Draft time

WinCrimson

Let's put it this way...

Tuberville gets to draft whomever he wants between Alabama and Auburn's teams. Who does he take off 'Bama?

QB- Debatable. Both are experienced, very inconsistent, and keep both teams in most games.

RB- Nobody. Auburn wouldn't take our runningbacks if we paid you to. Upchurch may be the exception to this rule, despite the lack of carries. Ours our too little and too weak. Period.

WR- Definitely DJ Hall. There's nothing special in the rest.

Offensive line- Smith, despite his serious decline this season, and Caldwell.

DL- Gilberry could provide a few breathers for your starters. He's not the all-SEC guy we play him up to be, though. He's an overachiever with a big heart, but no Sen'Derrick Marks.

LB- Rolando McClain will be the envy of many in the years to come, but you're not exactly hurting for him ath the current time. Prince Hall wouldn't receive a moment's consideration.

DB- Kareem Jackson has done well. You'd take him. I think Simeon would also be chosen, despite having a down year.

Special teams- Tiffin hit two 50 yarders today and has really come on. Byrum's good, too, however. You'll get along fine with either. Arenas would be nabbed by any team in America. Lowe would be lifted, as well.

So, how's that? If we're in the same stratosphere with AU, as some of you seem to think, why do we look so much weaker on the field? Comparing scores is sheer folly. Until I see Terry Grant run with the ferociousness of a Brad Lester or one of our defensive ends show the speed of Quentin Groves, 'Bama will be obviously outclassed by Auburn at game time.

I'm not saying that we'll never be able to hang with you, but that I don't expect the streak to be broken in the near future. Rest easy over the the next two weeks, Auburn fans, and get ready for another win over Alabama, dammit. "You can't make chicken salad without chicken."

They're lacking in the receiving corps.

But are the three you mentioned any better than a Smith, Rodriguez, or Billings?

McCoy and Earl Alexander may have promising futures down the road, but nobody outside of DJ has really "shown up" any of their WRs this season.

Let's put it this way...

Tuberville gets to draft whomever he wants between Alabama and Auburn's teams. Who does he take off 'Bama?

QB- Debatable. Both are experienced, very inconsistent, and keep both teams in most games.

RB- Nobody. Auburn wouldn't take our runningbacks if we paid you to. Upchurch may be the exception to this rule, despite the lack of carries. Ours our too little and too weak. Period.

DL- Gilberry could provide a few breathers for your starters. He's not the all-SEC guy we play him up to be, though. He's an overachiever with a big heart, but no Sen'Derrick Marks.

LB- Rolando McClain will be the envy of many in the years to come, but you're not exactly hurting for him ath the current time. Prince Hall wouldn't receive a moment's consideration.

DB- Kareem Jackson has done well. You'd take him. I think Simeon would also be chosen, despite having a down year.

Special teams- Tiffin hit two 50 yarders today and has really come on. Byrum's good, too, however. You'll get along fine with either. Arenas would be nabbed by any team in America. Lowe would be lifted, as well.

So, how's that? If we're in the same stratosphere with AU, as some of you seem to think, why do we look so much weaker on the field? Comparing scores is sheer folly. Until I see Terry Grant run with the ferociousness of a Brad Lester or one of our defensive ends show the speed of Quentin Groves, 'Bama will be obviously outclassed by Auburn at game time.

I'm not saying that we'll never be able to hang with you, but that I don't expect the streak to be broken in the near future. Rest easy over the the next two weeks, Auburn fans, and get ready for another win over Alabama, dammit. "You can't make chicken salad without chicken."

Everybody grab your rocks because I'm about to say it..... I would take JPW over Cox.

The fact of the matter is, JPW is on the same level as Brandon but the only difference is JPW gets back up and continues to throw the ball whereas Cox begins to doubt himself and pump fakes 20 times and waits for a DE to lay him down. Needless to say I would take JPW.

Let's put it this way...

Everybody grab your rocks because I'm about to say it..... I would take JPW over Cox.

The fact of the matter is, JPW is on the same level as Brandon but the only difference is JPW gets back up and continues to throw the ball whereas Cox begins to doubt himself and pump fakes 20 times and waits for a DE to lay him down. Needless to say I would take JPW.

Same here.

I didn't say because I wanted to avoid another futile "Brandon or JPW" debate.

Gimme DJ Hall and I will win a national championship around him. I'll give up any 3 Auburn players for him. IMO he is the greatest player in college football. The fact that Saban hasn't used DJ Hall better really makes me question how good of a coach he really is.

Gimme DJ Hall and I will win a national championship around him. I'll give up any 3 Auburn players for him. IMO he is the greatest player in college football. The fact that Saban hasn't used DJ Hall better really makes me question how good of a coach he really is.

he is pretty much double teamed every game. they had said earlier in the week they were trying to come up with some things to make opposing teams pay for doing that, but apparently they didn't or it didn't work.

I agree, DJ and Caddell are definite takes. Also Andre Smith, Caldwell, and Gilberry. I can tell you one I would NOT take, though. Simeone Castille. I don't like his attitude. Yeah, he's pretty good, but he cares more about himself than the team.

