Mark My Words Thread

merkuree

I haven't been a member that long, but been a lurker forever. With that said, there has always been 2 topics a year that I love to read and post in. 1.) the "NIP" and 2.) Mark My Words thread.

I know you can never rush the NIP. It is a beast all by itself, so we'll have to wait on that. It's worth the wait in my opinion. But the other, being about 1 month before football season kicks off, I think would be a great time to start the Mark My Word topic!

1.) Mark My Words, this coming year, we won't have a stand out reciever, instead all will be very sound and and all will get about the equal number of catches.

2.) Our runningbacks will be used much like the 2003 backfield SHOULD HAVE been used.

3.) Our tight ends will be huge threat by mid season after the O-Line gels and plays consistently well.

4.) Brandon Cox will be putting up surprising numbers and might break a record or two this season.

Your turn...

War Eagle!!!! :au:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe you are thinking of the Mark My Words thread...which was originally started by DaddyBoyAU in 04 and 05. It was then continued by SupperClub last year.

So I'd say you are perfectly within reason to start the one for this year!

(But I will have to return later for my own predictions!)

I believe you are thinking of the Mark My Words thread...which was originally started by DaddyBoyAU in 04 and 05. It was then continued by SupperClub last year.

So I'd say you are perfectly within reason to start the one for this year!

(But I will have to return later for my own predictions!)

Thats It!!! Thanks very much, i'll try to change the title to give him the well deserved credit!

War Eagle!!

:usc: CSS reminds everyone why he is called, without question, the best coach in the SEC. 9-10 wins.

Ole Miss: Shrek saves his job, much to the chagrin of Ole Miss fans by holding on his job by having one huge upset this year. DKW thinks it may be Bama.

:ua: Begins to return to form later in season. The rest of the nation will be impressed. Bama fans are gathering bricks because it wont be what they wanted. 7-8 wins.

:lsu: Wins 12 games and Miles considers moving on. 34 wins and no Championships with that talent has the tiger fans upset. Loses SECCG.

:ut: 8-9 wins. Fulmer is officially on the hot seat as most of his team graduates.

:vandy: Good news! They go to a bowl game! It will be the across town in Nashville. Actually they will win 6 games, and go to a minor bowl. The entire SEC gets together and sells the game out for them.

:arky: D-Mac wins the Heisman, gets a decent car and watches as Nutt is fired anyway.

:uf: Wins yet another SECCG and no one notices because of the 14 week HYPE of the USC Trojans.

:au: Will surprise a few teams and scribes. Pencil them in for another 11 win season. We do not make the SECCG again and the grumbling starts for CTT at some low level.

Kansas State will bring the "house" against our offensive line early in the game, hopefully we can hold up and Brandon Cox can have a little more time in the pocket then last year then there won't be anything to worry about.

USF will be a big surprise in the big east possibly winning it like Wake Forest did last year in the ACC

DMac for heisman

South Carolina wins the East

Bama gets crushed by Florida State

Auburn proves once again that we are the Runningback University

o yeah and we will upset either Florida or LSU once again on the road.`

:ua: - The Ramp Lady, Collette, and Shane get into a huge fight over who is most embarrassing to the school and the state. Sadly, they all 3 wind up tied for 2nd as Broadway Joe Namath gets to feeling "happy" again and makes a pass at Kenny Stabler on the air during the Ole Miss broadcast. This exchange gets passed around the internet more than Phyllis's infamous "Leave theum thuh hayelle alone people" speech. Bama finishes the season at 7-5.

:om: - Shrek is fired after the Rebs post another losing season and humiliating defeat in the egg bowl. He is quickly replaced by Terry Bowden.

:lsu: - Les Miles ratchets up the anti-PAC10 smack by revealing to the Gameday crew from ESPN that Pete Carroll wears womens clothing on the recruiting trail. The Tigahs goes on to demolish the Trojans 34-13 but do not win the MNC. The loss is so humiliating that Carroll heads back to the NFL and the Trojans refuse to play another SEC team except for Arkansas.

:vandy: - Beats Alabama, propelling them to a 7-5 record and bowl berth. Bobby Johnson is hired away by a Big 10 school at the end of the season.

:uf: - Learns that QB sweep left, QB sweep left, QB sweep left, punt won't win too many games in the SEC. The Gators finish 3rd in the East behind SC and UGA

:uga: - Finish as divisional runners-up to South Carolina. A controversial loss at Tennessee keeps the Dawgs out of Atlanta.

:ut: - The lynch mob forms outside the athletic complex as the Volunteers stumble to a 7-5 record, including a loss to the Wildcats of Kentucky.

