not seem to be a plan B. At this level, that just won't fly.

Kenny had 49 yards on 10 carries...then the running game disappeared. What if he had gotten the ball more, earlier in the game? I thought Al was a little too pass happy, too early in this one. IMHO....

:au::homer:

Look, fellas and ladies, we all knew after watching a few games that we didn't have the same "it" we had in '04. We still have a great chance to end up at 11-2, even after struggling all season and never really playing as one unit. This being said, Brandon will be fine. He will be our starter next season. Our line will be more cohesive. Our backs will have one more year of experience, as will the recievers. Our D will have had one more year under the same coordinator, which hasn't happened in a while. Sounding somewhat familiar? Sounds kinda like '04. We had all the hype the year before we really did anything. CTT just keeps restocking our team. It is definitley a great time to be an Auburn Tiger!

I agree. Some seem to have forgot already what Blake did on his first play against Arky St. I would like to see Blake get more time but just remenber that Tubs said before the season that if Cox went down we were in deep manure. And don't forget Caudle in the mix next year.

I have never really liked weaker armed QBs even when they are extremely smart and accurate etc. It limits their margin of error. You can throw the ball a second late and still get there before a defender. It also makes the defense cover the entire field. I am not so sure that the reason our WR can't get open is because nobody fears BCs arm. Cover 20 yards down field and you have it.

I had high hopes for BC and hopefully his arm weakness and radical immobility are just injury related. I love his leadership and his toughness. He has good intangibles.

I want be dissappointed to see either him or Burns nex season, but i must admit I am excited about Burns' mobility and arm strength.

Archived