Lack of Integrity at Auburn

genuinelsutiger

Here's what was said about Alabama/LSU

The Southeastern Conference's supervisor of officials said an LSU player should have been called for pass interference in a pivotal third-quarter interception against Alabama. Side judge Blake Parks didn't call a penalty when Corey Webster picked off a pass in the end zone after pushing down receiver Keith Brown.

"Let's just report it as I'd rather it have been called," said Bobby Gaston, who oversees SEC officials.

Gaston said planned to call coach Mike Shula to apologize.

Even though it's Bammer; it has to be the most embarrassing no call of this decade.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tigrinum Major

The Southeastern Conference's supervisor of officials said an LSU player should have been called for pass interference in a pivotal third-quarter interception against Alabama. Side judge Blake Parks didn't call a penalty when Corey Webster picked off a pass in the end zone after pushing down receiver Keith Brown.

"Let's just report it as I'd rather it have been called," said Bobby Gaston, who oversees SEC officials.

Even though it's Bammer; it has to be the most embarrassing no call of this decade.

Not so. Look at the replay again. Corey Webster has his hands on Brown, but doesn't extend his arms and shove Brown out of the way. Brown gets tangled up in a purple haze and falls more on his own than anything Corey Webster did.

Should it have been called? Probably. The fact that Brown fell was a pretty good indication that something happened. Was it as blatant as some of you like to make it out to be? Hell, no.

Not so. Look at the replay again. Corey Webster has his hands on Brown, but doesn't extend his arms and shove Brown out of the way. Brown gets tangled up in a purple haze and falls more on his own than anything Corey Webster did.

Should it have been called? Probably. The fact that Brown fell was a pretty good indication that something happened. Was it as blatant as some of you like to make it out to be? Hell, no.

Drugs are bad.

Im not sure how SEC ref calls have anything to do with Auburns integrity. Seriously. If the calls that went against Auburn caused us to lose the game then we wouldn't cry.

Sometimes the refs get it wrong and someitmes they get it right but not in your favor. Get over it.

When you spend so much time looking back and saying, if it wasn't for X we would have won, you lose sight of the fact that you let the game get to the point where that call won or lost you the game.

Last season Michigan lost to Ohio state durning a late game comeback, one call seperated michigan from the ball and another shot at winning. It wen't against Michigan. There were tons of little things that happened that could have swayed the game either way. Who cares. In the end Ohio State won that game because it put itself into position to win. Case closed.

Same as Auburn LSU 2006. Auburn won. No one cheated. Game over.

There used to be a video of the missed call in the Bama vs LSU game on youtube, but it seems they may have taken it down.

Anyways, that call was blatanly missed. If the SEC supervisor of officials has to issue an apology due to a missed call then obviously it wasn't "just another case of a regular mis-hap." Had the tables turned and that was Auburn instead of Bama, we'd be screaming left and right about the "blatant" missed call.

Guest Tigrinum Major

There used to be a video of the missed call in the Bama vs LSU game on youtube, but it seems they may have taken it down.

Anyways, that call was blatanly missed. If the SEC supervisor of officials has to issue an apology due to a missed call then obviously it wasn't "just another case of a regular mis-hap." Had the tables turned and that was Auburn instead of Bama, we'd be screaming left and right about the "blatant" missed call.

Perspective and bias certainly play a part in my opinion.

First off let me just say this, if a similar thing happens to Auburn where we think that we got screwed out of a game by referees in a close game, lets not stoop to that level of whining for the referees to help us out, especially after 9 months since the game was played, when Auburn loses we lose, no excuses, we say good game and that's it. This has always been my policy and that will never change because whining about what could've been or should have been will never do anything to help the situation.

Second, after the game was played we all know that the referees reviewed the game and that play, and came to the determination that it was the right call, as the ball was uncatchable anyways and if you look at the video the LSU players momentum was carrying him in a way that there was no way he would've been able to possibly even reach that ball, not to mention the ball was tipped before it even got to him, What Gilbert was doing in that play was really irrelevant, as even if he had of been standing 100 feet away there's no way that receiver would've had the opportunity to catch that ball as it was deflected.

There was only one call in that game that I can say for sure LSU got robbed on, and that was pass into the endzone where David Irons was basically all over the receiver, Irons had got burnt on the play then sprinted, got to the back of the taller receiver and then held him out of the referee's clear view on what probably would've been an LSU touchdown, even still you can't count on referees to be able to see everything, and Irons knew it on that play as if he was just trying to interfere with the receiver he would've done it from the front of the receiver, but knowing that by being at the back of the receiver he would be able to shield the view of his interference he was able to get away with it, without even drawing the penalty flag, isn't that more just a player's skill than a referee's fault?

Not to mention there was another no-call interference that actually went against Auburn, I've just lost the video of it, (maybe one of you can find it) as I generally wouldn't think that I would need it 9 months after we had already won the game?

The funniest part about all of this is that any school's fans with any sort of integrity would've said good game, took the loss, and moved on-not piddling fun at our 2004 campaign going "neeneeneener you don't got a national title", but as been seen on numerous occasions many LSU fans are devoid of that sort of good character, i.e. (Auburn vehicles being set on fire in Baton Rouge, Tuberville's family van being shook, and then last year there was an incident of some LSU fans spraying beer all over the fans and kids at Tiger Walk). You can say all you want about "that's just 1% of our fans", or we're not really like that, but when you show such poor sportsmanship in continually whining about everything that doesn't go your way and then taking it as an opportunity to take cheapshots at our fans and our school, I believe I have a reason to state why LSU is the epitome of "lack of integrity".

I'm constantly amazed at how some LSU fans, whose school played and won the BCS title game w/o going undefeated within the last 5 years - in their home state - can whine about a bloody pass interference call. What do they care? Geez, I'd rather have a shot at the national title over a couple of iffy calls.

The dopest thing that I have ever heard about that rad game was that the refs were too legit to quit! :poke:

Hey for any of you looking for something on youtube to get you fired up about football season, look no further than the video of Auburn sacking Dave Grohl...uh I mean Brodie Croyle like a bag of groceries! That one gets me fired up, not a non call video! :cheer:

We got screwed against Georgia in David Greene's senior year. His receiver climbed the back of the DB who was in position for the pick and pushed him to the ground.

We're not still obsessing about that all these years later. You don't see AU fans making YouTube memorials to it or going to Georgia boards and whining. The game is over. What happened happened.

It was a game AU should have won but didn't. That call allowed the winning score, but there were a hundred other plays that could have gone differently.

We got screwed against Georgia in David Greene's senior year. His receiver climbed the back of the DB who was in position for the pick and pushed him to the ground.

We're not still obsessing about that all these years later. You don't see AU fans making YouTube memorials to it or going to Georgia boards and whining. The game is over. What happened happened.

It was a game AU should have won but didn't. That call allowed the winning score, but there were a hundred other plays that could have gone differently.

Bingo...ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.

Bingo...ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.

Not with LSU fans, they are still whining about a facemask call in the 1979 USC game.

Archived