Take Two

WAR EAGLE!!!

Boy BG, aren't you glad I was traveling and busy all day before I saw this bowl of stagnant rotten toe cheese... :rolleyes:

I love after the whole "Mike Shula's" well documented silence, when it came to discipline after the whole Marijuana Simpson episode, that you still find it hard to believe us silly ol' Aubs are over here egregiously ho-hawing at Alabama's expense when your new and revered new coach puts on the same proverbial dirty socks.

Asked if suspensions were in order, Saban said, "Did I say that?"

"It is what it is. When we have a player issue, it will not become public, how I handle it. But if they don't respond (to the punishment), we might have to question whether they should have the opportunity to represent the University. But they'll have the opportunity to prove it one way or another."

You asked if "maybe we should wait till the kids are punished before we pass judgement"... I say NO SIR! He's already opened the door to this reaction by implying that they're just simple doing some extra chores and "things" instead of answering to the letter of the law. It's JAIL TIME for you and me tiger, if we did these things. No questions asked!

Seriously...I think Satan, I mean Saban, has made it clear that he will continue the trend that has made him so popular with the media so far. Shutting them out. The media LOVES that. He will continue the trend that got Mike Shula in hot water before.....because it worked out so well for him in the public eye as well.

BG, I think what needs to happen here, is a little self-awareness and deep breath taking on your part. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

The media will be much like a jilted girlfriend when shut out and ignored after being done wrong.... They will get nasty, and they will talk....a lot. So be prepared to see a lot of "discussion" about your new HC. Be prepared for us "jerks" to continue to really put it to him on THIS forum.

You'll need to get used to this, or frankly, I'm going to enjoy watching your head explode from all the baseless, useless, gas passing YOU call debate.

We love ya man! Just want to help!

Keep your chin up buddy! :thumbsup:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still crickets from the bammers?

Besides those two incredibly weak arguments BG attempted to make?

Still formulating an excuse?

like i said before, resisting is a big no-no in my book. if everything is truly as reported that Deaderick did, i am disappointed that he is not off the team. as for the disorderly conduct charges, i would hope those get dealt with. albeit they are not really big charges, they still need to be dealt with. i am a little interested to see what CNS is talking about though....

There is either one of two things that have happened here:

1) Saban is not the strict disciplinarian of a footbal coach that everyone thought. Bama fans were wrong when they thought Saban was going to come in and instill a sense of pride back in the program by not only winning, but winning with a hard nosed, disciplined football team.

OR

2) Saban is starting to feel the pressure BIG TIME. Saban sees that he is way behind with the talent that he currently has at Bama and simply can not afford to suspend ANY player, even a back up. He knows that the bench is short stacked to start, and he is scared that if he does suspend someone and then it comes back to haunt him by a starter getting hurt and no one to fall back on, he is in trouble.

I personally see Bama starting 1-2 this year and 0-2 in the SEC. I think Bama gets beat by both Vandy and Arkansas and Saban might feel that way too. Help from any player, criminal rap sheet or not, that may help Bama from starting 1-2, is worth a little flac to Saban right now.

Why don't you guys wait until the players actually get punished before you accuse Saban of being soft?

It is not our way or the way of our people.

TM throws the heat...looked like about 98 MPH.

Why don't you guys wait until the players actually get punished before you accuse Saban of being soft?

Looks like business as usual in T-Town. What's the old saying "the more things change, the more they stay the same." I think that fits in this situation.

Kind of like fans who think it's their RIGHT to know the business of the inner workings of football programs? Or fans who think it's their business to make 18 year old kids' business their own...

This proves it.

BG = IDIOT

The reason it should be made public is to show as a coach you mean business and it sends a message to the other players not to let it happen to them. It has a much broader affect with the rest of the team if the punishment is made public. Your program has no credibility in this category or any possibly any other at this point whether the UAT fan base sees it or not.

I am looking forward to UAT's sub par season and 6 in a row!! :moon:

WDE!! :au:

Shane accepts a job as a farmhand, but finds Starrett's young son Joey drawn to him for his strength and skill with a gun.

Isn't this how Brokeback Mountain got started?

There is either one of two things that have happened here:

1) Saban is not the strict disciplinarian of a footbal coach that everyone thought. Bama fans were wrong when they thought Saban was going to come in and instill a sense of pride back in the program by not only winning, but winning with a hard nosed, disciplined football team.

OR

2) Saban is starting to feel the pressure BIG TIME. Saban sees that he is way behind with the talent that he currently has at Bama and simply can not afford to suspend ANY player, even a back up. He knows that the bench is short stacked to start, and he is scared that if he does suspend someone and then it comes back to haunt him by a starter getting hurt and no one to fall back on, he is in trouble.

