USC's Pete Carroll

lukeduke

INMO if you are not A :au: fan and you are posting on this board and you don't like what is being said maybe you should look for another board, until then shut the hell up!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good lord. You sound like a freaking broken record. I've never heard Shula say "F U" to anyone. I have heard him drop Fbombs...similar to the ones Ive heard from CTT.

BG... I don't want to get into this pissing match, but you keep saying this and have no evidence of it whatsoever.

There's ample evidence of Shula's tendency to use profanity. Several instances Saturday afternoon.

I've never seen Tuberville curse on the sidelines. I've never heard him curse at practice. I've never seen or heard him curse in any setting. In fact, you are the only person I have ever seen who says this. I've seen opposing fans rip Tuberville for a thousand "classless" things from cigars to t-shirts, but none say anything about profanity.

If you have seen or heard Tuberville use this kind of language and can prove it in some way, I'll be glad to accept it. But unless you do, I'd really rather you stop saying this.

So what? Since when are you required to be PI in order have class as a head football coach. Next thing you'll tell me is that our troops use profanity...geez. :rolleyes:

Good lord. You sound like a freaking broken record. I've never heard Shula say "F U" to anyone. I have heard him drop Fbombs...similar to the ones Ive heard from CTT.

BG... I don't want to get into this pissing match, but you keep saying this and have no evidence of it whatsoever.

There's ample evidence of Shula's tendency to use profanity. Several instances Saturday afternoon.

I've never seen Tuberville curse on the sidelines. I've never heard him curse at practice. I've never seen or heard him curse in any setting. In fact, you are the only person I have ever seen who says this. I've seen opposing fans rip Tuberville for a thousand "classless" things from cigars to t-shirts, but none say anything about profanity.

If you have seen or heard Tuberville use this kind of language and can prove it in some way, I'll be glad to accept it. But unless you do, I'd really rather you stop saying this.

So what? Since when are you required to be PI in order have class as a head football coach. Next thing you'll tell me is that our troops use profanity...geez. :rolleyes:

Missed the point, Raven. Nice. Thanks for chiming in anyway.

The point being that unless you have evidence that Tubby uses profanity, don't say so... Childish. Does it make him any less of a coach if he does use profanity? Please let's not elevate Tubby to sainthood yet...

After seeing this unbelievable display of immaturity, I was reminded once again that the foundation of a football conference is not made up entirely of winning records and final scores.

Character displays, such as the one we saw last night, must be considered when debating Pac-10 vs. SEC.

You guys on this Auburn board are the most holier-than-thou SOB's. I have never seen a fanbase more delusional about the saintliness of their athletic program. It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic. :rolleyes:

Go back to your corn dog factory genuine...stay out of it. Oh, and I bet LSU is SOOOOOOOOOOOO squeaky clean too, huh?

The point being that unless you have evidence that Tubby uses profanity, don't say so... Childish. Does it make him any less of a coach if he does use profanity? Please let's not elevate Tubby to sainthood yet...

And again you miss the point. Whether Tuberville curses or not is not at issue. Nor is his sainthood.

All I'm saying is that to my knowledge no one other than BG has ever made reference to, alluded to, inferred, claimed, stated, suggested or alleged that Tuberville uses profane language on the sideline. This being the case, I'd rather that he not say it.

It's no different than me saying Brandon Avalos ****** **** ** *** **** **** when he was at Alabama. I know for a fact it's true and I have unimpeachable sources on it. But it's not public knowledge. There's nothing to verify what I know. So I don't say it.

Heh, i know what's behind those stars. And yes...it is true.

Either way...what Pete did was way out of line. If I ever saw shula hurling those at an opposing coach like that...man id be pretty angry.

I kind of wish everybody would quit with the "let's try to make football an example of purity." That Oregon coach was practically dancing the night away with that call. Pete Carroll got upset and cussed him out, as would I have if it happened to me. Not only that, Pete Carroll's "classless act" finished up with a 35-10 final score and a fairly direct path to the NC game.

Honestly, I get a little annoyed with the lack of charisma displayed by Tuberville. I've heard time and time again about how CT rarely argues with refs. Ever heard the saying, "the team is a direct reflection of the coach?" Tuberville's lack of emotion shows up on the field during games like last Saturday. Maybe if Tuberville had more of an F U attitude towards other coaches/teams instead of a "let's go get our work done and get on to next week," we'd still be looking at BCS money instead of Cotton Bowl money.

Guys just a few points here.

1) I've never seen CTT curse on the sideline. Not saying he hasn't, just that I haven't seen it if he has.

2) Shula uses the F Bomb regularly and the cameras typically catch him once a game.

3) What Pete Carroll did last night is a lot different than what Shula does. Shula does it as an expression of frustration such as "ahh F***". What Pete Carroll did last night was curse at an opposing coach. In my opinion that is classless to a much further extreme than what Shula does.