:au: - Makes it 6 straight against the cross state heathens. This win is attributed to the lingering effects of sanctions against the Tide by the bammer faithful who say, "Wait till Saban, all praise be upon him, gets his players in. Shuler (hooock, p'tooey!) didn't leave him nothin to wurk wif. He wuz a lousy recruiter." Cox is named 2nd team All-SEC as he leads the Tigers to another 11-2 record. He would have made 1st team, but the media wanted to see more pictures of Tebow's smokin' hot sister and figured the best way to do it was to keep the limelight on him.

:au: Mario Fannin will end the year as the number one tailback and be impressive enough that CTT has to re-recruit Davis to stay around the Plains.

:ua: Will make it to 7-8 wins.

:uk: Will challenge for the east title and will beat Tenn but fall short to :uga: due to lack of defense.

:uga: Wins the :sec:

I think I will go with mine from last year with just some minor adjustments.

Mark my words BG will have a heart attack aneurism trying to defend Bambi'sSabahr's disciplinary actions.

"the more things change, the more they stay the same."

AU comes out of the west and UGA comes out of the east.

1. AUBURN makes it SIX over the Tide (obvious one, sorry)

2. AU wins the West despite finishing the regular season 10-2.

3. Mark Richt wins SEC Coach of the Year and wins SEC East & SECCG.

4. Florida finishes 3rd in the East behind UF & USC.

Is this a typo?

NOPE. MARK IT DOWN! :)

USC & UF BOTH FINISH WITH 9-3 RECORDS BUT USC BEATS THE GATORS AND GETS THE TIE-BREAKER OVER THEM. B) HECK, WHO KNOWS....BUT I STAND BY MY PREDICTION.

Okay...my first "Mark My Words" post!

Let's take a look at this years highlights!

East

UK - Only because the other teams in the conference are better, the Wildcats fall to the usual 6-6 (maybe 7-6) type record. They end up in the South Carolina's Columbia Credit Union Janitorial Staff's Bowl to be broadcast the week right after the season ends on the Style Network. (actually...they get clipped in the bowl picture this year...sorry cats...)

Vanderbilt - Surprise a few people, but ultimately the "That's Alright, That's Okay, You'll Come Work For US One Day!" cheer is the only highlight of the year is a three overtime loss to Alabama by 2 point conversion.

:usc: - The Ol' Ball Coach starts to cater in the "OLD" Ball Coach era, as other coaches in the SEC know too many of the tricks that made him a genius at Florida. South Carolina beats who they are supposed to beat, but win no games of real consequence in the conference. They go to a "medium" bowl against a west coast team and win.

:uga: - Becuase of the fact that Georgia has good talent and great coaching, the Bulldogs fight their way to a good season despite what should be a rebuilding effort in many places. They have a good running game and good QB that keeps them in games. An extra win over what is expected COULD put them past Tennessee, but the Worlds Largest Cocktail Party still looms large, and the Dawgs ultimately missed their opportunity while the Gators were down. It's another long weekend in Jacksonville, and leaves the Dawgs a little behind in the wins column for anything more than a New Years "weekend" game.

:ut: - If not for the "Gator Enigma", Fulmer wins the West. Fulmer's topsy turvy QB situation finally catches up to him and gives him fits all season long. However, with great talent and good coaching on his staff, Fulmer goes undefeated in his SEC run this year until he plays Florida, guaranteeing that, again, he's left watching the SECCG at home with a platter of Double Quarter Cheeseburgers at his side.

:uf: - Urban Meyer slips the Gators past everyone early in games as most teams try to adjust to the new, but old running game being perpetrated on them again. They lose one game to Auburn due to the fact that Auburn staff is TOO familiar with running games, especially when against a QB that has unproven throwing prowess. Tray Blackmon is assigned the "spy" role and absolutely terrorizes Tebow for all four quarters. Groves gets SEC Defensive Player of the Week after a 5 sack performance.

West -

MSU - Terrible. F The Crooms Experiment dies after this season. Crooms goes on to be an O-line Asst. in the NFL after this year. 4-7....Maybe.

Ol'Miss - Col. Reb is cryyyyyyin'....again. They have their typical close wins, and a confidence that takes them past the Tide for their highlight win of the year. They finish 7-4 and go to another mediocre bowl a week before Christmas.

:ua: - Alabama shows signs of life early in the season as Satan, I mean Saban's Tide Roll early on powered on adrenaline and pure energy. Reality sets in that it's ultimately very good coaching at the other top tier SEC schools that are already established, making those schools at minimum "as good" if not consistently better than Alabama, and Bama starts losing again. They finish 8-4, but this is still just a little shy of expectations for some of the Bama nation. It's a good recruiting class after this season, and we start the whole vicious cycle over again.

