Executive Privilege is a Dodge

TexasTiger

Evidently, the President wants to shield virtually any communications that take place within the White House compound on the theory that all such talk contributes in some way, shape or form to the continuing success and harmony of an administration. Taken to its logical extreme, that position would make it impossible for citizens to hold a chief executive accountable for anything. He would have a constitutional right to cover up.

Chances are that the courts will hurl such a claim out, but it will take time.

One gets the impression that Team Bush values its survival more than most people want justice and thus will delay without qualm. But as the clock ticks, the public's faith in Mr. Bush will ebb away for a simple reason: Most of us want no part of a president who is cynical enough to use the majesty of his office to evade the one thing he is sworn to uphold -- the rule of law.

Then why is the President releaseing so many e-mails to the press ?

Boy, the depths of your delusion knows no bottom.

I know you don't follow the actual news. Maybe you have friend who can explain it to you.

We are at war, he owes you and the dims nothing. Don't like it? Impeach him. But don't forget about all those wonderful things that you dims promised to do first. You know, the first 100 hours crap. As long as you guys continue to go after Bush this way, the American people continue to lose patience with the dims, so keep it up.

I know you don't follow the actual news. Maybe you have friend who can explain it to you.

The ACTUAL news....

Justice Department documents released.ABC News reports:

New e-mails released this evening by the Justice Department reveal the depth of White House involvement in the discussions to fire eight U.S. attorneys last year. The thousands of pages of e-mails suggest the White House was involved in the plan from the beginning.

The e-mails detail conversations about attorneys targeted for dismissal. There are no e-mails from Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, who reportedly does not use e-mail, though the Justice Department says messages show some indication that Gonzales’ former chief of staff, D. Kyle Sampson, kept the attorney general apprised.

Texas.....when you stop being such a pompous a-hole and start admitting you don't have a clue, other than your blind hatred for all things conservative, then maybe a measure of respect will be shown to you. Not until then.

The ACTUAL news....

Justice Department documents released.ABC News reports:

New e-mails released this evening by the Justice Department reveal the depth of White House involvement in the discussions to fire eight U.S. attorneys last year. The thousands of pages of e-mails suggest the White House was involved in the plan from the beginning.

The e-mails detail conversations about attorneys targeted for dismissal. There are no e-mails from Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, who reportedly does not use e-mail, though the Justice Department says messages show some indication that Gonzales’ former chief of staff, D. Kyle Sampson, kept the attorney general apprised.

Texas.....when you stop being such a pompous a-hole and start admitting you don't have a clue, then maybe a measure of respect will be shown to you. Not until then.

You don't know what "executive privilege" he is claiming, do you? You don't understand why it doesn't apply ot the AG's office, do you? Calm down and learn something. You are a long way from being respectable.

Bush actually defended Clinton and his use of EP, or had you forgotten that too ?

Wise up and learn something. You're no where near respectable.

Bush actually defended Clinton and his use of EP, or had you forgotten that too ?

Clinton's claim was BS, too. Read about the actual issue.

How about being less vague when you post threads about how much you hate Bush, how everything he's done is wrong, etc...... There's no link or reference to any " issue " , moron, thats why I replied with the Justice Dept. matter.

How about being less vague when you post threads about how much you hate Bush, how everything he's done is wrong, etc...... There's no link or reference to any " issue " , moron, thats why I replied with the Justice Dept. matter.

Executive privilege was in the title and it doesn't apply to the Justice Dept. Nothing vague about it.

Executive privilege was in the title and it doesn't apply to the Justice Dept. Nothing vague about it.

Everything was vague about it as you didn't reference EP to anything in particular.

Bush didn't invent Execuitive privilege, did he ? Oh, that must have been AlGore. My mistake B)

Everything was vague about it as you didn't reference EP to anything in particular.

at must have been AlGore. My mistake

If you had any understanding of the days events, it would have been very clear to you.

That might be part of your problem. You're too involved w/ yourself that you don't feel the need to explain - anything.

* This all could have been avoided had your initial post been more thorough. It could also have been avoided had you, upon reading MY post, seen how I was taking your comments, and you meaning something else. Right THERE, you could have stated... " my comments aren't in reference to the US Attorney firings, but something else " . But no, you instead wanted to play smug and condescending.

No wonder you're a liberal.

I saw it and knew exactly what he was referring to. Anybody who pays attention to current events knows Bush is shielding some of his staff from testifying under oath by claiming executive privilege.

Note to TexasTiger: Please keep AURaptor in mind when posting. LCD and everything.

Executive privilege has been used since Washington. Nixon claimed the Oval Office recordings were privileged also.

There would be no "questioning" if there had been no firings. The two are not unrelated. I think he's wasted enough time with this. We have a war going on and the dims still haven't done anything useful in their first 100 hours.

That might be part of your problem. You're too involved w/ yourself that you don't feel the need to explain - anything.

* This all could have been avoided had your initial post been more thorough. It could also have been avoided had you, upon reading MY post, seen how I was taking your comments, and you meaning something else. Right THERE, you could have stated... " my comments aren't in reference to the US Attorney firings, but something else " . But no, you instead wanted to play smug and condescending.

No wonder you're a liberal.

I notice how you did not dispute/disprove the merits of what I posted, so it should be safe to assume that you agree.

Archived