Saban

Auburnfan92

Write it down right now...Alabama beats LSU in Red Stick next year.

Save this post or whatever. We beat them next year.

LSU does lose a lot (16 isn't it) off this years team, so I think this game will be closer than it needs to be. If Sabeargod cleans the thugs and other miscreants off the team as he has indicated he would (prior to the DJ Hall "it was what it was" incident), I would call it a toss-up.

Those LSU folks are going to be out for blood though. If I were a betting man, which I am, my money would be on the Tigahs.

They have like 17 STARTERS that are leaving after this year. They will be counting on a QB who I don't think can handle SEC play. And their backups aren't that good.

We lose like 2 starters on O and 4 on D. But a couple of those on D aren't going to be missed.

I'm not saying we win the SEC or anything next year. But we beat LSU.

They have like 17 STARTERS that are leaving after this year. They will be counting on a QB who I don't think can handle SEC play. And their backups aren't that good.

We lose like 2 starters on O and 4 on D. But a couple of those on D aren't going to be missed.

I'm not saying we win the SEC or anything next year. But we beat LSU.

Well, they did lose four first round draft picks last year. They lost the #1 overall pick who was their QB. I didn't think Matt Flynn, who had just one career start, would be able to handle SEC play. They did pretty well this year, I think.

You may lose 2 starters on O, but who do you keep that's any good? JPW? I've heard a lot of criticism of your running backs from Bama fans. Andre Smith and Caldwell is about all you've got next year on O.

You defense will be much much better with their experience and Saban's schemes. But do you really think they'll be good enough to beat LSU who returns a lot of offensive playmakers? Perriloux may have had an easy backup role this season, but he's got a lot of athletic ability.

I really can't figure out how you think you're going to go into Baton Rouge (probably at night) and win.

The way Alabama ended this year really did mystify me as I really thought Bama would have put together a much better end of the year. With that said, in the future...Saban will make Bama a very solid team. I think he wins 1-2 SEC Titles in the next 6 years....BUT, I also know that he will also struggle mightily in between just as he did at LSU and at MichState. He is a good yet inconsistent coach when it comes to winning.

As for whether Bama beats LSU....it is way too early to say Alabama will or won't win. Both LSU and Alabama have a "chance" of winning the West next year (as does AU but I am just talking specifically about these two teams) and both teams have a "chance" of winning just 7 games in '08....they both have a LOT of question marks though not many LSU fans believe that down here. Let's just see how the new coaching moves pan out.

Now, onto Bama....these are my thoughts and I am sure Win, BG, and others can correct me since they know a lot more about their team.

1) Get Wilson off the field....get him OFF the freakin field...either that or find a new QB coach

2) Major Applewhite needs to learn to call better plays with what he has on the field. He makes Mark Richt look like Bill Walsh calling plays

3) Why is it Alabama can't find a dominate RB? I see a bunch of Danny Ware type players on Bama....good but not great RB's....no running game is KILLING Bama. Maybe Bama has good running numbers this year but everytime I saw Bama play I saw no RB that could take charge and GET those needed yards

With that said, in the future...Saban will make Bama a very solid team. I think he wins 1-2 SEC Titles in the next 6 years....BUT, I also know that he will also struggle mightily in between just as he did at LSU and at MichState. He is a good yet inconsistent coach when it comes to winning.

Aaaahhh, thanks Southlink. You've been very pessimistic as of late and you've been wrong. UGA beat Auburn. UGA beat GA Tech. Now you're claiming Bama will win SEC Titles. I hope your streak of "opposite day" continues.

With that said, in the future...Saban will make Bama a very solid team. I think he wins 1-2 SEC Titles in the next 6 years....BUT, I also know that he will also struggle mightily in between just as he did at LSU and at MichState. He is a good yet inconsistent coach when it comes to winning.

Aaaahhh, thanks Southlink. You've been very pessimistic as of late and you've been wrong. UGA beat Auburn. UGA beat GA Tech. Now you're claiming Bama will win SEC Titles. I hope your streak of "opposite day" continues.

To be fair, I did pick UGA to beat AU. Though I then admitted that when I pick UGA to win, it is the kiss of death. So, I am 1'fer

As much as people like to rail Saban (and rightfully so after ULM, MSU, AU, and his 9-11 comments), I think everyone here, without their AU-glasses on, knows deep-down that Saban will make Bama a solid team in the future that will compete here and there for SEC Titles. Not every year but every 3-4 years when Saban gets his first class on the field and starting. But, I know...I know...some would rather go to the grave before admitting that ;) so I don't expect many to agree with me on that publicly.

To be fair, I did pick UGA to beat AU. Though I then admitted that when I pick UGA to win, it is the kiss of death. So, I am 1'fer

As much as people like to rail Saban (and rightfully so after ULM, MSU, AU, and his 9-11 comments), I think everyone here, without their AU-glasses on, knows deep-down that Saban will make Bama a solid team in the future that will compete here and there for SEC Titles. Not every year but every 2-3 years when Saban gets his first class on the field and starting. But, I know...I know...some would rather go to the grave before admitting that ;) so I don't expect many to agree with me on that publicly

I once believed that. I still think Saban knows what he's doing - my thoughts are stirred from the mess Shula left. I know, I know, "Saban shouldn't be able to blame his problems on Shula." But, without the AU glasses and the belly-hurting laughter that has come from Tuscaloosa, I understand that Saban has inherited a mess. What I'm foreseeing is this: Saban wants to clean house. He's going to lose a lot of games in the process. Bama nation expected Saban to be a miracle worker (three years and competing is a miracle, guys). I think it takes four years for Saban to get his first real good football team. I don't think Bama has the patience. I don't think Saban has the patience. I think Saban either retires early or finds another job.

