Hoovergate Continued?

CCTAU

So it's impossible that Hoover helped out a student? It's ONLY possible with Alabama involvement? I find that notion specifically odd since Murphy didn't make it in.

And we don't know how close/far off he was...especially considering reports that he was on the cusp.

1. Hoover sent in grades that made Chapman ineligable. Off To JUCO or Prep

2. ALABAMA made "THE CALL" to see why he was not eligable

3. Chapmans grades magically rise and his new tanscript is created

Had Bama not "made the call", Hoover would have never "helped the kid". Now given these facts I would like you to explain how Alabama had no involvement in the grade change.

The word I heard last February was that Chapman, during an intense recruiting session just prior to signing day, was told that if he committed to Auburn, he would not qualify. However, if he would commit to Alabama, he would qualify. Lo and behold, he committed to Alabama and qualified.

austudent22 on someone "else" possibly being in the room when Chapman's grade was miraculously changed:

"It is Jeremy Pruitt. He was Hoover's defensive Coordinator for the past 2 seasons and was hired in March by Saban as a Director of Player Development. The other person hired to that job was Willie Carl Martin from Ben Russell who has a much longer and distinguished resume. It has been widely believed his hiring was a result of the successful recruitment of Josh Chapman to Alabama, and he is one of the people who has been linked to Chapman's decision to visit Alabama and reverse his Auburn commitment. Pruitt, single, is also friends with Marley Stephens who is his same age who is one of the counselors who was named today. The thing that jumps out at you there is why is Marley Stephens involved in this question at all? She is the 10th grade counselor for Hoover."

I was told Borie was the bama cheerleader. BTW, Borie on the Hoover site appears to be nothing more than a tutor. I could be wrong but there is almost no info on the woman. I hear she WAS an English teacher there 10 or more years ago.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if this has been addressed in any of the Hoovergate threads, but how did Kerry Murphy qualify for prep school? <_<

No, if Chapman KNEW that he would be ineligible, he could have easily made up the difference in summer school. So if he's ineligible, HE'S the one who got screwed. Chapman was a lifelong Bama fan. Even AU people knew he would go to Bama, if offered.

No, if Chapman KNEW that he would be ineligible, he could have easily made up the difference in summer school. So if he's ineligible, HE'S the one who got screwed. Chapman was a lifelong Bama fan. Even AU people knew he would go to Bama, if offered.

The only true statement in your post is that Chapman was a life long Bama fan. He was still a AU lock Super Bowl night; I know that for a fact.

I still want to know how a kid that missed over 20 days of school the first semester ended up at Hargrave. The best he could of hoped for would of been 2 years in Juco and 3 to play 2 IF he pulled his grades up.

I still want to know how a kid that missed over 20 days of school the first semester ended up at Hargrave. The best he could of hoped for would of been 2 years in Juco and 3 to play 2 IF he pulled his grades up.

Put that into a different perspective....That is over a month of school that he missed.

Because his test scores were fine. It's pretty standard, if you have a good enough test score, but fail certain classes, they you go to prep.

You can't go to summer school after your senior year and get through the clearinghouse.

Because his test scores were fine. It's pretty standard, if you have a good enough test score, but fail certain classes, they you go to prep.

You can't go to summer school after your senior year and get through the clearinghouse.

Happens all the time, just like players changing committments. Besides, the guy has already gone through a semester of College at Alabama. If Ryan Williams can get in with 7 grade changes, surely the NCAA wouldn't rule Chapman ineligible. Never can tell with those dudes, though.

Happens all the time, just like players changing committments. Besides, the guy has already gone through a semester of College at Alabama. If Ryan Williams can get in with 7 grade changes, surely the NCAA wouldn't rule Chapman ineligible. Never can tell with those dudes, though.

That would be because Ryan Williams grades were put back to the original grades that he had before the changes and he still passed. He didn't need his grades changed to be eligible, unlike Chapman. This is what we've been trying to explain to you guys that cannot seem to stop comparing the two situations: they aren't comparable.

That would be because Ryan Williams grades were put back to the original grades that he had before the changes and he still passed. He didn't need his grades changed to be eligible, unlike Chapman. This is what we've been trying to explain to you guys that cannot seem to stop comparing the two situations: they aren't comparable.

Come on, Titan. You can't expect a bammer, let alone BP, to read beyond the headlines. The articles jump to like a fourth grade reading level beyond that.

For this to be true he would have had to only make up one or two classes. There is no way that's all he had to make up; he missed over 20 days of school the first semester alone. He'll never play a down for Bama when all this is said and done.