I personally see Bama starting 1-2 this year and 0-2 in the SEC. I think Bama gets beat by both Vandy and Arkansas and Saban might feel that way too. Help from any player, criminal rap sheet or not, that may help Bama from starting 1-2, is worth a little flac to Saban right now.

I'm thinking 3) All of the above.

Scarbinsky chimes in:

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/ks...&thispage=1

Hey, Simeon Castille. Just between us. About your three teammates. The ones that got busted two weeks ago after a disagreement outside that Tuscaloosa bar.

What are Brandon Deaderick, Roy Upchurch and Brandon Fanney doing to atone for their alleged sins? And never mind the legal system. What price are they paying to the program?

Are they waking at dawn, taking stadium steps, making more pizzas than Domino's?

It's the question everyone's been asking since the arrests came to light. What sentence did Judge Kennesaw Mountain Saban hand down?

"I don't know what they're doing," Castille said.

Apparently it's such a private matter that even the rest of team is in the dark. How do you set an example for the other players if they don't even know what the punishment is?
To Saban's credit, he's not going to let the question of possible suspensions for Deaderick, Upchurch and Fanney linger as Shula did with Juwan Simpson last year.

Saban said the three players in question "have been given things they need to do, and they're doing them."

Unpleasant things, no doubt.

If they keep doing those things, he said, they won't be suspended.

So suspension isn't on the table as of now...

If Roy Upchurch gets a chance to carry the ball in the Iron Bowl, I hope Tray Blackmon makes him wish he had been suspended that day. Too bad Deaderick plays defense and probably won't have the opportunity to encounter Mr. Blackmon on the field.

This is the first time I have heard Bama fans quiet on a subject. I wonder why that is........

It's because this is Bama football. :roflol::roflol:

Scarbinsky chimes in:

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/ks...&thispage=1

Hey, Simeon Castille. Just between us. About your three teammates. The ones that got busted two weeks ago after a disagreement outside that Tuscaloosa bar.

What are Brandon Deaderick, Roy Upchurch and Brandon Fanney doing to atone for their alleged sins? And never mind the legal system. What price are they paying to the program?

Are they waking at dawn, taking stadium steps, making more pizzas than Domino's?

It's the question everyone's been asking since the arrests came to light. What sentence did Judge Kennesaw Mountain Saban hand down?

"I don't know what they're doing," Castille said.

Apparently it's such a private matter that even the rest of team is in the dark. How do you set an example for the other players if they don't even know what the punishment is?
To Saban's credit, he's not going to let the question of possible suspensions for Deaderick, Upchurch and Fanney linger as Shula did with Juwan Simpson last year.

Saban said the three players in question "have been given things they need to do, and they're doing them."

Unpleasant things, no doubt.

If they keep doing those things, he said, they won't be suspended.

So suspension isn't on the table as of now...

If Roy Upchurch gets a chance to carry the ball in the Iron Bowl, I hope Tray Blackmon makes him wish he had been suspended that day. Too bad Deaderick plays defense and probably won't have the opportunity to encounter Mr. Blackmon on the field.

Well said!

So these guys should be punished in July...before we even know what the findings of the legal system are? You don't know if they are going to be suspended or not. It's JULY.

You guys are funny.

Why not, resisting arrest for the one player should have him kicked off the field. Absolutely.

The other two I can see internal punishment being a method to try. Nothing being done publicly is not a good thing. I would be ashamed of my coach if he didn't make an example out of the kid that was given 4 seperate violations.

Theres a difference between drinking, getting in a fight with other people, speeding, not attending class, and fighting cops. :poke:

So these guys should be punished in July...before we even know what the findings of the legal system are? You don't know if they are going to be suspended or not. It's JULY.

You guys are funny.

No you’re the one that's funny. Everything you guys bashed Shula for (discipline wise) you’re applauding and defending Saban for doing the same thing. You guys all said that Shula taking a relax effort in discipline killed your season last year but yet you defend Saban for the same thing?

Bama fans = the biggest hypocrites in the world. Take a side and stay on it.

You guys are funny.

No you’re the one that's funny. Everything you guys bashed Shula for (discipline wise) you’re applauding and defending Saban for doing the same thing. You guys all said that Shula taking a relax effort in discipline killed your season last year but yet you defend Saban for the same thing?

For the record, he defended Shula with the same BS after he had the 10 game winning season, and then when he went 6-6, he changed his stance and started bashing him for it.

You guys are funny.

No, Matt. Keep in mind, that was only after he was fired and was thus an easy scapegoat for their crappy season.

"Coach Saban is kinda tricky," Castille continued. "Sometimes, he looks like he would doggone near kill you for messing up a play, and other times he's just a happy-go-lucky guy. He kinda has two sides to him."

You mean Nick Saban is not the robo coach, ninja recruiter, death-to-all-infidels executioner he's made out to be 24/7? You mean he didn't jet back from the lake and hand those three guys a one-way ticket out of town?

