Mark My Words Thread

merkuree

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dammit - why does everyone have to jump the gun on the Mark My Word thread? It's been stolen from me two years in a row now... <_<

Guess I'll just have to call the Nip this year.

:usc: - As always, over-hyped and picked to beat/upset UGA yet as ALWAYS they lose and end up 3rd/4th in the SEC East. Been that way for 100 years.

:ut: - Probably wins the East if their D can be consistent

:uk: - Woodsen has another solid stat year yet UK maxes out at 6-7 wins and a lower tier bowl.

:uf: - Grossly, and I mean GROSSLY, over-rated in most polls. Tebow has a solid season yet his lack of passing in the SEC leads to a lot of growing pains along with the emergence of Brantley as UF's throwing QB. UF wins 9-10 games with a win as always against UGA.

:uga: - D plays good most of the year but falls short in 1-2-3 games, maybe 1-2 of those being in non-big games. I think we start off 2-0 yet fall short in several games to finish 9-3, 10-2

----------------------------------------------------------------

:au: - Cox's health is what worries me. With that said, a healthy Cox = West/SECC. If not, I think a UGA like season occurs and AU wins 9 games due to Borges clicking with whoever is 2nd string.

:ua: - My surprise SEC pick. I think they have a chance to win the West if their D can pick up Saban's scheme quick enough. Overall, I see 8-9 wins.

:lsu: - Flynn has 1 good game under his belt along with a new OC and some massive losses on O and D. Don't care who they have filling in, losing several 1st round picks will hurt. I see another 9-10 win season with no SEC Title

Mark my words, I've got a raging case of the clap.

I thought this was public knowledge.

Bamaperry was consceived aided by a STD.

Mark my words, I've got a raging case of the clap.

Man, if you can't laugh at yourself then you can't laugh at anyone.

You must be one hell of a jolly fellow.

I dont know why people sell :usc: short. They had a chance (a damn good chance) to beat us last year, plus i believe only a field goal)(or less) from beating UF. they will be good just because of the ole' Ball Coach. The next few years, the east needs to watch out. The west may need to as we may see them in Atlanta.

I dont know why people sell :usc: short.

Ask Bammer perry

Quite the contrary. I don't believe that BAMERPERRY sells :usc: short at tall. I think he's a major fan of the :usc: .

;)

hence, him having more clap than an auditorium

Way to hijack a good thread.

Now, back to the original thread,

:vandy: goes bowling :cheer:

:au: wins the west, and the SECCG!

:msu: is still the worst team in the SEC and Croom gets fired.

:ut: loses to Cal, and then we here all year about how much better the Pac 10 is.

Meeeechigan and Ohio St are overrated and constantly getting their bobo's honked AGAIN.

:ua: goes 6-6 and then loses their lower level bowl game to have back to back losing seasons!

I dont know why people sell :usc: short.

100 years of being short, why should people give them credit for something they have never done?

South Carolina has been the East "sleeper" since 2001 yet fall short every single year.

goes 5-7, losing games that even they shouldn't. Their first slip up will be their most embarrassing and will come the second week against Vanderbilt. They leave the FSU game at 1-4 after they and the four losses in a row to Vandy, Arkansas, Georgia, & FSU royally piss off even the bammers who claim to be "patient" and set low expectations for this year. Bricks fly.

They then beat Houston & Ole Miss, and suddenly Bama's Back, Baby!

Until they play Tennessee the next week. They lose to them and then get absolutely blown out of the water by LSU by a score that would embarrass a D1AA team. They get their sweet revenge over MSU and start thump their chests about it. "Not this year, Sly!". They beat ULM the next week, and once again Bama's Back Baby! "You barners better watchout next week cuz we bout to salvage this season!" For them, not only would winning this game end the streak which would cause celebration rivaled only by the falling of the Berlin Wall, but also this could take their season to .500. Because of this, they pull out all the stops and play their best game of the year. This best effort still results in a 37 -28 loss to the good guys.

Yet again proving your blinding homerism.

You realize you just said that Mike Shula is a better coach than Nick Saban...by a long shot.

How so? You have an actual OOC opponent this year (FSU) whom you wouldn't have beaten last year either.

I then traded Vandy for MSU as the upset loss, which would be an improvement. Hey, at least I have faith that you guys will get your revenge on MSU.

PS, once again you show your blind homerism by assuming that NS is a God amongst men capable of making dramatic changes to your win/loss record in his first year.

Mark My Words:

:vandy: comes into Auburn on October 6 with no worse than a 3-1 record.

:lsu: folds and has a 2003 Auburn-type season (folds under the expectations).

:ut: loses 2 out of their first 3 games

:ua: goes 7-5 in the regular season, but wins their lower-tier bowl game. The MNC rumbling begins for 2008.

:au: loses at Florida and at Arkansas, goes 10-2 and thanks to LSU knocking off Arky in the Battle of the Boot, goes on to win the SECCG in a rematch against Georgia.

All I know is that UGA will win the east this year. Don't mark my words.

How so? You have an actual OOC opponent this year (FSU) whom you wouldn't have beaten last year either.

I then traded Vandy for MSU as the upset loss, which would be an improvement. Hey, at least I have faith that you guys will get your revenge on MSU.

PS, once again you show your blind homerism by assuming that NS is a God amongst men capable of making dramatic changes to your win/loss record in his first year.

I'm a homer because I think Alabama will win more than 5 games? You're the only person in this 4 page thread who says we will win 5 games. So why am I a blind homer?

Why do you put words in my mouth? Why is everything an extreme with you? I never said Saban is some God. I do expect us to win 8 games. I don't think that is unreasonable. It's CLEARLY not some crazy lofty expectation based on the premise that I think Saban is some superhuman.

So why the extremes? Does it help you feel better because YOU think I idolize Saban or have these unrealistic expectations? Does it upset you to know that there are Bama fans who don't fit your incredibly negative stereotype?

I'm a homer because I think Alabama will win more than 5 games? You're the only person in this 4 page thread who says we will win 5 games. So why am I a blind homer?

Last year Shula won 6 games.

You trade UF for UGA, which this year is a pretty even trade.

Last year the only decent OOC game Shula played was Hawaii.

FSU > Hawaii.

You're the one who came in here to criticize my prediction as wild homeristic jibberish.

I merely pointed out that I could just as easily accuse you of the same for your complete disbelief that I could predict Saban to lose one more game than Shula when you said:

You realize you just said that Mike Shula is a better coach than Nick Saban...by a long shot.

Which by the way winning one more game when faced with lesser net opponents is not a long shot. See how you're the one who prefers to deal in extremes?

Archived