Arky looking at 3 coaches.....

SKCAUB

I was watching one of those ESPN football shows tonight...and they were talking about the 3 coaches that Arky was interviewing or at least in whom they were interested...Tommy Bowden was one...I forget the other two...but the surprising thing was that there was NO mention of CTT AT ALL. Sorry if this has been posted already.

:au::homer:

I was watching one of those ESPN football shows tonight...and they were talking about the 3 coaches that Arky was interviewing or at least in whom they were interested...Tommy Bowden was one...I forget the other two...but the surprising thing was that there was NO mention of CTT AT ALL. Sorry if this has been posted already.

:au::homer:

ESPN reporting that makes me feel a lot better. :P

Jay Jacobs(Lowder's lap dog) wants more say in the hiring and firing of assistant coaches.The same thing he demanded with Marsh.Marsh said hell no and left.Tubs may do the same.

They interviewed 3 people,they didn't hire anyone.How much longer they wait on Tubs is the big question.

Jay Jacobs(Lowder's lap dog) wants more say in the hiring and firing of assistant coaches.The same thing he demanded with Marsh.Marsh said hell no and left.Tubs may do the same.

That does actually make me nervous. No way we should have given Marsh a reason to leave. Many believe Marsh will return in a few years down the road though. Football coaches never return.

Marsh left because those in power didnt give him what he wanted. He took the Olympic gig to stick it to the administration.

I thought Marsh left to be an OLYMPIC coach

Basically yes. The job he took was the head coach and CEO of the USOC for Excellence, or something like that. It was a high profile job and job that is considered a promotion by any college swimming coach. He was not exactly run off, but he was willing to stay on at Auburn instead of taking that job if some changes were made. Obviously they were not made so he took a position that most other swimming coaches would not have had to think twice about taking. The fact that Coach Marsh was willing to turn down that job, as well as similar USOC jobs he had turned down in the past, to stay at Auburn just showed you how committed he was to the program he built.

CTT is not going anywhere though. I have a feeling he is going to get pretty much what he is asking for this time. Just be patient. As we have been trying to tell everybody and as CTT has been quoted, these contract changes and talks don't happen overnight.

Let us not forget that, while what Marsh did here was amazing, swimming doesn't exactly bring in the big bucks like football.

Exactly. There is a limit to what we can invest and over what time period.

Let us not forget that, while what Marsh did here was amazing, swimming doesn't exactly bring in the big bucks like football.

Swimming costs alot less, too. And has actually brought us more WORLDWIDE acclaim that football.

Swimming costs alot less, too. And has actually brought us more WORLDWIDE acclaim that football.

Not to mention he had brought himself worldwide acclaim. I think that is why he ultimately left. He had been denying himself a bigger career with some of the offers he had turned down before just because he was committed to Auburn. The man was definitely not selfish, but had to finally make a move for himself and leave the program he put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears in.

Do you know that or just hear it?

I thought Marsh left to be an OLYMPIC coach

He did in a very prestigious position. He said he hated to leave Auburn but couln't pass up the opportunity to do this.

I'm not so sure about that one. But say as you will.

Did I just hear what? The part about Jacobs being the lap dog or the part about his wanting more involvement with the assistant coaches.

Look, this thing has been simmering since jet gate.To quote Col. Kurtz,Housel,Walker,and Franklin were "errand boys."

Tuberville wanted a real AD after Housel was seen the door.The guy who is now at Ga Tech is who he wanted.Jacobs is Lowder's boy.

The only reason that Lowder and company didn't get their wish in 2003 was the details of the whole underhanded,unethical thing leaked out.It blew up in their face and the "Auburn Family" was up in arms.

Tuberville followed it up with the 2004 season further strengthing his position.

Dave Marsh did not want to leave Auburn.He had turned down the job he left for and others before.

The Arkansas job was Tubbs last week if he had wanted it.The 6 million buy out was all taken care of.The situation this week, don't know.

Tubbs and his family want to stay in Auburn and probably will.He doesn't mess with the Lowder crowd after 2003 and rightfully so.Would you want to stay in a job,even if you love it, knowing all the while that the"boss" wants you gone and is just waiting for his chance.

Archived