:arky: - We've seen the "Wildcat" formation way too many times, and DMac is now a target of every LB and defensive player looking to make a statement. He ends up hurt in a stupid play, possibly a personal foul, and the Razorbacks take a downward turn. It's the very definition of being one player reliant and the Backs have a disappointing 07', relative to expectations. Nutt is approached and debates an NFL Asst. position after this season.

:lsu: - Miles breaks in a new white hat this year. It's a pillowy white, starched picture of cranial covering perfection. LSU's talent takes them to the brink of a great season despite a loss to Auburn (not just being a homer...I'll explain in the Auburn section...). LSU's Senior QB slings and runs his way to national recognition as the Tigers end up in a marquis New Year's Game against another ESPN dubbed "Powerhouse". The LSU Tigers route and embarrass yet another national power only to be denied their due credit.

:au: - With a mix of "the defense won that game", and "the offense pulled that one out" type wins, the Auburn running game and defenses slug our way through a great SEC season. We go to Baton Rouge and The Swamp with veteran coaching and veteran players on our side. It takes enough of the "aura" edge off and we win those games with good defense. Both wins are solid, but low scoring affairs. We lose one game we shouldn't (possibly GA again) out of nowhere which derails any NC game hopes, but we get to the SECCG against Florida and win again. Tommy Tuberville becomes to Urban Meyer, what Spurrier was to Fulmer. Florida and LSU become our two most challenging and mostly respected opponents over the next few years.

War Eagle!

Heck, I'll play.

:uf: Off-season troubles and the rumor mill about Urban Meyer's defection to the NFL make for a 9 win season, with losses coming to LSU, Auburn, and Georgia.

:ua: Alabama wins seven games, but loses one game unexpectedly. Saban is shocked at how quickly the Bama Klan turn on him after losing to Vandy or Ole Miss. He's also shocked at the number of SEC coaches who opt to run up the score on him. As Mark Richt says after a 45-6 whipping of the Tide, "Well, the guy is a bastard after all. We just thought he needed a little dose of humility."

:uga: Georgia suffers an early season loss to South Carolina, but beats Florida.

:usc: Loses to Florida, but beats Georgia. Gamecocks finesse their way into the SECCG.

:ut: Like Auburn in the West, nobody's talking about Tennessee this year. I expect an 10-3 season from them.

ARKANSAS Not a total meltdown in Fayetteville, but nobody's looking past Arkansas this year. As a result, 8-4 is the best the Hogs can muster.

:lsu: The hype machine has been in full gear. Yet losing Jamarcus Russell and Jimbo Fisher mean that there's less offense. LSU loses two.

:au: Nobody's talking about Auburn this year. That's when we're the most dangerous. A healthy Brandon Cox will find lots of targets in our veteran tight ends, along with a competent receiving corps--not to mention a stud backfield that wears down opponents. The offensive line is the surprise of the season among sportswriters, who conveniently forgot all their collective playing time in 2006. Meanwhile the defense is among the nation's Top 5 again. Auburn beats Florida, LSU, and loses to Georgia, but smacks Alabama around at the end of the year. Plays SC in the SECCG and wins in a wild 41-38 classic.

Goes on to the Sugar Bowl and, in a preview of 2008, plays West Virginia. The Mountaineer's highly touted offense is exposed as two-dimensional as Auburn romps 31-13.

Auburn finishes the season at #3 behind USC and Wisconsin. :arky:

Is this a typo?

NOPE. MARK IT DOWN! :)

USC & UF BOTH FINISH WITH 9-3 RECORDS BUT USC BEATS THE GATORS AND GETS THE TIE-BREAKER OVER THEM. B) HECK, WHO KNOWS....BUT I STAND BY MY PREDICTION.

I think he means the fact that you have florida finishing behind florida.

isn't two dimensional good in football? i was under the impression that you only have passing and running to pick from on offense so ONE DIMENSIONAL offenses were the ones that get exposed. ;)

I'll start with the most obvious: :au: makes it six in a row against :ua:

Also this season:

We also upset favored :uf: for the second year in a row

:lsu: wins the SEC

:usc: ends up with more wins than Bama

:vandy: ends up with more wins than either Mississippi school and get to go bowling for the first time in 25 years.

ESPN will have a major story regarding death threats to :arky: head coach Houston Nutt

At the end of the season, I will wonder if I will be able to survive another seven months without :football:

:ua: goes 5-7, losing games that even they shouldn't. Their first slip up will be their most embarrassing and will come the second week against Vanderbilt. They leave the FSU game at 1-4 after they and the four losses in a row to Vandy, Arkansas, Georgia, & FSU royally piss off even the bammers who claim to be "patient" and set low expectations for this year. Bricks fly.

