Chiefs wavering on Croyle?

GalensGhost

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId...ce=NFLHeadlines

Recap of yesterday's Dolphins - Chiefs pre-season game. All off-season we've heard how Brodie was annointed and was having the franchise put on his toothpick shoulders. We've even heard the idiot who crowed that Brodie would be a starter before Jason (conveniently forgetting that Jason was Washington's starter for half of last season). But as the pre-season progresses are the Chiefs wavering?

Read the following excerpts carefully. Note the highlighted words:

Brodie Croyle, bidding to take Green's old job, hit his first four passes and found Chris Hannon for a 21-yard scoring play. But he also threw an ill-advised interception.

Do you really have to bid for something that's allegedly being handed to you?

The Chiefs, on the other hand, mostly looked lifeless for the second straight week while trying to find a new quarterback

Again, why would the Chiefs be searching for something that's allegedly already there?

I actually meant to bring this up today and got busy with other things.

I watched a fair amount of this game last night. I did notice that BC has learned the "come out from under center and break into a dead run rollout move". I can only figure that he learned it after the Iron Bowl?

I actually meant to bring this up today and got busy with other things.

I watched a fair amount of this game last night. I did notice that BC has learned the "come out from under center and break into a dead run rollout move". I can only figure that he learned it after the Iron Bowl?

The real question is...has he gotten over the lay down because a big bad defender is coming through the line move?

as being the most overrated qb to come out of the SEC in a long time, he is a great

scrimmage qb. At least the Iron Bowl gave him valuable experience as what to expect in the NFL.

No one ever said he was a lock. He's never started a game, why would he be a lock without earning it?

And here again we have a guy you guys LOVE to see fail...even after he's long gone from college...just because he played at Alabama.

sad sad sad.

No one ever said he was a lock. He's never started a game, why would he be a lock without earning it?

And here again we have a guy you guys LOVE to see fail...even after he's long gone from college...just because he played at Alabama.

sad sad sad.

Not a lock? Could have fooled me. All I've heard for the last two months was that Brodie was being handed the keys to the kingdom, that KC traded Trent Green because Brodie was the man. When I mentioned an interview his coach did at the Senior Bowl where he uncomfortably dodged the question of whether Brodie was ready to take the reins by saying "he's got a long, long way to go." I was dismissed as a crackpot and a hater.

I don't think anybody wishes Brodie ill just because he played at Alabama. It's more that a failure on his part would be an extra helping of flaming "stuff it" pie for all the windbags at the cafe who've been declaring him the savior of the universe since he made the regrettable decision to skip a chance to play at FSU. I've got to tell you, nothing compliments a good cafe breakfast any better than serving the local yahoos a great big cup of STFU.

It's not that we want him to fail, it's just an unfortunate by-product of his failure that we get to mock-sympathize with a bunch of rubes who live vicariously through him. Painting with a broad brush, I know.

sad sad sad.

Not a lock? Could have fooled me. All I've heard for the last two months was that Brodie was being handed the keys to the kingdom, that KC traded Trent Green because Brodie was the man. When I mentioned an interview his coach did at the Senior Bowl where he uncomfortably dodged the question of whether Brodie was ready to take the reins by saying "he's got a long, long way to go." I was dismissed as a crackpot and a hater.

I don't think anybody wishes Brodie ill just because he played at Alabama. It's more that a failure on his part would be an extra helping of flaming "stuff it" pie for all the windbags at the cafe who've been declaring him the savior of the universe since he made the regrettable decision to skip a chance to play at FSU. I've got to tell you, nothing compliments a good cafe breakfast any better than serving the local yahoos a great big cup of STFU.

It's not that we want him to fail, it's just an unfortunate by-product of his failure that we get to mock-sympathize with a bunch of rubes who live vicariously through him. Painting with a broad brush, I know.

Well, we've come a long way from a few months ago where you said "no way Brodie starts a game in the NFL"...even if he is just being "considered" instead of a "lock".

sad sad sad.

Well, we've come a long way from a few months ago where you said "no way Brodie starts a game in the NFL"...even if he is just being "considered" instead of a "lock".

And we're not far from where you said he was going to start in KC.

Middle ground, I suppose.

I've always liked Brodie. In my estimation he was a good if not great quarterback, a fierce competitor, and team player. Also, from everything I've seen and heard he is a fine person. I wish him nothing but success in his future, and would be happy for him if he won the starting job.

I've always liked Brodie. In my estimation he was a good if not great quarterback, a fierce competitor, and team player. Also, from everything I've seen and heard he is a fine person. I wish him nothing but success in his future, and would be happy for him if he won the starting job.

If he gets killed by Freeney I've got dibs on his girlfriend....

Campbell will get his Superbowl ring before Brodie breaks 1000 yards passing in a single season.

So your insanity extends beyond the political forum?

Serve's him right for wearing that t-shirt around the Flora-Bama prior to the 2005 season.

" Ha Ha Ha Auburn 13 and 0 And No Where to Go"

Serve's him right for wearing that t-shirt around the Flora-Bama prior to the 2005 season.

" Ha Ha Ha Auburn 13 and 0 And No Where to Go"

Okay, so now I'm wishing him some ill.

Yeah, that means a lot coming from a guy that hit the ground 12 times in Auburn that season. So how many games did the Kentucky Waterfall douche-bag win against Auburn?

He'll get exposed in the NFL eventually. He may have a big gun, but I find it to the be the same as attaching an M-16 to a little girl's Huffy.

:rolleyes:

They ought not waver too close to Brodie. He's been kinda jumpy about that kind of thing since November 2005. He's likely to fall down and curl into the fetal position if someone wavers at him one time too many.

Campbell will get his Superbowl ring before Brodie breaks 1000 yards passing in a single season.

How is that crazy?

Given that JC is coached by a guy that already owns a Super Bowl Ring as a head coach and Brodie is coached by guy with a career head coaching record less then .500 (50-52), I would take that bet.

How is that crazy?

Given that JC is coached by a guy that already owns a Super Bowl Ring as a head coach and Brodie is coached by guy with a career head coaching record less then .500 (50-52), I would take that bet.

Is Crodie even slated as the starter yet?

Maybe he should focus on making the team before you start talking rings killer.

Is Crodie even slated as the starter yet?

Maybe he should focus on making the team before you start talking rings killer.

Exactly! Which is why what BF said is more likely to happen then BG3 apparently realizes.

Archived