Russell......

Tigerbait2010

If the Raiders are smart, they'll forgo the opinions of the Troy Smith mouthbreathers and make JR the #1 pick.

If the Raiders are smart, they'll forgo the opinions of the Troy Smith mouthbreathers and make JR the #1 pick.

I agree, I know I'm an LSU fan, but I really do believe that he's the best QB in the draft this year.

Looking at the bright side, our 2 backup QB's could start for alot of teams in the nation. :)

How many starts do they have combined between them? 1? 2?

Looking at the bright side, our 2 backup QB's could start for alot of teams in the nation. :)

How many starts do they have combined between them? 1? 2?

If Flynn is returning, there will not be a drop off for LSU. Flynn hasn't started much, other than the thumping of UM last year in Atlanta.

gotta look at the schedule though. florida comes to death valley. same for auburn. that's a big boost in the arm. plus they rotate tennessee off the schedule i think. miles is a good coach, and they still have a ton of talent. the difference is, without russell and bowe, they'd dang well better start to find something resembling a running back on that roster. ben tate could've started for them this year.

what's the word on the new qb though? will it be flynn or is it finally time for the ryan perriloser error? is the biggest mouth in the south really going to get beat out again?

Most people believe Dorsey will return because of his love for the college game.Southlink, I know you hate LSU, but how do you have us losing 3-4 games next year? Instead of having those 4 top 10 teams on the road, we have them at home! We get 8 starters back on the defense, and some key players to our offense.

Too bad we can't borrow Russell for a season. He is a beast. If we had had him this year, we would be practicing for our bowl game right now. I still would have taken Campbell over him, but maybe not if he came back and proved me wrong his senior year.

I agree, I know I'm an LSU fan, but I really do believe that he's the best QB in the draft this year.

Sorry. Didn't you listen to the Sugar Bowl announcers? It's Brady Quinn. :rolleyes:

Southlink, I know you hate LSU, but how do you have us losing 3-4 games next year?

You can think my hatred for LSU clouds my views but I picked LSU to win the West 2 of the last 3 years on this site...so, that argument is out the door.

I think the loss of Russell will hurt LSU a lot more then some think. I also think the fact that UF, AU come to LSU doesnt mean that much...UF beat LSU in their NC year at LSU and UT beat LSU last year in their Katrina debut with all that energy...LSU can be beat at home.

Southlink, I know you hate LSU, but how do you have us losing 3-4 games next year?

You can think my hatred for LSU clouds my views but I picked LSU to win the West 2 of the last 3 years on this site...so, that argument is out the door.

I think the loss of Russell will hurt LSU a lot more then some think. I also think the fact that UF, AU come to LSU doesnt mean that much...UF beat LSU in their NC year at LSU and UT beat LSU last year in their Katrina debut with all that energy...LSU can be beat at home.

Don't forget it taking OT to beat Ole Miss this year. At least I think it was OleMiss.

I totally agree, SL. I picked them to finish 3rd in the WEST this season..and guess what? They finished 3rd... Their "home field" advantage is not as great as they make it out to be. Russell may be good, but he's definently replaceable....and besides, Miles is still the coach there. Like SL said...LSU drops 3-4 games next year, maybe more...

yep. Man that team needs help.

Playing at LSU is not NEARLY the advantage that LSU fans want to make it out to be. Several SEC schools -- Auburn among them -- have a better overall home record and that includes the oh-so-bogus "night game at LSU" myth.

I bet many teams are glad to hear that, just not LSU. If utilized correctly, he will be a beast in the NFL. I wish him the best. :thumbsup:

Playing at LSU is not NEARLY the advantage that LSU fans want to make it out to be. Several SEC schools -- Auburn among them -- have a better overall home record and that includes the oh-so-bogus "night game at LSU" myth.

Funny LSU didn't lose a home game this year. The Home Field has proved to be the deciding factor in the Auburn-LSU series the past few years also. :lsu:

Russell going pro will hurt us, but Flynn is a very good QB and he is a lot like Matt Mauck, the OL will be better next year and K. Williams and Broussard are both going to be back next year. We will have a good running game and several good WR's to throw to.

Funny LSU didn't lose a home game this year. The Home Field has proved to be the deciding factor in the Auburn-LSU series the past few years also. :lsu:

Russell going pro will hurt us, but Flynn is a very good QB and he is a lot like Matt Mauck, the OL will be better next year and K. Williams and Broussard are both going to be back next year. We will have a good running game and several good WR's to throw to.

Hmm, just exactly who did LSu play at home this year? U-La-La, Arizona, Tulane, MSU, Kentucky, Fresno State, Alabama and Ole Miss. Yeah, it was nothing but pure home field advantage that made you undefeated at home this year... :drippingsarcasm7pa:

And Broussard was a non-entity this year. What makes you think he will improve next year?

Let me guess, you guys have Aburn finishing ahead of LSU in the west next year. :rolleyes: Sounds biased to me considering the players :au: is losing and that tough road schedule. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm already pumped about next year. :big::)

Let me guess, you guys have Aburn finishing ahead of LSU in the west next year. :rolleyes: Sounds biased to me considering the players :au: is losing and that tough road schedule. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm already pumped about next year. :big::)

I would be HIGHLY surprised if we won the West next year. But you know what at this point we all have the same record!

I would be HIGHLY surprised if we won the West next year. But you know what at this point we all have the same record!

I could see Auburn finishing 2nd in the west next year, but if you guys win it, I will have to confess that Tubby would be the best coach in the SEC.

Archived