They then beat Houston & Ole Miss, and suddenly Bama's Back, Baby!

Until they play Tennessee the next week. They lose to them and then get absolutely blown out of the water by LSU by a score that would embarrass a D1AA team. They get their sweet revenge over MSU and start thump their chests about it. "Not this year, Sly!". They beat ULM the next week, and once again Bama's Back Baby! "You barners better watchout next week cuz we bout to salvage this season!" For them, not only would winning this game end the streak which would cause celebration rivaled only by the falling of the Berlin Wall, but also this could take their season to .500. Because of this, they pull out all the stops and play their best game of the year. This best effort still results in a 37 -28 loss to the good guys.

:au: sails through the season until week 5 when we visit the swamp. It's another amazing game that is neck and neck until the very end. In the end the home field advantage makes the difference and Florida ends up beating us by a field goal.

Disheartened, and playing below our abilities, we still are never threatened by Vandy. Then we march into Fayetteville and Tigrinum Major, Supper Club, AWK, and I go drink with Tig's Arkansas message board buddies. McFadden puts up some numbers against our defense, but it's still not enough to win the game for them. Then we make our way to LSU. Another amazing game. Death Valley takes its toll on us and for the majority of the game we are trailing by about 3 points or so. A last second field goal wins it for us, and our players are reinvigorated. We blow through Ole Miss & Tennesse Tech. Then onward to Athens. Yet another amazing game. Everyone will get Deja-vu from the last time we were in Athens. It will end the same way as well. By an OT field goal. Stop. bammer time. The uat'ers are still thumping their chests for beating MSU and try to convince everyone who will listen that this is the end of the road for our streak. As mentioned, it ain't good enough.

We win the tie-breaker with LSU, and get a rematch against Florida for the SECCG. Because this series could go 50-50, the ball bounces in our favor enough to win it for us.

We go 12-1, and vindicate our only loss by beating them in the SECCG.

USC, however, and goes 11-1 and gets to play the deserving Texas for the MNC, while we're at the Sugar Bowl with more insane Deja-Vu from 2004.

:arky: They have a decent year, but not good enough to keep everyone off Nutt’s back. They want him out of there and after going 8-4 with a potential Heisman Winner, they are more then willing to show him the door. Mitch Mustain cries with joy.

:lsu: 10-2 Season. They make games a lot closer than they should. The continued questioning of Miles’ game day coaching decisions grows louder. Elmer Fudd announces he’s the long last father of Miles. "Kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit, kill the wabbit!"

:ua: They beat UT. Good for them. Oh yeah, UT isn’t going to be that good. 6-6 and off to a bowl game. No bricks are thrown yet, but my ACME Brick Company stock is looking better and better everyday.

:om: Now, how is Coach O still a head coach? I mean…really? OK, they go 6-6 (it’s better than 4-8 last year). They beat Memphis right out of the gates (Oh Happy Days!), but then lose to Missouri. They make it into a bowl game. Coach O keeps his job…just in time for the NCAA to hit his team with recruiting violations. HOTTY TOTTY!

:msu: Can they rise up and beat bama again….ah.. probably not. They will win one they shouldn’t and I’m going to say it’s W. Virginia. The rest of the season goes as normal. Should they not be kicked out of the conference for playing Gardner Webb? I believe its grounds for expulsion.

:au: 10-2, maybe 11-1. Cox will be productive, but not an outstanding year. The RBs will do ok, but this year our WRs will be the ones that step up. The D will be very good. Auburn loses at Arkansas and LSU. If they win the LSU game they go to the SECCG.

:vandy: 5-7 year. All seems normal in Nashville.

:ut: They go out and beat Cal out on the West Coast only to come back and lose shortly after. The season is up and down (losing to bama along the way). They finish 7-5 and it looks like the end might be near for Phill.

:uk: They go bowling….well, 6-6 gets you there sometimes.

:uga: UGA will be a lot better than the year before and proves that their QB is the best in the conference. 10-2 with the two losses being very close. They go to the SECCG.

:usc: 8-4, beating Florida but losing to UGA as well as UF, Ark and one other. Yeah, they are better than the year before with some really good explosive players, but they are still weak on both lines and therefore have a hard time competing against teams that can grind it out.

:uf: “Back to Life, Back to Reality”..thanks En Vogue, your songs fits right in very well here. They have talent all over this team, but it’s a very young, untested talent. All in all, not very consistent. Nevertheless, they go 8-4.

Archived