Alright, Tell Us About Yourself

AUesquire

A couple of years ago, there was a thread started asking everyone's age. That went on for quite a while and it was cool to see how old everyone was and get a better feel for who you were going back and forth with. There was also one started about work etc. Time to update your bio for AUNation. Let's hear about who you are. Don't have to give your name or any personal info if you don't want to. Whatever you want everyone else to know about you. I'll start (Well, since I started the freakin' thread, that seems logical)

I'm an attorney in Dothan. Married a Dothan girl I met at Auburn and this June will be our 23rd anniversary. Two kids. 1 girl - 16 and 1 boy - 6.

I graduated from Jeff Davis in Montgomery, where I grew up. (Not the same school now) I spend waaaaaayyy too much time on this site but this has become one of my hobbies, passions, fetishes or what have you. I've met some incredibly cool people through this site (And I met TMajor too) And one thing I noticed is that a lot of folks are much different in person and aren't what you perceive from going back and forth in a chat room. That's why the picture thread is so cool to me.

I mean sure, even though I'm about 6'4" 240 with flowing locks of golden blonde hair, tan like George Hamilton and ripped to shreds, some people don't turn out to be what you think when you meet em'. :big:

Updates please....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool.

I'm 44, and a marketing consultant/hired gun for clients in Alabama, Florida, Tennessee, Indiana, Washington DC, Maryland, and Connecticut. My clients include defense, banking, hospitals, eldercare, government, and manufacturers. Specifically, I help with posltioning, branding, and long-term strategic planning.

I'm married to a CPA (It's a left-brain/right-brain marriage) and live in Mountain Brook. We have three kids, 12, 10, and 8. When I'm not consulting, I'm writing my books, biking, working around the house, and shuttling kids to violin, Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, baseball, volleyball, soccer, dance, and church, where I serve on the vestry.

My other hobby include learning to sail, reading, and playing the drums. Hopefully, I get my bareboat license in the fall.

I went to high school at Vestavia, but went to Birmingham-Southern (sorry guys...I wanted to go to Auburn, but had to take the scholarship) and majored in English.

I've sailed in the Caribbean, run three political campaigns (never doing it again), driven a car on the embankment at Talladega, played snare drum in a drum and bugle corps, played in a band, scuba dove, swam with sperm whales, and bungee jumped off a bridge in New Zealand.

We hope to retire in 10 years, move onto our boat, and sail around the world.

I'm 5'11 brown hair, hazel eyes, 165 pounds soaking wet. I dated a girl for a while who could do a perfect imitation of a running chainsaw.

I'm Master of the Universe!!!!!!

kidding...

Actually, I'm 31, engaged to a beautiful 25 year old mother of one...... and I'm shamefully sunburned after golf today (ran out of sunscreen of course). I'm an 8 handicap, and worked at Edwin Watts for years before getting into the steel business. Worked for a few years as an "inside" regional sales manager for a Southeastern based steel framing manufacturer (it was MY sale of steel that went into the new Players Championship Clubhouse at TPC Sawgrass :thumbsup: ). Through a little hardwork, and a few well timed referrals...an opportunity came my way to get outside, and become a Regional Manager for a steel fabricator that caters to the brick industry. I cover four states, and travel 3 to 4 nights a week.

Former AF at Maxwell AFB (94-98 42nd Medical Group) in Montgomery, which ultimately brought me to the area. Originally from Macon, GA.

I'm about 5-8, 220 lbs, built like a fire hydrant, and have the jumping ability of a safe. B)

I guess I'm just a straight forward kind of guy, which makes some of my posts very direct and abrasive sometimes, but I enjoy reading from day to day. I'll step out there with post or two occassionaly, but I'm not sure I'll ever be a 3K+ post club member.

So....there you have it! A brief insight into auburnchopper1's world.

