Alright, Tell Us About Yourself

AUesquire

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 18 and I just graduated from Mountain Brook High School in Birmingham. I'm going to be a freshman at UAB in fall, but planning on transferring to Auburn after next year. I wasn't what you would call a honor student my first two years of high school(something I still regret to this day) so i'll have to wait a year until I can attend Auburn. Overall, the last two years of my life have been an interesting experience in which I have grown a lot as a person and come a long way from who I used to be. I enjoy hanging out with my friends who are a great bunch of guys who have always been there for me, playing ultimate frisbee, following sports in general(especially following the Auburn Tigers), playing the guitar, and various other things. I'm planning on getting into mountain biking which may very well bring the end of my existence. Also if anyone cares my favorite band is the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

I'm 18 and I just graduated from Mountain Brook High School in Birmingham. I'm going to be a freshman at UAB in fall, but planning on transferring to Auburn after next year. I wasn't what you would call a honor student my first two years of high school(something I still regret to this day) so i'll have to wait a year until I can attend Auburn. Overall, the last two years of my life have been an interesting experience in which I have grown a lot as a person and come a long way from who I used to be. I enjoy hanging out with my friends who are a great bunch of guys who have always been there for me, playing ultimate frisbee, following sports in general(especially following the Auburn Tigers), playing the guitar, and various other things. I'm planning on getting into mountain biking which may very well bring the end of my existence. Also if anyone cares my favorite band is the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Congrats on your graduation. As you head out into the insane asylum known as the world, take this advice along with you. Always seek out the experiences, affiliations, and friendships that will grow you as a person. These things will pay big dividends for you down the road, whether you wind up a doctor or a flight attendant. The advice really doesn't pertain to lawyering though. Those people are nothing but modern day landsharks.

So, the moral to this story is don't become a lawyer.

Congrats on your graduation. As you head out into the insane asylum known as the world, take this advice along with you. Always seek out the experiences, affiliations, and friendships that will grow you as a person. These things will pay big dividends for you down the road, whether you wind up a doctor or a flight attendant. The advice really doesn't pertain to lawyering though. Those people are nothing but modern day landsharks.

Pretty darned good advice, TIS. If it were a little shorter, it would make a great sampler.

Or peanut thrower.

What about a Buttscratcher vendor? BUTTSCRATCHER?

Guest Frank Burns

Huh? I am not a bum. I'm a jerk. I once had wealth, power, and the love of a beautiful woman. Now I only have two things: my friends and... uh... my thermos. Huh? My story? Okay. It was never easy for me. I was born a poor black child. I remember the days, sittin' on the porch with my family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi.

thats_racist.gif

....no, not really.

I'm David. AU class of 1997, BA in Criminology. Married to the most wonderful woman in the world that August. She graduated AU in 1998, with a BS in Animal Science. I worked as a police officer for the city of Opelika and for AU a total of almost 5 years. Currently work in emergency management in Lee Co.

This August will be celebrating 10 years of marriage. We have 2 beautifl kids, ages 5 (my son) and 3 (my daughter). Who both could sing the fight song at a very early age. We live in Auburn. I have been here since starting school at AU in 1992, except for us taking a short venture to KS, for a job my wife took right after graduating. It didn't work out so we came back to God's country. We are looking at moving to Nashville here in the next month or so.

HOUSE FOR SALE in Auburn, check the marketplace for details.. :big:

Several already know, the biggest story about me is that I was shot in the head while a police officer here in Opelika back in 1999. Thru God's hand was spared to be able to stay here with my wife and bring two kids into the world.

I LOVE AU football and basketball the most. But in general I love all things AU!!! I have been a Tiger ever since my sister married an AU alum. He would bring my younger brother and I to football games every fall as our birthday gift. I turned down a full scholly to Freed Hardeman U. b/c I wanted to come to AU so bad. During the fall, on Saturday's I am glued to the TV watching football. I love doing home renovation projects and we are about to venture into camping as a family.

He hates these cans!

29332061_4dc8725189.jpg

I'm going to have to go rent that movie now!! Funny stuff.

