Richt suspends LB for entire 2007 Season

SouthLink02

Local media in Athens is reporting that redshirt freshman Akeem Hebron has been suspended through fall semester, i.e., the 2007 football season, following his second alcohol related arrest this spring.

Got arrested once for drinking at 4am in the open (during the off-season) and then again got arrested for arguing with a bouncer the other night

So, goodbye. Could have used the guy as well since our LB depth was already thin.

Joy O Joy

http://uga.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=671603

Not good news for the kid or the team but good news from a discipline standpoint!

Not good news for the kid or the team but good news from a discipline standpoint!

Ditto...Tough love works better than ice cream.

Good for Coach Richt!

:clap:

Ditto...Tough love works better than ice cream.

Ahh come on, ice cream is so good, especially with sprinkles.

Yep. No coach should ever be criticized for running a tight ship, even if it means losing a game.

Agreed. But if the Georgia Bulldogs have a worse year than last, will the Red and Black faithful agree? No mention of the suspension may come up but expectations for title contending seasons will.

Yep. No coach should ever be criticized for running a tight ship, even if it means losing a game.

Agreed. But if the Georgia Bulldogs have a worse year than last, will the Red and Black faithful agree? No mention of the suspension may come up but expectations for title contending seasons will.

So what happens when pictures of Stafford arise a month from now of him doing the same thing he was at Talladega somewhere else? What would happen if Richt suspended him for the season?

I would assume that Richt had a little sit down with Matt, and I would also assume that Matt might take to heart what he said, but then again, when I was 20 years old, I had to be told more than twice to do things too.

So what happens when pictures of Stafford arise a month from now of him doing the same thing he was at Talladega somewhere else? What would happen if Richt suspended him for the season?

I would assume that Richt had a little sit down with Matt, and I would also assume that Matt might take to heart what he said, but then again, when I was 20 years old, I had to be told more than twice to do things too.

Not sure why this was replied to my post.

The Talladega pics didn't include any evidence of Stafford actually drinking alcohol. They could be equated to a family photo with parents drinking while teenagers are around. Sure the keg lifting was stupid but doesn't merit any trouble. Assumptions are dangerous but I would also assume that Richt gave Stafford at least an evil eye about the situation.

If Stafford was busted for underage drinking, I would have to believe, after the recent suspension of the LB, that Richt would suspend him.

The Talladega pics didn't include any evidence of Stafford actually drinking alcohol. They could be equated to a family photo with parents drinking while teenagers are around. Sure the keg lifting was stupid but doesn't merit any trouble. Assumptions are dangerous but I would also assume that Richt gave Stafford at least an evil eye about the situation.

If Stafford was busted for underage drinking, I would have to believe, after the recent suspension of the LB, that Richt would suspend him.

It was more of - what would the Red and Black think if Richt tried to suspend Stafford for two strikes? Would they say good for him for discipline, or would they try to burn his house down? I understand assumptions can be dangerous, but there's no question in my mind that he's drinking in those pictures. I was in college not too long ago, and while I may not be employed by NASA, I'm not a complete fool.

Agreed. But if the Georgia Bulldogs have a worse year than last, will the Red and Black faithful agree?

Without doubt

If Stafford was busted? He was clearly 'hammered' when those pics were taken at Dega. He was passed out on the ground hugging another dude. So in your line of thinking, underage drinking is only 'wrong' when the police are involved?

Character/discipline, doing what is right when nobody is looking.

Guest Tigrinum Major

If Stafford was busted? He was clearly 'hammered' when those pics were taken at Dega. He was passed out on the ground hugging another dude. So in your line of thinking, underage drinking is only 'wrong' when the police are involved?

You can determine someone's soberity from photographs?

Law enforcement agencies want to talk to you immediately.

Obviously, someone (with a camera) was looking.

I don't know if he had been drinking or not. But if everything stupid that I ever did while sober was on film, I'd have a hard time convincing some people I wasn't on some serious drugs.

Making sweeping assumptions is dangerous.

He was passed out on the ground hugging another dude.

Not at all. He was wide awake and got down in that position as a joke. Nowhere was he "passed out"

Yes, if the police are involved in underage drinking, it is definitely wrong.

You can determine someone's soberity from photographs?

Law enforcement agencies want to talk to you immediately.

Obviously, someone (with a camera) was looking.

I don't know if he had been drinking or not. But if everything stupid that I ever did while sober was on film, I'd have a hard time convincing some people I wasn't on some serious drugs.

Making sweeping assumptions is dangerous.

I do charge law-enforcement agencies for my services.

Archived