Take care! B)

my name is seth, i am 24 years old. i live in elberta, al which is about 10 minutes from foley and about 20 minutes from gulf shores. i work full time at our local winn-dixie as the front-end manager. i have been there for about 7½ years. i am responsible for overall operations on the front-end. keeping the office girls in line, keeping the books in line, scheduling, etc etc. pretty much running the office/money/bookkeeping side of the store. i am also the assistant chief in our town's fire department. i have been there almost 8 years now. i am responsible for pretty much the day to day operations and decisions for the department, and i also run our bi-annual fundraiser that brings in about $80k a year. i am also responsible for new technology and specing new apparatus (currently working out specs for a new $500k tanker/pumper)and other equipment.

i am not married, however i do have a 17 month old son named morgan. his mother and i are no longer together, and i am currently dating a girl for the past 6+ months.

i enjoy the fire service, anything challenging, boating, and anything to get an adrenaline rush.

I'm Master of the Universe!!!!!!

kidding...

Actually, I'm 31, engaged to a beautiful 25 year old mother of one...... and I'm shamefully sunburned after golf today (ran out of sunscreen of course). I'm an 8 handicap, and worked at Edwin Watts for years before getting into the steel business. Worked for a few years as an "inside" regional sales manager for a Southeastern based steel framing manufacturer (it was MY sale of steel that went into the new Players Championship Clubhouse at TPC Sawgrass :thumbsup: ). Through a little hardwork, and a few well timed referrals...an opportunity came my way to get outside, and become a Regional Manager for a steel fabricator that caters to the brick industry. I cover four states, and travel 3 to 4 nights a week.

Former AF at Maxwell AFB (94-98 42nd Medical Group) in Montgomery, which ultimately brought me to the area. Originally from Macon, GA.

I'm about 5-8, 220 lbs, built like a fire hydrant, and have the jumping ability of a safe. B)

I guess I'm just a straight forward kind of guy, which makes some of my posts very direct and abrasive sometimes, but I enjoy reading from day to day. I'll step out there with post or two occassionaly, but I'm not sure I'll ever be a 3K+ post club member.

So....there you have it! A brief insight into auburnchopper1's world.

Take care! B)

Last year I went to Talladega with a couple of buds, one of which is in sales with Qualico Steel down here in Dothan. As we approached the gate, we looked up at the grand stand and saw literally hundreds of yards of stands from the back with tons and tons of steel holding it all together. The guy with Qualico said something very profound as we looked up in amazement at this structure.

"And to think, that job went to the lowest bidder"

Hmmmmmm....

Honestly...he might have been correct, but I've found more customers, and potential buyers, are looking for a good deal, while more importantly, ensuring they find a provider that WILL, withOUT fail, get them the material they need, when they need it.

I'm familiar with QSI. Good company. In tight with a bunch of people down there. :)

Honestly...he might have been correct, but I've found more customers, and potential buyers, are looking for a good deal, while more importantly, ensuring they find a provider that WILL, withOUT fail, get them the material they need, when they need it.

I'm familiar with QSI. Good company. In tight with a bunch of people down there. :)

Have your people call my people. We'll do lunch.

RWS, so you're near Perdido Bay. Cool. Spent many of my summers as a kid down there. Last time I was actually at Perdido was after a hurricane in 98'. Working with an insurance company at that time and had to total out a few houses. Beautiful, natural place.

I'm 26 yrs old..i grew up in Alexander City, AL and went to Auburn in Fall 1999 then moved to Nashville a couple years after starting Auburn and studied some music business. Then came back to Auburn finished my degree in May 2005 in Music Education. Taught school for a year in Phenix City. Over the past year have moved to Virginia and back and am now involved in threee or four different things. I am a musician and have a CD coming out in a couple weeks. I play around the southeast a good bit. www.johnclaybrook.com. I am also owner/founder of a promotions and productions agency for unsigned christian bands and speakers. I also continue to teach school in my spare time.

Feel free to check out the website and pre order a cd if you want.