For this to be true he would have had to only make up one or two classes. There is no way that's all he has to make up; he missed over 20 days of school the first semester alone. He'll never play a down for Bama when all this is said and done.

So you've seen his transcripts and know what classes he passed?

For this to be true he would have had to only make up one or two classes. There is no way that's all he has to make up; he missed over 20 days of school the first semester alone. He'll never play a down for Bama when all this is said and done.

The bottom line is that, yet again, uat is involved in more dubious recruiting situations. One day we figure that they'll look down and see that they are standing in a world of crap, rather than just asking, who cut the cheese.

Everyone else sees it. Had this happened at AU, WE would be demanding answers. There-in lies the difference.

No, but I do know he missed over 20 days of school in the first semester. So that means every class he took the first semester, he failed. Are we even sure he graduated HS?

No, but I do know he missed over 20 days of school in the first semester. So that means every class he took the first semester, he failed. Are we even sure he graduated HS?

That doesn't mean he failed. Are you telling me he failed 4 classes and the NCAA didn't care? You conspiracy theorists need to realize...Alabama can't push these guys through without the NCAA's consent.

That doesn't mean he failed. Are you telling me he failed 4 classes and the NCAA didn't care? You conspiracy theorists need to realize...Alabama can't push these guys through without the NCAA's consent.

Hmmm... To use your method BG....a question for your question....

Do you not understand that the NCAA only has the information they have, and that maybe, just maybe, if there is anything to this, and the NCAA didn't get the real information, and there were some shinnanigans going on, then the NCAA might want to review the situation?

Is it not okay to ask these questions? Do you not think, that there's at minimum, enough to make the average NON-Bammer raise an eye-brow?

Don't want to offend you. Just asking....

FYI, the High School submits the players transcript to the NCAA.

Hmmm...So I guess this doesn't mean squat when it comes to my question above...but thanks for chiming in anyway. :thumbsup:

OH...FYI... The HS could have been influenced to "alter" the transcript... Thus the whole purpose here....

So..asking again....with a sincere hope of not offending anyone....

Do you not understand that the NCAA only has the information they have, and that maybe, just maybe, if there is anything to this, and the NCAA didn't get the real information, and there were some shinnanigans going on, then the NCAA might want to review the situation?

Is it not okay to ask these questions? Do you not think, that there's at minimum, enough to make the average NON-Bammer raise an eye-brow?

Chopper - maybe this will clear it up for them.

Hoover and University of Alabama officials have not said which grade will be used if they re-evaluate Chapman's eligibility. NCAA spokeswoman Jennifer Kearns declined to discuss the case.

Speaking generally, Kearns said the NCAA would look at academic credentials after an athlete is certified - as is the case with Chapman - if "questions or irregularities" arose.

Kearns said all grade changes are reviewed by the NCAA Clearinghouse and Eligibility Center to confirm changes were made in accordance with the high school's policy.

If grade changes are made "late in the game," Kearns said, the institution must file an initial eligibility waiver for the change.

"If there is evidence of academic fraud, an investigation would likely be triggered," Kearns said.

Well Chopper, with all your questions, Alabama should certainly expect the death penalty soon right?

In the words of former Bama great Kenneth Darby; "A bomb is going to go off in Tusculoosa".... B)

Well Chopper, with all your questions, Alabama should certainly expect the death penalty soon right?

OH, Please. :thumbsup: Should have had it 5 years ago. But, late is better than never.

I don't know BG, should they?

Ummmm...You DO know that all I asked is if it was okay that we ask the questions, right?

Is it okay if I ask the question again...here goes...

An interesting point. Of the supposed 36 improper grade changes, in 35 of those instances, the teacher was immediately informed of the change. The only teacher that was not told of the grade change was Quattlebaum and he was informed 12 or 13 days later. I'm sure this is a coincidence.

It's simple. If Bama doesn't make the call, Chapman is ineligible. That's involvement in eligibility by a university.

Bishop is the main culprit but he's not going to say what he did. He'll blame some of the other people involved, and there were several.

There's a reason Bama is doing so good in recruiting this year, and it's not all Saban. The truth will come out, and it is not going to be favorable if you are a Bama fan. All Bama had to do was play by the rules, but they didn't.

There's a reason Bama is doing so good in recruiting this year, and it's not all Saban. The truth will come out, and it is not going to be favorable if you are a Bama fan. All Bama had to do was play by the rules, but they didn't.

Link?

Archived