I think most here know me by now. I'm 28, divorced (with no kids, thank God), 6'2" and pushing 190lbs on a good day. I was born in Sheffield, lived in Muscle Shoals till I was 5, grew up on a small farm outside Tuscumbia where I graduated from Deshler and went to college in Florence at UNA...after I turned down Auburn because of a girl. I've been in the Army since college. Did some time at Fort Knox, KY and Fort Gordon, GA but have spent the overwhelming majority of my time at Fort Hood, TX. Have served in the 3rd Signal Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division and have been attached to such nefarious units like the 39th Infantry Brigade of the Arkansas National Guard and the 1st Marine Division out of Camp Pendleton, CA. Currently serving in the only traditional heavy cavalry regiment left in the US Army, the 3d Armored Cavalry Regiment. Been to Iraq once already and going again this November for 15 months. Hope to get assigned to Auburn ROTC when I get back or maybe get out and become a civilian again. We'll see. Currently dating an Air Force nurse who, God willing, will experience Auburn this fall before I deploy. My parents are bammers which was a source of contention growing up. Nearly disowned. I drive an '02 GT Mustang but thinking about a Porsche when I get back from Iraq or maybe something more useful like a truck...and a boat. I also like watching sunsets and taking long walks on the beach. In my spare time you can usually catch me in Austin on the weekends drinking to excess somewhere between 4th and 6th Streets. I can pilot small aircraft such as your run of the mill Cessna. I once got in trouble with Columbia (SC) Airport for executing a "combat dive" like what a P-51 would have done in WWII where they peel off from the formation towards the ground. Not a smart move directly over an international airport at 7,000 feet. I wouldn't recommend doing it. I also may or may not be close personal friends with TMajor...or Major Major...or Major Gay...or Frank Burns...or whatever the hell he's calling himself these days. Either way, an aquaintance with him is regrettable.

Guest Frank Burns

I also like watching sunsets and taking long walks on the beach.

Do you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain?

The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

I also like watching sunsets and taking long walks on the beach.

Do you like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain?

He's not into health food not sure if he has half a brain?

I'm a 24 y/o aerospace engineering senior at AU. My main passions are sports (why else would I be here) and music. I've been playing guitar and piano ever since I can remember. I'm also decent at the drums and sax, but I can't sing worth a d*mn. I"m completely obsessed with the band phish...saw them 94 times live. I've also seen Widespread Panic a bunch of times. I'm also into a lot of jazz and hard rock (just saw tool in oak mountain, which was amazing). I grew up in the auburn area (went to lee-scott academy). I love it here, but I must say that I"m ready to get out. I've also lived in Nashville, Tuscaloosa, and Birmingham doing various other things before I decided to be a rocket scientist. :) Oh, and I love tennis. I won the state championship in high school. :cheer:

I'm 21.. about to start my senior year at Auburn in Public Administration. I want to either move back to Hoover or stay in Auburn and be a police officer when I finish, and maybe do Secret Service or FBI one day. I love sports and live music. I try to come around here often but don't post as much since school has gotten really busy this past year. This is quite the entertaining place though. Auburn is my passion, always has been.

I'm 21.. about to start my senior year at Auburn in Public Administration. I want to either move back to Hoover or stay in Auburn and be a police officer when I finish, and maybe do Secret Service or FBI one day. I love sports and live music. I try to come around here often but don't post as much since school has gotten really busy this past year. This is quite the entertaining place though. Auburn is my passion, always has been.

Pelham PD starts off at $47k/yr now from what I hear, just FYI. I suggest you take, if you haven't already, some foreign language. I was a LEO in Opelika and at AU for 5 years. If you apply at Auburn, let me know, I pretty much know all of them over there.

I got my MPA at Auburn in the early 90s. I was a GTA for Dr. Griesky and taught PO201 solo for a year.

I got my MPA at Auburn in the early 90s. I was a GTA for Dr. Griesky and taught PO201 solo for a year.

i haven't had griesky yet but i hear he's a good one to have. what are you doing with your MPA now?

I am a 27 year old who works on Capitol Hill. I am married with no kids. I graduated in 2002 from Auburn with a degree in Business Administration. After my husband completes his MBA (which he starts this fall), we hope to move back south.

I grew up in northern New Jersey and I only applied to Auburn because my girlfriend did. That being said I'm so happy there and have met a lot of good people.

I am a 21 year old Wireless Engineering and Discrete Math student at Auburn. I am an Eagle Scout. I'm loving my time on the plains and I'm trying to figure out ways to avoid graduation.

In the future I aspire to either be a weapons systems engineer with the government (any command) or the national security sector (CIA/NSA) although that is a bit of a stretch.

If anyone in the national security sector would like my resume` I will gladly send it along :-D.

Auburn was the best thing that every happened to me and I love it!

Archived