Well, do enough research on my past posts and you'll see that over time I've admitted to being a 53-yr-old divorced heterosexual male, a Auburn grad from the '70's who also later served time in Tuscaloosa for graduate school, and yeah, a "pinko bleeding heart" college professor in the natural sciences. I may also have mentioned that I'm a preacher's son and live in a small town--if not, there's some new info for you.

Beyond that, I'm paranoid enough about Internet exposure and/or treasure my anonymity enough to avoid giving some lunatic a chance of stalking me. Heck, I sometimes worry when the new phonebook comes out lest some psycho with a gun decides he "hates my cans". [but at least my dog's name isn't $**thead! :big: ]

Cat juggling! :puke:

I'm 19 and just completed my freshman year at Alabama. I graduated from Andalusia High School in '06.

Hobbies? Mainly sports and following politics.

I'm 28 and an engineer for a NASA contractor in Huntsville working on the Ares I Crew Launch Vehicle (Shuttle Replacement). After graduation from Auburn in 2000 I worked in Marietta, GA at Lockheed on the F-22 Raptor for 5 and a half years and on the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter for a year and a half before I called it quits on the traffic and the 60 hour weeks.

I'm married to a fellow Auburn alum (accountant) who is now a stay at home mom with our 20 month old daughter. We are currently acting as our own contractor on a house outside Huntsville.

I'm a typical engineer, have terrible vision, dress badly, overweight, addicted to caffeine, and going bald. I'm just living the dream!

P.S. Great thread, but why is it in the rivals forum?

I enjoy skinny skiing and going to bullfights on acid.

I'm with the mattress police.

I was the bomb in Phantoms, yo.

I own two lumber yards. I'm not quite sure where they are, though.

I'm Mai Lin's adopted son, Manny, the veterinarian.

I'm a 29 year old lawyer/developer in Destin, FL. Auburn grad, class of '99.

Ok, I'm game.

34 years old, Auburn '97 with a degree in MIS. Married to a 30 year old Auburn Alum, with a degree in Education. I'm a consultant for a firm that installs PeopleSoft at Higher Ed clients. We live in the IL side of St Louis, but I travel full time. My wife is a 5th grade teacher at the local school.

We have a 2 year old daughter.

I grew up in New Orleans, but my dad's side of the family is originally from Hamilton, AL. Growing up, I'd spend summers there, and learned a deep hatred for all things University of Alabama related from my Grandfather. My dad went to Auburn for his BS and MS ('67 and '73), so when it came time to pick colleges, there was only one real choice, Auburn. Although I applied to Notre Dame as well, I've always known I was going to go to Auburn.

My hobbies include playing video/computer games in my spare time, and following Auburn sports and the St Louis pro sports (except the Rams, I'm a Saints fan). I enjoy working on classic British sports car with my dad, when I'm able to get back down to LA to help him. He has a 1963 Austin-Healey and a 1972 MGB. And I drive a 2007 Ford Mustang.

Hi everyone! I just finished my senior year at Auburn, and I'm getting ready for my first semester as a 5th year in the fall. I'm majoring in Laboratory & Medical Technologies, but I'm applying for pharmacy school in about a month. I was a member of the first and only 2005-2006 Auburn All-Girls Cheerleading Squad. I've been an Auburn fan all my life, and didn't apply anywhere else.

I graduated high school from Dalton High School. My high school mascot was a Catamount (I'm pretty sure we were the only high school in the nation with that mascot) I'm from Dalton, Georgia. Yes, I'm from "that carpet place off of I-75". I'm almost willing to bet that your carpet in your home was made in Dalton or one of the surrounding towns.

I'm the oldest of three girls. And I have an amazing mother who raised me and my sisters by herself, worked part time jobs, and went to school full time to help make our lives better. I have an amazing boyfriend who is leaving for Iraq in September. He leaves for training in North Carolina on the 24th of this month, and won't be back until the week before he leaves for vacation.

Ok...that's all!