Smart question WinCrimson, especially this week. Basically if we take any players we are saying that your players a better than ours and we wish we could get rid of some of our guys. If we don't take anyone we are saying all of our players are better than yours and because of that we have no excuse for not winning this years iron bowl.

Please allow me to abstain from answering in any fashion as this is simply a trap question.

Smart question WinCrimson, especially this week. Basically if we take any players we are saying that your players a better than ours and we wish we could get rid of some of our guys. If we don't take anyone we are saying all of our players are better than yours and because of that we have no excuse for not winning this years iron bowl.

Please allow me to abstain from answering in any fashion as this is simply a trap question.

It wasn't a trap question at all.

I couldn't care less about the shenanigans that the losing side will most likely pull.

Gimme DJ Hall and I will win a national championship around him. I'll give up any 3 Auburn players for him. IMO he is the greatest player in college football.

While I recognize Hall is a great receiver, don't you think the hyperbole is a little overkill? :rolleyes:

I agree, DJ and Caddell are definite takes. Also Andre Smith, Caldwell, and Gilberry. I can tell you one I would NOT take, though. Simeone Castille. I don't like his attitude. Yeah, he's pretty good, but he cares more about himself than the team.

What Alum said

Signed

The Irons Boys

The iron bowl is going to suck.

Auburn wins this one.

Why?

1. Home Game

2. Running Game (Bama has ZERO running game)

3. Defense (Auburn has QV, and TB), Bama cant stop a catholic school girl on the ground

4. Cox.......he will play well....he always plays bama really well.

Also a trade for either team wont help........i think both sides have some major issues.

Auburn wins this one.

Why?

1. Home Game

3. Defense (Auburn has QV, and TB), Bama cant stop a catholic school girl on the ground

Also a trade for either team wont help........i think both sides have some major issues.

yeah, quentin vroves is pretty scary. quentin groves, on the other hand, probably should've just gone to the draft. hate it for the guy, but his status has taken a major knock this year.

Auburn wins this one.

Why?

1. Home Game

yeah, quentin vroves is pretty scary. quentin groves, on the other hand, probably should've just gone to the draft. hate it for the guy, but his status has taken a major knock this year.

Opps, i was pretty tired when I wrote that last night.

Your correct Quentin Vroves would be an awesome player. Even though the real QG should have gone pro, he always gets amped for bama. He will get to tee off on us once again.

i'm not so sure Q hurt his draft status all that much. he was hurt for most of the year. he has shown a consistent ability to get to the passer (despite low sack numbers). he still leads the team in hurries (maybe not after yesterday and the show coleman put on). he might not have moved UP in the draft as he hoped, but i don't see any way he slips past the 3rd round which is where he was slotted last year as well. all he did was delay his paychecks... not diminish them.

as for the question: i'd take hall and caddell. i don't think caddell is in the same league as smith or billings, but we haven't found anyone else behind them and possession receivers never hurt.

i'd take smith and caldwell. again i don't know that caldwell would start, but i like having options. between green, ramsey, berry, and caldwell i could find two great guards.

i'd take gilberry for the depth. he couldn't start, but i think he'd hold up better against the run than goggans has late in the year.

i'd definitely take mcclain (especially with the injuries we've taken this year), and i'd probably give prince hall a look. we moved an all-american defensive end to strongside backer because we didn't have warm bodies there. it's Q and true freshman bo harris and that's it.

i might think about the bama safeties after the show our guys just put on. i too wouldn't want castille for the attitude reasons more than the talent.

i'd stick with byrum, take the punter, and the punt returner.

I promise you don't want our punter. His 54 yarder saturday was by no means indicative of what he's done this season.

But anyone in the nation who says they wouldn't want Arenas returning kicks is crazy. (MAYBE Cal could do without him, and maybe UF likes Brandon James more, but other than that, I'd take Arenas)

I promise you don't want our punter. His 54 yarder saturday was by no means indicative of what he's done this season.

But anyone in the nation who says they wouldn't want Arenas returning kicks is crazy. (MAYBE Cal could do without him, and maybe UF likes Brandon James more, but other than that, I'd take Arenas)

i'd take arenas in a heartbeat. i'm going to be holding my breath every time we kick to the guy in two weeks. which, with the way our offense is playing, may just be once...start of the first or the third. take your pick.

i'd take arenas in a heartbeat. i'm going to be holding my breath every time we kick to the guy in two weeks. which, with the way our offense is playing, may just be once...start of the first or the third. take your pick.

Don't forget he returns punts. You might want to bring an oxygen tank.

Don't forget he returns punts. You might want to bring an oxygen tank.

oh good lord. i was hoping against hope that i just couldn't remember who their punt returner was. the first aid stations are located behind sections what and what again? seriously, though, that kid is the scariest guy on their team. hall would be, but john brandon parker cox wilson is going to figure out how to take him out of it.

Where's the lack of love for Gilberry? DJ Hall and Dangleberry are the two true studs on that team. WG is in the QB's face every other play. I don't know about trading anyone but I'd dang sure take both these guys and put them in the starting line up immediatley.

Archived