Next year could be a disaster year. They have an insanely tough schedule. They also still have JPW starting at QB. Saban's recruits will be freshmen. I would say 7-5 is a successful season next year.

Fast forward to Saban's third year at Bama and he has either a Shula-recruited QB starting or a redshirt freshmen/sophomore QB starting. They're still looking for their homerun hitter at RB. Remember Dominick Davis? LaBrandon Toefield? Josh Booty? Rohan Davey? Deverey Henderson? Josh Reed? Michael Clayton? Who does Bama have that has shown signs of being as good as those guys? And remember, most of those players weren't Saban's recruits.

Bama's offense is going to be lackluster for a while. Defensively, they'll improve, but there are a lot of SEC schools with good defenses. The ones that win are complemented by a good offense. Saban needs to pray for a miracle worker at QB. Until they find one, don't expect me to believe that Bama will win any SEC West championships.

Before I know how good/bad Bama is going to be, I want to know what Win was talking about when he said this

I'm not going into details or naming names, but know that our team is a bunch of druggies and quitters.
- http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?a...st&p=441733

I was told by two seperate uater's that DJ Hall was one of the quitters last night. I was told last night that "DJ wrapped that game up for us with a big ole bow on top last night". The play were he got smacked over the middle by Wilhite, and the 3rd and 2 int. in the endzone were the main two plays they were referring too.

Saban WAS a good coach in the past. He IS mediocre-at-best in 2007. That may change in the future. You are saying he has the "potential" to be a good coach at Alabama, and I'll give you that. But potential just means you haven't done anything yet. And he sure has not done anything at Alabama yet except stay in the news making a fool out of himself.

I have the "potential" to find $100 billion in an envelope tomorrow and marry Jessica Alba. Hope I'm not disappointed.

And all this "cleaning house" garbage throwing players under the bus and blaming Shula.

Was it a bad SEC coach who beat Arkansas in his 3rd game at Alabama? A bad one who beat UT 41-17?

Ooohh. So Saban won these games, but Shula's players lost to ULM?

Got it.

How exactly did Shula's players pull off a 42-7 win against ULM last year?

How can you possibly chock up regression with essentially the same players to that extreme degree to anything other than poor coaching?

Shula in 06: 2-6 in the SEC

Saban in 07: 4-4

Alabama's SOS in 2006: 70th

Alabama's SOS in 2007: 9th

I'll give you the ULM game. But you can't just throw out 41-17. You can't throw out beating Arkansas. You also can't throw out being up 7 on LSU with 2:30 left in the game...instead of getting blown out.

I'll give you the ULM game. But you can't just throw out 41-17. You can't throw out beating Arkansas. You also can't throw out being up 7 on LSU with 2:30 left in the game...instead of getting blown out.

Yeah, we can throw all that out, when your ball club got clearly WORSE in the final stretch. So, yeah, consider those games tossed. You guys T A N K E D.

Very nice.

Before I know how good/bad Bama is going to be, I want to know what Win was talking about when he said this

I'm not going into details or naming names, but know that our team is a bunch of druggies and quitters.
- http://www.aunation.net/forums/index.php?a...st&p=441733

Win spouting his usual load of wincrimson.

I do seem to remember the last time LSU traveled to Tuscaloosa. That Shula coached team really got killed in that one, didn't they? Oh, and the same Shula coached team beat UT that year as well, right? Not by 24 points, mind you, but UT's defense was just a touch better that year. How many times did Shula get beat by more than 7-10 points in his regime?

Just askin...

There is no way your 2007 schedule had a higher SOS than your 2006 with all your tough games at home and you played Florida the NC team on the road.

Sorry, thats some retrospective BS sos. The only reasons the numbers would adjust like that would be that you lost so many games that the teams you faced raised in rankings.

In 2006 you faced on the road LSU, tennessee, and Florida. This year your tough road games were at Vandy and Auburn.

Give me a break. Saban had the best chance at winning he will have for a while this year schedule wise. The SOS you are trying to push is total BS. Tell me that next year with Road games for all you tough games that Saban has a better shot at going 8-4 or better.

Sorry, not gonna buy it. It was the same schedule with less road games and Saban actually pulled off less convincing wins and more rediculous losses.

There is no way your 2007 schedule had a higher SOS than your 2006 with all your tough games at home and you played Florida the NC team on the road.

Look it up. ncaa.org/stats

Last year our OOC was a joke. ULM, Hawaii, and Duke

This year we played ULM, Florida State, Houston (who is 8-4)

That still doesn't make too much sense to the naked eye. Hawai'i and FSU probably even out, with FSU giving more points based on their reputation. Houston is definitely a big step up from Duke. Dropping Florida and picking up Georgia should have dropped the sos in conference for this year and otherwise, things there should be even. I could see going from 70th to 30th, but 9th? Meh.

And Hawaii's undefeated.

Archived