I kind of wish everybody would quit with the "let's try to make football an example of purity." That Oregon coach was practically dancing the night away with that call. Pete Carroll got upset and cussed him out, as would I have if it happened to me. Not only that, Pete Carroll's "classless act" finished up with a 35-10 final score and a fairly direct path to the NC game.

Honestly, I get a little annoyed with the lack of charisma displayed by Tuberville. I've heard time and time again about how CT rarely argues with refs. Ever heard the saying, "the team is a direct reflection of the coach?" Tuberville's lack of emotion shows up on the field during games like last Saturday. Maybe if Tuberville had more of an F U attitude towards other coaches/teams instead of a "let's go get our work done and get on to next week," we'd still be looking at BCS money instead of Cotton Bowl money.

you have to admit carroll made himself look like a child and a poor sport in that situation. i also agree that tubby is overly calm about everything, but i don't want to see him be a prick, either.

I did not get a chance to see the Pete Carroll Post Game Show but I understand that this week the show was brought to you by the letters F and U.

you have to admit carroll made himself look like a child and a poor sport in that situation. i also agree that tubby is overly calm about everything, but i don't want to see him be a prick, either.

Yes and No. One fact is that the Oregon coach can't see or hear Pete Carroll when he's on the other sideline. I assume Pete Carroll was cussing out the Oregon coach but only keeping it to himself. On the other hand, he has to know that the cameras are going to be on him. We all throw tantrums to ourselves when something doesn't go our way and especially if somebody is trying to rub it in our face.

So are you saying Carroll =Shula?

You're probably one of the weenies who was complaining about Rush Probst saying too many bad words to the wittle high school children...aww im so upset. People use bad words in football.

I am a teacher and if I were to use the language Rush Probst uses during his MTV Two a days, I would be fired. I don't care if it is football or basketweaving, adult leaders (teachers, coaches, etc) should not cuss in front of thier students. It is embarassing when anyone does it no matter who they coach for. Shula has done it a lot when the camera is on him. Don't know about Tubberville because I am usually at the games, but if he has, he shouldn't either. These are supposed to be our role models. There is no excuse for bad words no matter what.

After seeing this unbelievable display of immaturity, I was reminded once again that the foundation of a football conference is not made up entirely of winning records and final scores.

Character displays, such as the one we saw last night, must be considered when debating Pac-10 vs. SEC.

You guys on this Auburn board are the most holier-than-thou SOB's. I have never seen a fanbase more delusional about the saintliness of their athletic program. It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic. :rolleyes:

Hmmm, it's an Auburn board so why are you even trolling around in it? LSU fans were the same way about Saban so don't go spouting off on our boards. No one is saying our athletic program is so saintly anyway. We just have never seen Tubbs on television cussing, but have seen Shula cussing many times. To LSU's credit, I have not seen Miles cussing either.

To LSU's credit, I have not seen Miles cussing either.

You didn't see the halftime interview with Miles during the UT game did you?

I've never seen Tuberville curse on the sidelines. I've never heard him curse at practice. I've never seen or heard him curse in any setting. If you have seen or heard it and can prove it in some way, I'll be glad to accept it. But unless you do, I'd really rather you stop saying this.

Ive heard it with my own ears. So similar to last week...either I am a) a liar. or B ) telling the truth.

I have heard CTT use the F word. More than once.

If first hand experiences dont fall under the "no link no post rule" then thats fine. But that should also go for the people claiming shula uses the F word.

Oh, and when were you on the sidelines next to Tubberville to hear him use the F word first hand? Every game I have been to, Tubbs seems to by himself on the sidelines with all the coaches and players behind him. NOt saying he hasn't used it, but knowing his committment to his Church or Christ beliefs, I doubt it.

What is so bad about a coach cursing on the sidelines?

I mean, the coach doing it every down is one thing...but...I have seen Richt do it on the sidelines before....

It happens, It's college football

INMO if you are not A :au: fan and you are posting on this board and you don't like what is being said maybe you should look for another board, until then shut the hell up!

Thank you for putting in straight plain English. I can only add......Amen!!!!!

Something I find fascinating is the amount of influence people THINK coaches, teachers and adults have on 16-22 year olds' language. I was cussing in the fifth grade. So were all my friends. If any of you were to get to know my family and friends, you'd say we're all good, sound people. When asked if I cussed in the fifth grade, most would answer "no." But I did. High school football players cuss too. What is gained through censoring a coaches' vocabulary?

It happens, It's college football

Hammer meet nail.

Hammer=Pete Carroll

Nail=Mike Shula

Therefore Shula =Carroll

Back where we started. Thanks for the mathematical proof.

To LSU's credit, I have not seen Miles cussing either.

You didn't see the halftime interview with Miles during the UT game did you?

Well, yeah, I forgot about that one.

Archived