I have an amazing boyfriend who is leaving for Iraq in September. He leaves for training in North Carolina on the 24th of this month, and won't be back until the week before he leaves for vacation.

And, you should add that he is a man of great intelligence, as evident of his choice in Fraternities.

I'll play:

Auburn class of 1969. (Yeah I'm, like, OLD!) Degree in Agriculture. Stayed on the staff at AU for seven years post-grad doing Ag. research, then moved on to more profitible ventures.

Retired now and lovin' it. Wife is all-Auburn, retired nurse, son is Auburn class of '97.

Hi, my name is Scott. I was born and still live in the Greater Birmingham Area, Trussville to be exact. I am a 2000 graduate of the Social & Behavioral Sciences program at UAB, and I am currently getting my paperwork together to seek my Masters Degree from Auburn; hopefully in the near future.

People say I look exactly like Tom Cruise in his Top Gun days, or is it Penelope Cruz? I forget which.

I am married to an Accountant and have a 5 year old future baseball Hall of Famer. We are All Auburn, All Orange (and Blue).

I currently work in local Gubmint. <insert joke here>

47 year old, married (2nd), I have 2 year old (my first, I'm tired). I've owned a t-shirt /sign business in Pell City for 17 years and employ 4 people. I have 2 horses & 3 cats, my 14 year old boxer passed away last summer and we're waiting to get another dog when the boy gets a little older. My dad is an Auburn graduate master of Agriculture so I spent my first 3 years in a basement apt in AU. I have an art degree from JSU (a girl drew me there and $$) the wife has her MS from there also. I've been a whitewater canoe'er for 17 years so we camp a lot in our 1960 restored airstream overlander. We also go to music festival, bluegrass and jam band. Me and some friends have had a band for 6 years, we do original music with some covers but mostly practice and drink beer. 6' - 215, long hair in a ponytail

I'll play...again.

Most around here know my story...a native New Yorker, who has "Seen the Light".

Love all things Blue & Orange.

45 yr old Mom of a 5 yr old Boy. ( Not TMI David ;) )

Married 10 years to one of the great Auburn grads.

Work for a gov't Contractor in Huntsville for about 6 years.

Love to camp, have an 80 something Airstream parked at a camp ground on Lake Guntersville. We move it down to Lake Martin for football season.

Heading to Disney in 10 days for a week. :big:

32 year old graduate of Auburn ( 98 ) , Animal Science Pre Vet degree, never went on to vet school, came home to Cullman after a stint in Colorado , Skiing for a year and working for the National Park Service, and began running my fathers Automotive business. I am married and have 3 children ( 2 Stepsons and 1 daughter they are 11, 7, and 8 months respectively ) I spend my time shuffling kids back and forth to the local ball fields,I coach my 7 year olds baseball team, and spend my weekends either watching football or going to baseball tournaments for my 11 year old who plays on a travel baseball team. I graduated from Cullman high school in 1993 and went to Wallace flight school for one year before moving to Auburn. I was a Gentilly Trailer Park Rat. Hung out at the Strutting Duck and other similar bars in Auburn usually following and helping my friends that had a small band, Gabe and Curtis, it was a country band! I play Golf when I have free time and run and go to the gym every chance I get. I weigh in at 5'11' 190 lbs with brown hair and blue eyes, and the only thing that is ripped about me is my jeans!

33 year old dad of a 2 year old.

Married for 7 years.

Program Manager for DOD contractor @ Redstone.

Sports and general contracting are my hobbies.

AU season ticket holder for the past 4years.

I noticed several giving the height, weight, hair and eye-color stats.

I hope the dripping sarcasm was obvious to everyone in my post about blonde, flowing locks, tanned, ripped etc.

I mean come on....I'm really not that tan. B)

I noticed several giving the height, weight, hair and eye-color stats.

I hope the dripping sarcasm was obvious to everyone in my post about blonde, flowing locks, tanned, ripped etc.

I mean come on....I'm really not that tan. B)

I hear he really isn't all that gay anymore either.

Archived