Saban's ESPN interview

GalensGhost

I watched his interview on ESPN with Mortensen. Here's what I took from it:

"It's not a lie, because I said it wasn't a lie. And you can trust me on that. I'm a man of integrity and character because I say I am, what others say about me doesn't matter. I am because I say I am. And you can trust me on that too. Have I ever lied to you? No, it's not a lie unless I say it's a lie. And I don't lie. If I say what I have to say that makes it not a lie. Because I said so. I'm the determining factor on what's a lie and what's not. And you can trust me on that. Because I say so and because I say I have integrity and character. And what I say is what matters. And you can trust me on that. Because I'm not lying. Because I said I'm not lying and I never lie about lying even when I lie, which I never do."

-- Slick Saban, to ESPN, January 14, 2007

Slick Satan is right at home in Tuscaloser! Living a LIE, and gettin paid! This guy is a joke, and Bama is fortunate to have him. He's a true member of the family ;)

did anyone else notice that after every point he tried to make he finished it with "aight"? Also no one ever accused saban of having anything to do with shula's dismissal, so why did he say,"i had nothing to do with mike's dismissal?" freudian slip?

I think I'm gonna need Stat to find out if anyone has used the word lie more times in such a short statement.

Bill Clinton

I think I'm gonna need Stat to find out if anyone has used the word lie more times in such a short statement.

Bill Clinton

Yeah, I guess I wasn't thinking. Didn't like him either.

Bill Clinton

In other words:

Slick Nick = Slick Willie, when it comes to integrity, character, public speaking, and all that other good stuff.

Bill Clinton

In other words:

Slick Nick = Slick Willie, when it comes to integrity, character, public speaking, and all that other good stuff.

About the only thing missing is Slick Nick going all Dubose on his secretary.

Bill Clinton

In other words:

About the only thing missing is Slick Nick going all Dubose on his secretary.

That's when Terry gives him a nutt job :cheer:

I said this in another thread.

Saban had a chance to give a reasonable explanation in front of millions on ESPN Sportscenter and clear his name to a big degree.

He flopped big time. What a bs, coach-speak answer when he shouldn't have

I watched his interview on ESPN with Mortensen. Here's what I took from it:

"It's not a lie, because I said it wasn't a lie. And you can trust me on that. I'm a man of integrity and character because I say I am, what others say about me doesn't matter. I am because I say I am. And you can trust me on that too. Have I ever lied to you? No, it's not a lie unless I say it's a lie. And I don't lie. If I say what I have to say that makes it not a lie. Because I said so. I'm the determining factor on what's a lie and what's not. And you can trust me on that. Because I say so and because I say I have integrity and character. And what I say is what matters. And you can trust me on that. Because I'm not lying. Because I said I'm not lying and I never lie about lying even when I lie, which I never do."

-- Slick Saban, to ESPN, January 14, 2007

Shakespeare was dead on. "Methinks he doth protest too much".

How bad was this interview? Even PF said CNS was full of crap, gave a :bs: answer, and screwed up a beautiful chance to come clean.

Why cant coaches just shut up?

Archived