:roflol::roflol::roflol:

not cooperating with the police is a major,MAJOR NO-NO, if this would have happened in New Orleans these kids

would have gotten the beating of their lives. one of my friends was arrested down there after a misunderstanding, one of my friends asked the officer where he would be taken so we could post bail, after tapping the officer on the shoulder, big mistake, he was also arrested. these kids are in big trouble, if they played anywhere else they would have to worry. it will be the same old ending. ICE CREAM FOR EVERYONE!!!! B) CANNOT WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START! THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!!!!!!! :cheer:

BG: What is different about Saban than Shula?

Did you or did you not defend Shula EXACTLY THIS SAME WAY before he was ultimately fired and he was an easy target for all of your typical excuses.

As recent as last week your opinion for why your football team has been a joke was exclusively because of Shula's poor discipline practices. Remember, he's a good X's and O's guy, he just let the kids walk all over him.

You retroactively admitted that your previous position was wrong that handling things "in house" was sufficient punishment. That's easy to say when you're pinning your losses on the official scapegoat of the bammer talking points. Now THE EXACT SAME THING IS HAPPENING ONE YEAR LATER under, guess who? Nick Savior.

Suddenly this method is ok again?

Tell me, how is this in any way different from Shula's method of punishment, and why is it that you now expect ungodly changes for the better to your program with Saban at the helm?

So these guys should be punished in July...before we even know what the findings of the legal system are?

Yes. It's pretty clear there was enough wrong doing known by law enforcement. The physical fight with law enforcement should be enough alone to announce a suspension.

Does Satan, I mean, Saban, find it necessesary to wait till the legal documentation backs up a suspension?

This the same crap that you and the other Bammers loathed Mike Shula for, but now, all the sudden since it's Satan, I mean, Saban, it's okay....because he's Satan, I mean Saban.

So, yes, here on THE AUBURN FORUM, we're laughing and calling out these facts. No Judge passing sentence necessary.

You don't know if they are going to be suspended or not.

Nope, and if Satan, I mean Saban has his way, nobody will know...they'll just either play or not play...but I think we all know the "probable" outcome of that choice.... :rolleyes:

It's JULY.

Why yes....yes it is July. Is this no suspension month? Is Tuscaloosa law enforcement running a discounted way of handling these types of CRIMES in July???

You're here...in JULY......talking about with us....so...uh....what's the point?

You guys are funny.

Yeah....we know! :P:thumbsup:

When Bama won 10 games, they had recovered from probation and they were ready to play football. Then the next season, the probation effect became apparent again. And now more ice cream parties!?!?!

I don't think Shula was stern enough on discipline. But I had no problem with him no announcing to the world what the punishments were. IT'S NONE OF YOUR GOSHDARN BUSINESS.

I'm so sick you people thinking that Nick Saban, CTT, or ANYBODY owes you an explanation of how they handle their team.

You all are bashing Saban and you don't even know the frickin punishment. It's july so YOU DONT KNOW IF THEY ARE SUSPENDED. We don't play a game this weekend, so you don't know.

Who in the hell made you people king? Saban doesn't owe you (@*!. Nor does he owe me an explanation. It will be easy to see if these guys get suspended come september. But you all would rather bash him for the next 2 months.

Yes, if I see Brandon Deaderick playing on Sept 1st, I will be very dissapointed. But since it's July, I can't see for myself what will happen.

If he does suspend these guys, are you all going to rescind your 3 pages of bashing? Hell no.

For the record, he defended Shula with the same BS after he had the 10 game winning season, and then when he went 6-6, he changed his stance and started bashing him for it.

You are misinformed.

BG:What is different about Saban than Shula?

Did you or did you not defend Shula EXACTLY THIS SAME WAY before he was ultimately fired and he was an easy target for all of your typical excuses.

As recent as last week your opinion for why your football team has been a joke was exclusively because of Shula's poor discipline practices. Remember, he's a good X's and O's guy, he just let the kids walk all over him.

You retroactively admitted that your previous position was wrong that handling things "in house" was sufficient punishment. That's easy to say when you're pinning your losses on the official scapegoat of the bammer talking points. Now THE EXACT SAME THING IS HAPPENING ONE YEAR LATER under, guess who? Nick Savior.

Suddenly this method is ok again?

Tell me, how is this in any way different from Shula's method of punishment, and why is it that you now expect ungodly changes for the better to your program with Saban at the helm?

What is different about Saban than Shula? Shula dressed better.

You guys are funny.

Thankfully, Michael Vick's bosses do not share your viewpoint.............

You guys are funny.

Thankfully, Michael Vick's bosses do not share your viewpoint.............

What viewpoint? Did I miss something? Have they announced a suspension for any games that Vick might play in?

Archived