Caller on Dunnaway and Brown re: Saban

aumd03

I was listening to Dunnaway and Brown on my way back from Mississippi on Friday and they had a caller that claimed to be a psych screener from a Huntsville area hospital and thought that Saban was obcessive compulsive.

I kinda thought it was interesting and the more I thought about it, the more I found myself agreeing. First off, I don't think she meant obcessive compulsive disorder, the one in which people will count or clean obcessively as most people know. There are things called personality disorders, in which things such as ant-social, histrionic, narcissitc. There is also one called obcessive compulsive which was formerly called anal retentive, until they changed the name a few years ago.

I think everyone has known an obcessive compulsive personality. Its the person that can only do things a certain way and thinks everyone else must do them the same way. These people are usually extremely organized and will blow a gasket if you disrupt their organization or their way of doing things. They also tend to think very highly of themselves and have special expectations of others around them. They tend to see things as very black and white rather than grey.

The things I read about Saban, how he treats other people, his expectations of recruits to not look elsewhere, his extremely rigid rules. I also think his perfectionism caused his departure from the dolphins. I think his lack of success caused him signifcant distress and due to a lack of control over the entire situation and his inability to succeed probably caused him to retreat to a situation in which he would feel more comfortable and more in control.

Dunnaway and Brown were laughing her off the air, but she denied being a football fan at all, and the more I thought about it, the more I thought she was probably right.

I was listening to Dunnaway and Brown on my way back from Mississippi on Friday and they had a caller that claimed to be a psych screener from a Huntsville area hospital and thought that Saban was obcessive compulsive.

I kinda thought it was interesting and the more I thought about it, the more I found myself agreeing. First off, I don't think she meant obcessive compulsive disorder, the one in which people will count or clean obcessively as most people know. There are things called personality disorders, in which things such as ant-social, histrionic, narcissitc. There is also one called obcessive compulsive which was formerly called anal retentive, until they changed the name a few years ago.

I think everyone has known an obcessive compulsive personality. Its the person that can only do things a certain way and thinks everyone else must do them the same way. These people are usually extremely organized and will blow a gasket if you disrupt their organization or their way of doing things. They also tend to think very highly of themselves and have special expectations of others around them. They tend to see things as very black and white rather than grey.

The things I read about Saban, how he treats other people, his expectations of recruits to not look elsewhere, his extremely rigid rules. I also think his perfectionism caused his departure from the dolphins. I think his lack of success caused him signifcant distress and due to a lack of control over the entire situation and his inability to succeed probably caused him to retreat to a situation in which he would feel more comfortable and more in control.

Dunnaway and Brown were laughing her off the air, but she denied being a football fan at all, and the more I thought about it, the more I thought she was probably right.

One word....egomaniac.

One word....egomaniac.

Saban + UAT Fan Base=Marriage made in Hell.

PT, we both know how this will likely end. THe only question is WHEN?

PT, we both know how this will likely end. THe only question is WHEN?

Might even make for an interesting poll: Why will Saban & Bama divorce?

1) He turns things around at UAT, then jumps to greener pastures.

2) He doesn't succeed quickly enough for the Bama faithful, and gets run off.

3) He stubbornly butts horns with the wrong UAT Powers-That-Be, and gets run off.

4) He offends one too many fans, staff, and/or PTB with his cold aloof attitude, and become persona-non-grata.

5) Obnoxious Bama fans make life unbearable for him and his wife, and they run for greener pastures.

6) NCAA catches him with his hands in the cookie jar, and he's fired/encouraged to leave for infractions.

7) He never can beat Auburn.

Other options? (I'd bet on a mixture of 3-5)

hmmm it's obsessive not obcessive. sorry that was bugging me

I thought it looked funny. I need a spell checker on this thing.

I think we've all known someone of this personality type. They like to be in supreme control. I'm interested to see how this all will work out because so many people will have their hands in the cookie jar.

There are certainly many facets of his personality emerging now that he has kept well hidden.

He is definitely in HUGE DENIAL about the reasons he left miami, and is still lieing about when his interest in the job began. Apparently he thinks he is a super-genius and the rest of the world believes everything he says.

Face it. He layed an egg at miami, got scared, and ran like hell. Thankfully for him the alabama dimwits were there to lead his escape with a wad of cash. I know he will be forever in their debt for at least a year or two. lol.

Archived