HOUSTON - Murder Capital of Texas

Houston's homicide rate surpassed Dallas' in 2006 for the first time in more than a decade and is now the second-highest among the nation's largest cities, according to figures released Monday by the FBI.

Houstonians were killed at a rate of 18.2 per 100,000 residents last year, a number that had gone unmatched since 1995 when the FBI began posting crime statistics online. Dallas' homicide rate was higher than Houston's in all of the previous 11 years.

The two cities' homicide rates were almost identical last year. But Houston's rate increased nearly 12 percent as Dallas' rate declined more than 8 percent. Houston has seen an uptick in homicides since more than 100,000 Louisiana residents fled to the city after Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

Only Philadelphia now has a higher homicide rate than Houston on the list of the nation's 10 largest cities. San Antonio ranks seventh on the list, while Dallas is fifth.

Linkage

:angry::angry:

Houston has seen an uptick in homicides since more than 100,000 Louisiana residents fled to the city after Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

Bingo! Round them up and send 'em back!

Houston has seen an uptick in homicides since more than 100,000 Louisiana residents fled to the city after Hurricane Katrina in 2005.

Bingo! Round them up and send 'em back!

Yeah, it's not like you get them confused with the Mexicans you already round up and send back. :blink:

And before I get bashed for bashing the dregs of society that washed up in Houston, I heard on the radio this morning that 74 of the 376 murders last year were directly related to Katrina people. Remove those 74 and Houston's murder rate drops to below the previous year's number. So don't tell me that we haven't been impacted - no good deed goes unpunished...

I know some people think it not politically correct to call a strike a strike, but looking at the crime rate increases from cities that opened themselves up to the refugees compared to the decrease in New Orleans there is only 1 common factor.

I wonder if FEMA is still paying for hotel rooms?

Archived