Draft time

WinCrimson

Maybe its just me but how does Arenas do it? It seems like hes not really that fast and everyone else just goes in slow motion. I dont know what it is about him but he seems like he moves slow (compared to any other good punt returner) and everyone else moves slower. I mean I cant argue with the results - it just seems strange to me. But then again, its probably just me.

He's not slow, nor is he Devin Hester. He's probably a 4.55 guy.

What makes Arenas so good is that he can cut without losing speed. And he's the most patient hole hitter and cutter I've ever seen. He lets stuff develop and then BOOM he cuts. And BOOM he's back to full speed again.

I still say Arenas should be involved in the O. He is a playmaker and should see the ball more often.

he's done a pretty good job on D. from what i've seen he can break on a ball like nobody's business. not really sure how he could be used in the offense. he's pretty small, small for a DB even. we're way deep at WR and he's kind of too short for that anyways. now, i will happily GIVE you guys Marcus Carter. please.

I still say Arenas should be involved in the O. He is a playmaker and should see the ball more often.

he's done a pretty good job on D. from what i've seen he can break on a ball like nobody's business. not really sure how he could be used in the offense. he's pretty small, small for a DB even. we're way deep at WR and he's kind of too short for that anyways. now, i will happily GIVE you guys Marcus Carter. please.

Arenas is listed at 5'10 180lbs, Percy Harvin is 5'11 181lbs. I'm not trying to equate the two. However, they are both elusive and dangerous in space. IF Arenas played for AU, I would like to see him run some reverses or bubble screens, etc. However, that would require innovative playcalling. . . nevermind.

DJ Hall,Smith, Caldwell, Arenas, McClain.

I still think TB is better in the middle, but I think he could play outside as well.

Keep Prince Hall. TB is as strong and tough with more speed and better pass coverage.

Caldwell has got to be better than Green. Green seems to play in the backfield more than our QB sometimes.

Arenas is good because he runs north/south. Its like Tristan Davis. Puts his nose upfield and makes things happen. Running side to side, you don't get on a defender before he can react. The best way to elude a defender is to run right at him, and then make him commit.

So the consensus here is that Auburn would take around four or five players, with the last being a true freshman?

My point has been made. I'd have a better chance of bumping into Sasquatch at the grocery store than seeing a talented 2007 Tide football team.

P.S. Look for many of your proto-typical Shula players to be in a classroom instead of being on a football field next semester.

Arenas is listed at 5'10 180lbs, Percy Harvin is 5'11 181lbs. I'm not trying to equate the two. However, they are both elusive and dangerous in space. IF Arenas played for AU, I would like to see him run some reverses or bubble screens, etc. However, that would require innovative playcalling. . . nevermind.

Sorry, but if Arenas is 5'10 180lbs, I am Andre the freaking Giant. I would be surprised to know that he was an inch over 5'6" and a pound over 165. The kid can run and cut like nobody's bidness though.

Maybe its just me but how does Arenas do it? It seems like hes not really that fast and everyone else just goes in slow motion. I dont know what it is about him but he seems like he moves slow (compared to any other good punt returner) and everyone else moves slower. I mean I cant argue with the results - it just seems strange to me. But then again, its probably just me.

It is not just you. The only ones who thought he was good were Mike Shula and USCFIU(USF,UCF, and FIU)........ Believe me, you do not want to be grouped with Mike Shula. B)

He's not slow, nor is he Devin Hester. He's probably a 4.55 guy.

What makes Arenas so good is that he can cut without losing speed. And he's the most patient hole hitter and cutter I've ever seen. He lets stuff develop and then BOOM he cuts. And BOOM he's back to full speed again.

Maybe I should look into a career as a punt returner. I can run a 4.5. Im just as tall as he is (5'7-5'8). And If theres something I can do its cut and accelerate quickly. We could use a punt returner :headscratch:

I'd take D.J. and Arenas in a heart beat.

Two players.

Wait, only two? And people are scratching their heads as to why Alabama isn't running away the conference?

The point's been made, again...

Archived